pipe to scwd

roidan

• SRC Member
i use ehiem hose which tightly fits and secure... then on the the other end use a 20mm thread white pvc pipe... works fine....

Hi...Can you provide the ehiem hose is dimension, and do you need to heat up the hose, before insert the PVC pipe in?

I'm facing the same problem too. I've tried 16mm and 20mm pvc, but the eheim hose 16mm, that I'm using cannot fit in, so thinking of maybe will heat the hose and push the PVC pipe in.

• SRC Member

hi! just check out the size of my hose --> its 16mm internal 20mm external... fits just right.. of course its a bit tight to sleeve it in, or it wont serve the purpose it was made for... piece of advice: try to cut the hose a bit into the section so it will come in a bit, from there u would have to force ur way through....

roidan, my offer is always open if in case u cant find lobang.....

mind sharing what pump r u guys using to drive the scwd? im using cr-4900, 3500l/h but i want more surge... hehehe... any idea? was even thinking of overdriving my return sump then use it as well to drive the scwd... any advise?

i am using eheim 1262..rated at the same 3500l/hr as yours....but i will think that the eheim will push slightly more than the CR...coz eheim famous for good head pressure...

• SRC Member
hi! just check out the size of my hose --> its 16mm internal 20mm external... fits just right.. of course its a bit tight to sleeve it in, or it wont serve the purpose it was made for... piece of advice: try to cut the hose a bit into the section so it will come in a bit, from there u would have to force ur way through....

roidan, my offer is always open if in case u cant find lobang.....

Thanks. Will try again.

:P