Warty frogfish Spawn

Unexpected spawn from my frogfishes - upper 2 pics are the ribbon-filled eggs. Female (white) is in the lower left pic - its abdomen was swollen when it courted with the male. Male (black) is in the lower right pic. I didn't take pictures of the courting because it was late last night and my tank lights were off. I didn't want to switch on the lights and disturb them. The courting movements were jerky spasms of the whole body, with all fins and opercula flared.

Anyone who wants to try hatching the eggs and raising the fry are welcome to have them - please pm me. Collect at East Coast. I will release the eggs into the sea on Thursday if nobody is interested.

post-8-1173707747.jpg

• SRC Member

bro.. wher u stay? i go and see ur frog fish leh. haha.. very nice leh.. somehow my dad shop at still road.. should be quite near den. :)

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 2 weeks later...

How big is yr Frogfish har :P ?

I'm curious that how big(mature) than will they mating :evil: ? and how to differentiate male and female 2 ;) !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe