My other frogfishes

• SRC Member

Wah that alot of frogfish in a tank man. Like the black one saw one recently at ah beng about two inch and how much u pay for that quite tempting to buy buy dun like the idea of live bait. If can train it to take frozen then it would good.

• SRC Member

used to have the black one, keep in my sump. ate a live prawn size about 4inch when the fish is only 1inch.. <_<

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Synanceia,

Need you expertise here :bow: !!!

I have 2 froggies breathing quite heavily 2day, is it normal? I can see the sand(0 grade) blown off slightly from the behind of the froggy when he breath leh :( !

Any reefer here can advice?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Hi Synanceia,

Need you expertise here :bow: !!!

I have 2 froggies breathing quite heavily 2day, is it normal? I can see the sand(0 grade) blown off slightly from the behind of the froggy when he breath leh :( !

Any reefer here can advice?

Hi Bro Jameshong,

My experience with hyperventilating frogfish is that they usually die, unless under these situations:

(1) they have just been introduced to the tank and had been dashing around the tank for a while, or been highly agitated. The breathing should settle or return to normal within a few hours.

(2) they have just eaten a heavy meal (stomach is usually bulging) - can take up to half - 1 day to settle.

(3) they have just 'squared off' with another frogfish after threatening displays - takes pretty fast to return to normal.

Otherwise, the prognosis is not good.

My two cents worth.

Hi Bro Jameshong,

My experience with hyperventilating frogfish is that they usually die, unless under these situations:

(1) they have just been introduced to the tank and had been dashing around the tank for a while, or been highly agitated. The breathing should settle or return to normal within a few hours.

(2) they have just eaten a heavy meal (stomach is usually bulging) - can take up to half - 1 day to settle.

(3) they have just 'squared off' with another frogfish after threatening displays - takes pretty fast to return to normal.

Otherwise, the prognosis is not good.

My two cents worth.

:cry: must pray hard liao !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe