Where got sell live rocks.

[d]3v|L

Maybe if one of us live near the sea and can have access to large amounts of cheap limestock rock... you can tie them all together with a piece of rope and dump it in the sea... and harvest them in a couple of months time.

LIVEROCK!!!!!

As I suggested this first, I demand first pick plus 25% cut from all sales.. :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Maybe if one of us live near the sea and can have access to large amounts of cheap limestock rock... you can tie them all together with a piece of rope and dump it in the sea... and harvest them in a couple of months time.

LIVEROCK!!!!!

As I suggested this first, I demand first pick plus 25% cut from all sales.. :D

i recall someone in the forum went all the way out to collect SW for his tank.. perhaps we can ask him to do that.. hehehe.. but me kinda worried abt do that.. coz of the pollutants in our waters... but it is indeed a good idea..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

i recall someone in the forum went all the way out to collect SW for his tank.. perhaps we can ask him to do that.. hehehe.. but me kinda worried abt do that.. coz of the pollutants in our waters... but it is indeed a good idea..

Hey kel

I am using unfiltered NSW, so far I have not encounter any problem. I change about 1/3 every 2 months.

• SRC Member
heh AT skali go n harvest tat time kena caught by MATA? chia lat! hahahaha...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

"No sir, me not smuggling LR, me just passed by and saw this rope and decided to pull at it....." :rolleyes:

just tell them that u are fishing.. but no luck.. only got rocks the whole day..hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
called up some lfs to ask for stock for live rock.... seems it is confirmed BANNED :o then how to set up my new 3ft tank?? Hmmm.....

If you call they will definitely tell you that they don't have LR....& that its banned. Who knows the caller is from the AVA checking?

It is best that you go visit the lfs and ask personally.

heh AT skali go n harvest tat time kena caught by MATA? chia lat! hahahaha...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

"No sir, me not smuggling LR, me just passed by and saw this rope and decided to pull at it....." :rolleyes:

Actually there is no law against picking up rocks from the sea. :)

CITES prevents illegal trading in protected species... I am not smuggling any such thing for sale.. hahaha!

• SRC Member
Actually there is no law against picking up rocks from the sea. :)

AT, those LR fresh from the sea.. is it safe? if i do that, i will cure it first by quarantine it first.. dun want to pollute my tank with the pollutants and unwanted creatures from the sea...

• SRC Member

AT, those LR fresh from the sea.. is it safe? if i do that, i will cure it first by quarantine it first.. dun want to pollute my tank with the pollutants and unwanted creatures from the sea...

Singapore water's LR dunn have purple one... All grey in color..

• SRC Member

The bit of water between Pawai and Senang may have some useable LR. You can get some plant rocks near St John.

Alternatively, you can try the breakwater granite pieces! :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

from what i know, St. John's island have a marine biology farm or something of that sort.. guess the water there will be much better than those near mainland.. thus, get better quality LR..

• SRC Member

I saw some nice LR on a secluded beach on Ubin, near Mamam Beach. Even got mushroom on them. But did not pick them up as I'm not sure if it is illegal. I heard we could be fine for picking up corals from the sea but LR?

I think (marine) therefore I am