Display your fowlr tank here!!

• SRC Member

My humble FOWLR..

6x2x2

Aquabee 5000 as return pump

Beckett Skimmer

Tunze 6201 (set to lowest 5,000 L/hr for circulation)

??? FR with Zorb-4

4 x 54W T5 DIY set (lights placed "overlappingly" on a 5' plywood plank)

Livestock?.. Still stocking up slowly.. :rolleyes:

post-3628-1235929484.jpg

post-3628-1235929627.jpg

post-3628-1235929635.jpg

• SRC Member
Nice fishes, and u have a big tank :eyeblur: Got very good potential to house all the different big angels :eyebrow:

Hey thanks.

Frankly I really am not too keen on the big angels. I somehow love the dwarfs more.. :paiseh:

However, am on the lookout for nicely-sized big angel juveniles.. I can't help but be constantly amazed during the transformation phase..

Still looking out for a few more tangs though, (Purple, Atlantic Blue, & Achilles), but guess I'll have to wait a while. There's been some heightened agression since the 7th & the 8th tangs added.

See torn/split fin of powder blue.. :pinch:

I'll post pic tonite from home pc.

• SRC Member

Ya I think it's a mata tang.. maybe.. :unsure:

Was not able to get name from the China girls at LCK... boss also was not ard..

Do chk the discussion on the ID forum on the above tang though.. http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77196

Ya the AT got to wait a little longer.. looking at getting rid of 1 or 2 of the bigger tangs before i intro AT.. :unsure:

Anyone has successfully intro AT into an established tank with existing tangs?

• 2 months later...

Link

Sorry so empty and dull, no choice tank still treating and recovering from velvet+ich, muz resist stocking for the moment.

Jux wanna try out my first post on the youtube to see if it works. Pls click the link at the top, hope it works, thank u. :)

Nice... The hogfish is really a giant.. Is the light a bit too bright for it?

Does it look big? It';s abt 5 inches only. Maybe it's the only active fish and it looks like it's terrorizing the whole tank. I dun normally on lights. Only on during feeding and it has got used to the bright light and know lights-on = mealtime. Anyway it's quite aggressive, it has ate two cleaner shrimps, one pom pom crab, and killed one pylei wrasse. I doubt i'll be able to add any wrasses in future.

Does it look big? It';s abt 5 inches only. Maybe it's the only active fish and it looks like it's terrorizing the whole tank. I dun normally on lights. Only on during feeding and it has got used to the bright light and know lights-on = mealtime. Anyway it's quite aggressive, it has ate two cleaner shrimps, one pom pom crab, and killed one pylei wrasse. I doubt i'll be able to add any wrasses in future.

Looks quite big.. it is longer than yr tinker liao.. Dun think will be able to add any more wrasse bah.. Dun think many wrasse will get up to 5 inch..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
Nice fishes guys....

I just started my FOWLR too. Looking for red coloured fishes. Any recommendations?

Cuban hog is a good choice, and there are some groupers which are red in color if you don't keep small fishes..

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
I think my wrasses a bit too small sure kenna whack right?

Looking for flame hawk and flame angel.

Dont see them on the east side...

my established 5inches cuban hog didn't touch all the newly added fairy wrasses. :rolleyes:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank