acidjazz

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

very hard to come by for that price. must see the supplier price give how much first.. to be frank, i only came by this deal once last year.. i asked another lfs also. they say if i really want, can lower to 200++ for me. that shipment of black tang is dirt cheap. but till now, no news of such shipment..

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

In my view,

Hybrid black tang is totally different and it is not as nice as the black tang.. :pinch:

I hope its not a hydrid brown tang as black tang breed has long nose. I didnt see the picture earth bought. Maybe can show it here. :huh:

And the price is heaven and earth. :o

• SRC Member

Why, if hybrid then tell ppl it is hybrid. I was stun when i read his post, black tang bid at 1.00. Bro earth ask for refund. or get back half is it good idea?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member
Sad to say its willing buyer willing seller.

If earth has viewed the tang and bought it then i dont think can refund liao. :huh:

maybe paul suddenly wake up, he will hear god voice say, refUND! rEFUND! REFUND!!!! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SRC Member
nah, he will wake up by a call. telling him, you wanna buy my blackie for 200bucks? super healthy feeding.. he bring home, 2 months later, turn out to be brown tang.. there are brown tang that look as black as blackie..

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

all bro, anyone got queen angel to let go or not?

• SRC Member

Not so bad lah... it definitely has got a long nose.

To be fair, he did offer a black tang from a lfs in pasir ris to exchange, but i can get a real black tang much cheaper than 450 also from a lfs in pasir ris. So i rejected the offer.

I asked for refund then and he only willing to refund $50. I didn't accept too.

Yah, i agree a buyer should be aware of what he has bought, but being inexperienced, i tot the Black tang was stressed then and hence not so black. As days gone by, still not so black and when i took a careful look, got markings and patterns on it's front body...

But this is not the issue! The main issue is he posted as a BLACK TANG and his pic shows a BLACK TANG!

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

if you guys do a search in the "reef fishes" section, he did post to ask what is the difference between a black and a hybrid.

i presume this shows that he is unsure about his fish too, but can he conveniently took it as a black tang and post to sell? a matter of integrity, i suppose. ;)

Honestly if i were him, i will post that it mayb a hybrid and buyers pls see for yourself before u decide to buy.

Anyway, i take it as a lesson learnt, it's a healthy fish though so i will take good care of it ;)

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

well, this lesson teaches us something, do some research on the fish first before buying, dont think that all the stuff the seller said is real. but still, i think he know its a hybird, that why he put the pic of the black tang, not his hybrid tang..

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Like i mention to you over the sms, someone of your position and status sld avoid such confrontations.

To begin with, the photo is exactly the same fish which you bought. . as you can see when u collected from my place.

When i finally clarify with the lfs after the owner is back from overseas, he admit that its a hybrid black tang. Therefore after some negotiation, he tell me that it is possible to trade in the hybrid for another black tang of similar size whenever the next shipment comes.

Earth, i gave you the possibility of getting a real black since the lfs made a mistake by telling me its a black tang. If you feel that $450 is too high price to pay even for a black tang, why agree in the first place?

Besides, i fed the black tang with dry food and brine/mysis shrimps in front of you and u had the pleasure to examine the fish before taking it.

I offer either $50 rebate or in exchange for a black tang. If u ask me, i believe the second alternative is more than fair.

In addition, i replied all ur sms despite knowing that i am paying overseas charges and all sms were prompt without delay.

I have already suggested we can meet at the lfs together and let the owner tell you what price he sold the hybrid.

The same day i bought the hybrid, there is another hybird which is 50 cents size going at $380. If the reefer is here, please come out to verify.

In any case, i already spelt that its a misunderstanding between me, you and the lfs. And i already spelled out the alternative, which is to exchange for a real black tang.

Thus is $450 too high a price to pay for a true black tang which is about 3.5-4 inches in size? When u compare prices, please take the avergae instead of getting the price from the cheapest lfs. I believe tt's only fair.

p.s. I agree with most of the reefers' comments here except wi3sh3ng. Please do not mix up personal price with general prices.

A few months back, i bought an 8 inch black tang from a lfs with a price tag of $800. Another lfs came in simliar size black tangs a few weeks back at half the price. What am i suppose to say? I was definately hoping for a compensation, but come to think of it, i accepted the price tag when i paid for it. Sld i blame the lfs for my mistake? Sld i ask the lfs to compensate because another shop is selling half the price? Earth, reflect.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Earth, if you have a case, i suggest that you send me a lawyer letter or make a police report or make some formal complaints to CASE or whatever authorities you prefer. I believe that if you have evidence, you wld have reported this instead of posting on the forum to garness some support and sympathy. Someone of your status sld understand this right?

Besides, its not my problem or fault that you are able to get a black tang at a lower price and therefore reject my offer of exchanging a full black tang for you. This offer still stands, take it or leave it. If you wld like to apologise, dun have to announce to the public, just send me an sms.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

whoa, i am pulled in as well, why dont you mention tomini tang as well? he too said he got a black tang lesser then 300. its possible isnt it? i wonder who was the one who strike a deal with me some time ago, saying that since you are part of the sponsor in this forum, you can actually get fish at wholesale price. its you yourself that first tell me that you can get black tang at around 300. that i finally found such a deal.. hmmmmmmmmm..... did i say anything wrong? i dont just anyhow accuse people..

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

anyone wanna see the pm he sent me regarding black tang? he himself said that a 2-2.5" cost around 300. those above 4" are 400 or so.. hmmmmmm... the one he sold earth is neither pure nor 4".. wonder why the price.. esp now that black tang is more common then of last year.. hmmmmmmmm

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

anyone wanna see the pm he sent me regarding black tang? he himself said that a 2-2.5" cost around 300. those above 4" are 400 or so.. hmmmmmm... the one he sold earth is neither pure nor 4".. wonder why the price.. esp now that black tang is more common then of last year.. hmmmmmmmm

i bet to differ. If its less than 3 inches, i will buy you a black tang. Thanks for e accusation. Anyway why are you such an angry person? :D dude, stop typing in big and small words. . its hard to read and very juvenile.

Btw reefers, check out this thread.

$200 mystery wrasse?????

OMG, did u manage to sell a mystery wrasse at $200 when other lfs are selling at $120? Who's the lucky reefer? Not bad. . not bad at all. Congrats.

Anyway i am here to clarify the matter respectfully with bro earth. I owe you an apology, so does the lfs which sold me the hybrid black tang. We can meet up to resolve this issue and come to a compromise. You are free to exchange the hybrid with the lfs any time there's stock for a full black. In that case, i assume the matter is resolved.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: