Tiny piece of the ocean in my room

• SRC Member

Did a tank upgrade from 2ftx1ftx1ft to a 2ftx1.5ftx1.5ft. INcerase amount of swim space and volume of the tank is a welcome change :)

Goanna try to update this thread as much as possible and hopfully see it grow to a nice and stable reef system that I can enjoy looking at when I am stress hahaha.

Anyway need to thank Bro Nitro for the tank.

and also Bro Colin for helping me transfer my stuff from the old tank and doing the overflow piping for my new tank. :)

Front view of the main tank :

post-34-1178207120.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Running and over flow system. Using over flow pipes made by br Colin.

Great workmanship.

Current list of equiptments:

Macro skimmer (forgotten which model)

FR1-303 (by bio-ocean) with rowa phos.

atman 104 return pum at 200/h

Seio620 (i need to get a 820 but i really want a hydor but no $$$$)

Lightings: Solite running 4 tubes of ati T5HO tubes

Close up of the over flow made by colin:

post-34-1178207850.jpg

• SRC Member

Current list of inhibitant:

1x yellow Damsel

2x True percular CLown

1x small blue tang

1x carribean Royal Gamma

1x Bi-Colour Blenny

1x Flame Angel

1x Male Blue-eye Anthias

1x Corcea Clam

Current Wish list:

1x yellow Tang

3x Female Blue eye Anthias

SIde view of the tank :

post-34-1178208340.jpg

bro, can u show more pic of the overflow and ur sump. I am actually trying to migrate from canister to sump system but got no idea how to. what happen if ur return pump failed will the water till flow down to ur sump?

• SRC Member

the picture sorts of explain ur question.

The pipe sorts of draw out water only from the outer pipe with the "teeth" in red at the pic below.

Water only flows infrom the teeth so if the returns fail (touch lotsa wood) tank water will drop only to just below the teeth level.

Not too much so my sump wont overflow .

Hope it help. The pic not very well drawn but its the main idea to ur question. Regarding how to make an over flow pipe can look at the diy section. :)

post-34-1178271935.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow, u guys set up real fast ah, Wed nite collect, now all up and playing, good stuff. U've got a pair of nice looking clown. U can try using filter wool to cover at the inlet of ur sump instead of the plastic bag. U might wanna chk out my forum to see what I meant. Think I've posted a pic of that part for my sump tank.

• SRC Member
Wow, u guys set up real fast ah, Wed nite collect, now all up and playing, good stuff. U've got a pair of nice looking clown.

Hahah too excited liao cannot wait colin diyed the overflow pipe in 1 day super fast hahaha :)

U can try using filter wool to cover at the inlet of ur sump instead of the plastic bag. U might wanna chk out my forum to see what I meant. Think I've posted a pic of that part for my sump tank.

will check it out :)

• SRC Member
dosed argaMilk. Guess this is wat u get when u give the bottle too hard a shake before dosing hahaha Haze in the tank hope its ok :P

ahhhhh hahahhaah bro!

copy me ah someone...

dun worry. this evening i made an even bigger haze in my tank. PSI in the region of 3000. cannot see. hahahaa..

• SRC Member

reminds me of my 1st setup.. small island in 1 corner.. lol...