My little ocean

zipp86

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it is only 1 month old... can really see that you know your corals placement well... keep it up! Now the challenge is to maintain them for the many months to come :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

haha beginners luck i guess, worry slightly about dead spots behind my rocks though, do you think i should install a small seio behind the rocks to help with the circulation? currently blowing my tank with the wavemaker weekly to ensure no dead spots...

• SRC Member

agree with them all nicely done... try to slow down on the stocking... and your tank is quite small careful of the bioload....

you might wanna have a small powerhead to point to the back of the scaping... you dun want it to be a nitrate sump at the back of the rock right? ;)

and becareful of the torch coral.. the tentacles might get suck into the seio...

• SRC Member

haha reefing rocks, i am gonna get a smaller seio to churn the water in between the rocks, anyway, tank looking good, stopped the stocking temporarily due to $$$ :lol: and also want tank to stabilise, my calcium lvl getting too high though, 580 like that, think the purple up is working too well, so decreasing dosing.. otherwise its fine. wa.. wish i have a bigger tank... haha

• SRC Member

haha wish i can use smaller pump too but $$ is a factor.. plus, i dont want to compromise on the water movement, want to make sure as little dead spots as possible thats why.

Maintaining most of the perimeters using sea-labs no. 28, a block with clacium and other trace elements inside, 1 block every 5 days and purple up. so far so good.

my tank specs are 3ft tank, 2 ft sump, phosphate reactor, reef octopus skimmer NW110, 250W MH, 2 HO atnic blue, thats about it:)

• SRC Member

haha i'll do my best, anyway stocking is going at a slow rate now due to space constraint.. i intent to do a major rescape at the end of the year, think i got too much rocks.. intend to set up a rock refugium, still contemplating how to do so... hope all will go well for this tank of mine:)

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

SPS in my tank mostly brown because i bought them brown, some already beginning to colour up already, still got nitrate problem though.. using AZ NO3 now to control it temporarily till i get a more permanent solution. Pls comment.

• SRC Member

nice tank....but the seio wave makers spoil the scenery... ;)

can try to camouflage it within the rock scape?..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Wow! You got a lot of firepower (500W MH) for a medium sized tank :bow::bow::bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica