Non Marine

Beng Asoka

i think u are a very neat and oderly person. nice and interesting tank u have there :)

1982 :P i was born on that year !

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

Beng Asoka, can post a full tank shot of the tank? In the 1st pics, seems like you have a few pumps lying around. What is the 'arm' on the 1st pics? Looks like part of a robotic arm?

Beng Asoka, can post a full tank shot of the tank? In the 1st pics, seems like you have a few pumps lying around. What is the 'arm' on the 1st pics? Looks like part of a robotic arm?

Hi, BFG, ya! rest on the metal arm were my Iwaki MD20 from my tools accumulation habit. That arm previously place a CRT monitor together with the whole complete PC, as you can see the adjustable keyboard arm in front of the Hi-Fi rack.

post-34-1180529919.jpg

Wow. For a planted tank in 1980s, this got to be the most high tech planted tank.

Nice work there.

Cheers

JC

No, no, no, JC85, i don't start keep any living plant at that early year. I rear some Tetra

species like, Marble Headstander, Stripe Pencil Fish, Distinchodus, Corydoras (non Tetra)...... etc, all small species only. Most of them are Herbivorous.

That moment i put some Penn Plax's plastic plant in it, they only grown some algae on top of the leaves make them seem more realistic.

I see that you're an angler!

I am a Team Daiwa fan too... I still have a Team Daiwa baitcasting graphite spinnerbait rod that has landed many big fish including a big trevally many many years ago... some pix here! B)

Now I appreciate fish under the sea! :)

1980's??? The glass can withstand decades? Not bad at all :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I see that you're an angler!

I am a Team Daiwa fan too... I still have a Team Daiwa baitcasting graphite spinnerbait rod that has landed many big fish including a big trevally many many years ago... some pix here!  B)

Now I appreciate fish under the sea! :)

Once upon a time where i really freak at Team Daiwa, i crafting the logo at the wall myself. As there you see some character has drop off.

I truly like that tournament reel seat, it 100% match with my existing Abu Garcia's Morum 5600c (MFEO ((Sleepless in Seater (movie)).

Ah..... here i should take a chance as to clarify something, i actually not keen much to fishing, i think i just love the tools most (ultra fine & unique build). I like casting at sea side under shade, hook with a big bait (i don't want to kill at will) and turn on reel's alarm resting with Latte. i like that atmosphere, i miss that.

Look weird, i like eat fish (Bawal Putih, Kerapu, Cari fish-head) , keeping fish, so fishing , so many things pertaining to fish.

1980's??? The glass can withstand decades? Not bad at all  :bow:

Hi, Jervismun, the glass tank had been replace twice, so 3 tanks all. The first one "Bocor", and the second one used black silicon sealant "Bocor" even worst, luckily my wooden hood, flame & cabinet have got a special resin coated, where it's fungus, moisture & water resistance (mainly internal).

I still remember all those clumsy disaster burst out very close to Chinese New Year make me panic looking for glass man.

• 1 month later...