Suggest me a begginer LPS other than bubbles

angelfishlover

• SRC Member

Hi jus wanna ask u all experts which LPS coral good for begginer.Plz gimme some suggestions. ;)

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Hi jus wanna ask u all experts which LPS coral good for begginer.Plz gimme some suggestions. ;)

u can try prata or cyannaria.....quite easy to keep... ;)

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

can show me some pics of prata and cyannaria???

girlone.png

• SRC Member

lobo???can any1 show me some pic of these corals???

girlone.png

• SRC Member

great jus borrowed a book all about hard corals found out how it looked like.They say these corals plus favia brain coral species is quite tolerent of most aquarium condition and very hardy.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

just do more researching lately.They were all brain coals.Great i try get from iwarna or reborn cause they all got a whole lot of selections.And they are professionals.Tell them the name they sure know.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

avoid yellow color corals.. they are mostly dyed and wun survive for long

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

thx for the info bros.Plate corals is the one with all the long tentacles right???

girlone.png

• SRC Member
thx for the info bros.Plate corals is the one with all the long tentacles right???

they hv both long and short tenacles type

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

ooo is anemone like right???

girlone.png

ooo is anemone like right???

I'll suggest you avoid Anemone for the time being... you need to be prepared to take drastic actions in the event of a dying Anemone... they are highly toxic and can easily crash your tank :cry:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I look back at the book actually what the hell is prata corals???Ooo no anemone then.Maybe the clownfish sure set up home in the plate corals.I made my choice i buy 2 fungia/plate corals,2 favia corals cause they are easy from what i hear and saw,1 long tentacle plate and 1 bubble corals..I feel like not taking care of soft corals cause they look dull.Sorry for the late reply cause jus came home from holiday liao.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
I look back at the book actually what the hell is prata corals???Ooo no anemone then.Maybe the clownfish sure set up home in the plate corals.I made my choice i buy 2 fungia/plate corals,2 favia corals cause they are easy from what i hear and saw,1 long tentacle plate and 1 bubble corals..I feel like not taking care of soft corals cause they look dull.Sorry for the late reply cause jus came home from holiday liao.

prata corals is actually call 'Donut Coral'. AngMo don't know what is prata they call Donut. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

scolymia? dunno if i got the spelling correct....

Any xperts?

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

prata corals is actually call 'Donut Coral'. AngMo don't know what is prata they call Donut. :lol::lol:

ooo.I'll go check out shops soon.Hah now cycling tank liao.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
scolymia? dunno if i got the spelling correct....

Any xperts?

Yup "Prata" is scientifically known as "Scolymia", scolymia australis and scolymia vitiensis is some of it members.

Can try keeping blastomussa too. Quite easy to a hardy coral.

• SRC Member

cheh that coral.hmm reminds me about eating prata.haha!!! :lol:

girlone.png