Jervis' 6th Tank

jervismun

Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?

• Yes, a success!
    • Yes, but not a very good experience
    • No

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there jervis, love the rockwork!! cant wait to your horsies in there.

Hi bro Ian... I can't wait too... but will wait for a while longer :nc:

Tested NO2 (0.01 Salifert) and NO3 (2.5 Salifert) today :erm:

Slowly introducing corals from my main tank :P The Coco Worm looks very happy in here as the current is much weaker than my main tank.

post-34-1184327706.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The skimmer is still producing microbubbles (occasionally) :( Will let it run-in for a couple of days more before I start to panic :pinch:

post-34-1184327805.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:huh:

Where is the seahorse? :D

Bro Reefholic the SH are still in my other tank... will only transfer over when the condition is right :)

can panic now,

coz its not going away.

oops, my MCE 600 also put out micro bubbles at times too. especially after i put in some epoxy

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

can panic now,

coz its not going away.

Oh dear... how long have you been running your RSM bro... your's is the new skimmer pump?

It's a well documented problem on some foreign forum.

Yeah but RS claimed to have fixed the issue :cry:

• SRC Member

Oh dear... how long have you been running your RSM bro... your's is the new skimmer pump?

Hey welcome to the RSM club. :D

Been running for 2 months now.

Yes, its the second batch of RSM with a modified skimmer pump.

post-34-1184335411.jpg

Nice RSM you got there bro Sadist... mine stabilized already... it's time to slowly add in LS :) Transferred this little guy (a local SH)... looking real good :yeah: Eating instantly after the transfer!

post-34-1184500871.jpg

• SRC Member

Not bad. But i prefer the those red and yellow ones.

LCK has but too bad they are not for sales. Really impressive. :D

One day when they are easily become available i might set up one.

From my experience, i think SH needs height rather than width. The longer tank you have the better. Slow flow... Lots of branching corals like seafan, etc. Tonga rocks also nice. But must choose those thinner branches types.

Last time, feeding SH is a problem because their food is not easily available. Like live copepod and so on.

Now seems easy.. You might want to try buy some from LCK, those small shrimps.. look great for SH.

Infact they are great for fishes too.

:D

Not bad. But i prefer the those red and yellow ones.

LCK has but too bad they are not for sales. Really impressive. :D

One day when they are easily become available i might set up one.

From my experience, i think SH needs height rather than width. The longer tank you have the better. Slow flow... Lots of branching corals like seafan, etc. Tonga rocks also nice. But must choose those thinner branches types.

Last time, feeding SH is a problem because their food is not easily available. Like live copepod and so on.

Now seems easy.. You might want to try buy some from LCK, those small shrimps.. look great for SH.

Infact they are great for fishes too.

:D

Bro I also have 3 Orange and 1 Yellow Brazillian Reidi... ready to be transferred over. I really should drop by LCK soon :)

All my SH (5 pieces) are feeding on frozen mysis and brine shrimp... was lucky to receive these fine specimens from a reefer.

Planning to transfer the SH over tomorrow :)

Went to Pasir Ris this afternoon... manage to find what I've been looking for... 5 pieces of cute Turbo Snails... just the right size :D

post-34-1184512114.jpg

Transferred 2 pieces over!!! Looking really nice and feeding in their new environment immediately... and yes, my DSLR macro capability is back! :D

post-34-1184550634.jpg

• SRC Member

Great looking yellow samba horsy!

How long have u had the red grape and the rest of the macro algae?

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Great looking yellow samba horsy!

How long have u had the red grape and the rest of the macro algae?

Thanks bro! Actually I gotten the Red Grape as a freebie from the reefer who sold me the Reidis... they love the Red Grape!!!

Does seahorse feed on red grape?

Nope they are mainly carnivore (as explained by bro Iantoh)... they love clinging and hanging around the Red Grape... here's my Pale Yellow Reidi... I should give them names!

At the sand bed, I am trying to plant an old colony of Red Bamboo... been wiped clean by my fishes (main tank) <_<

post-34-1184585123.jpg

A makro shot :)

Ok decided to call this Pale Yellow Reidi LEMON :heh:

post-34-1184585297.jpg