MY 1st 2ft Marine Tank

vdfne

• SRC Member

hi bro,

i'm also just started my tank. In a few week, my tank full with algae. Just wanna share with u that u can buy some snails to fight the algae. Never buy the Nassarius Snails (they all days long burrowing in the sand and only come out at feeding time to eat the flake) Never touch the algae. :evil:

Buy some Turbo or Astraea snail (They are really algae eaters) :D I buy 5 astraea snails and put in my 3ft tank. take only 2 days and now all the algae almost gone already. (think they also eat the coralline algae :blink: )

Now i'm scare that they will starve without algae. :snore:

Here is some of my hp pic u can ID the snail.

post-34-1184898730.jpg

hi bro,

i'm also just started my tank. In a few week, my tank full with algae. Just wanna share with u that u can buy some snails to fight the algae. Never buy the Nassarius Snails (they all days long burrowing in the sand and only come out at feeding time to eat the flake) Never touch the algae. :evil:

Buy some Turbo or Astraea snail (They are really algae eaters) :D I buy 5 astraea snails and put in my 3ft tank. take only 2 days and now all the algae almost gone already. (think they also eat the coralline algae :blink: )

Tnks for the info. Saw your posts too late :( . Brought 3 nassarius snails last night... 2 sec after i put them in the tank, they went straight into the sand <_< . Till now, no trace of them.....

btw, curious, for those algea, if nv control, they will spread all over the tank right. Other then the tank ugly, will there be other side effect? ie, water will go bad etc etc etc?

• SRC Member
hi bro,

bro.....can sell me 2 or 3 Turbo snails? think my tank good enuf to feed them full :lol:

BTW Turbo snails also known as Top shell? :huh:

• SRC Member
bro.....can sell me 2 or 3 Turbo snails? think my tank good enuf to feed them full  :lol:

BTW Turbo snails also known as Top shell?  :huh:

haha.. i wanna sell u 2 or 3 snails but i stay in tampines and will it worth to come down for 2 or 3 snail other than go to nearer shop? just consider for u. ;)

Actually my snails are Astraea Sp. but the shops sell them as turbo snail. Astraea snail's shell is more pointy and looks like a triangle cone than turbo snail (which shell is a bit round). But Both of them do the same effort of job.

:)