Please help ID this wrasse

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

I am new to the wrasse world. Can someone please help id this? My guess is that it is a sub adult Red Coris. Dun want to put it into my tank and have it grow so big and eat up all my shrimps. Thanks.

tat's a nice red corris.... non shrimp safe, will devour ur shrimps and sand digger, may topple those corals tat u placed at the sand bed <_< I had one b4 and I find it a terror to add in my tank :fear:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Yes, wrasses has a big family and is most colorful compared to others LS, common in captivity e.g. coris, Pseudoche/Dragon wrasse, Labroides/cleaner wrasse, Paracheiliuns/ flasher wrasse, cirrhilabrus/fairy wrasse, Macroph/Leopard wrasse. Thalasoma ect.

be careful when introduce into tank, some are not reef and invert safe. some need sand bed, some need hiding place ect.

But in general most fairy wrasse or flasher wrasser family are reef n invert safe and quite suitable for reef tank. their are also friendly to others tank mate.

hope this will help to new refeer ;)