LIVE COPEPODS for SALE!!!

Kenji80

• SRC Member

Here are other species that actively pick at live rock and sift the substrate in search of these tasty little morsels, which in turn helps to naturally control their populations in a saltwater aquarium or reef tank system.

• * Mandarinfishes: Synchiropus splendidus, ocellatus, picturatus, stellatus, and Dactylopus dactylopus species.

Actually Dragonets, Mandarinfish are members of the Family Callionymidae.

• Sand Sifting Gobies

* Sleeper Gobies (Valenciennea sp.)

* Signal/Crab Eye Goby (Signigobius biocellatus)

• Midas Blenny (Ecsenius midas)

Unlike most of its close relatives, this species feeds mostly on zooplankton, rather than algae.

• Seahorses

Amphipods (Grammarids) are one of the main live food sources of adult Seahorses, as well as newly hatched fry. They will wrap their tails around something stable and then feast on them as they swim or float by.

• Most Firefishes are planktivores and feed mainly on prey suspended in the water column, but may occasionally pick these bugs or other food off the substrate.

• Most Angel, Butterfly, Hawk and Wrasse fish species spend their days picking small crustaceaous life forms from rocks, corals, and the sand. Since copepods and amphipods are shrimp-like crustaceans, these types of fish do not consider them to be a primary food source, but may opportunistically feed on them to some extent when they are present.

• Carnivorous Crustaceans

Many species of Shrimps, True Crabs, Hermit Crabs, as well as other crustaceans that are carnivores.

• Carnivorous Invertebrates

Many SPS corals and other animals such as Gorgonians and other soft corals feed on plankton, as well as get nutrition from plankton byproducts.

• SRC Member

can sms me for collection details? cant go online after lunch break. my number 96688656.

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

Here are other species that actively pick at live rock and sift the substrate in search of these tasty little morsels, which in turn helps to naturally control their populations in a saltwater aquarium or reef tank system.

• * Mandarinfishes: Synchiropus splendidus, ocellatus, picturatus, stellatus, and Dactylopus dactylopus species.

• Sand Sifting Gobies

Unlike most of its close relatives, this species feeds mostly on zooplankton, rather than algae.

• Seahorses

Amphipods (Grammarids) are one of the main live food sources of adult Seahorses, as well as newly hatched fry. They will wrap their tails around something stable and then feast on them as they swim or float by.

• Most Firefishes are planktivores and feed mainly on prey suspended in the water column, but may occasionally pick these bugs or other food off the substrate.

• Most Angel, Butterfly, Hawk and Wrasse fish species spend their days picking small crustaceaous life forms from rocks, corals, and the sand. Since copepods and amphipods are shrimp-like crustaceans, these types of fish do not consider them to be a primary food source, but may opportunistically feed on them to some extent when they are present.

Many species of Shrimps, True Crabs, Hermit Crabs, as well as other crustaceans that are carnivores.

Many SPS corals and other animals such as Gorgonians and other soft corals feed on plankton, as well as get nutrition from plankton byproducts.

• SRC Member

$10 per tub. Self Collect @ Toa Payoh below my block.

Interested PM me.

Thanks.

• Sand Sifting Gobies

• Seahorses

• SRC Member

• Sand Sifting Gobies

• Seahorses

• SRC Member

Well, I personally dont worry about the population being too much.

I remembered about more than 6 years ago when I first setup my 5ft tank with the LR are cleared with nothing which means no worm, no pods, no algaes, no pods, no mantis shrimp, no tubeworms, nothing.... After the cycling period about 2-3 months, I started to see some pods grew on the glass. After half year they become very fast populated and they grew like nobody business. The whole tank can see lots of them. After 9 months of cycling, I had introduced a cleaner shrimp and I never need to feed it and still this shrimp always full. The pods popultions seems going down or hiding because of this shrimp. Two months later I added some fish and the pods population started to go down very fast even I feed them 2-3 times a day. Nowadays, I hardly see them except when I did something on the LR.

From my experience, you can get rid of worms,... but not pods. Seems that they will grow back from the eggs sticked on the LR. We need not worry on them as they are a part of the good things for our tank. I have noticed that my scooter blenny and mandarin dont even care of my feeding food and still look so fat. I see them always looking for food on the LR and picking up things I cant see. Maybe baby pods? At least I know they are still making a feast and not depending on my feedings.

• SRC Member

I think some picky fishes/shrimps will survive through with pods too.

I am wondering now if we should use pods as food in quarantine tank. During new quarantine fish, they are always hiding and refuse to eat. Waste us lots of time trying to feed them.