How to accimilate shrimps

I need some help with assimilating shrimps. My water parameters are good. No ammonia, nitrite or nitrates. PH stable at 8.2, temp at 27. No shrimp harassing fishes. Unfortunately, under my hands, four cleaner shrimps, one sugarcane and one fire shrimp had to say bye bye. I have no such problem with fishes.

I even tried assimilating them slowly over a few hours, checking making sure PH is the same, bag water must have been replaced or diluted 2 times over. Temperature equalized for an hour.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• SRC Member

;)

it could be copper treatment residue from the LFS u bought the shrimps from.

i personally experienced it and switch to another LFS for shrimps.

Try doing that and see if their survivability increased.

i did and i always go to that particular LFS for inverts.

Hope this helps :lol:

• SRC Member

hi, just to add:

i suppose you do not have a shrimp eating fish in your collection.

secondly, while releasing shrimps into the tank, you kind of have to let it climb slowly down the net and onto the rocks and slowly wherever they want to go cos they are not good with sudden change in water pressure..

hope this little info helps.. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
I need some help with assimilating shrimps. My water parameters are good. No ammonia, nitrite or nitrates. PH stable at 8.2, temp at 27. No shrimp harassing fishes. Unfortunately, under my hands, four cleaner shrimps, one sugarcane and one fire shrimp had to say bye bye. I have no such problem with fishes.

I even tried assimilating them slowly over a few hours, checking making sure PH is the same, bag water must have been replaced or diluted 2 times over. Temperature equalized for an hour.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

So far i keeping ###### & Anemone & Bubble Bee shrimps in 1.5ft....

When ever i got shrimps back, i soak in tank for 20mins... Then open plastic bag and place into tank....

U don mind show us yr tank picture...