Anything cheap, good and fishy in KL?

Creetin

• SRC Member

Right - by that i meant any great bargains to be found there since i am going there for a holi, just tot might as well check out the LFS there?

:huh:

I think I am thinking along the lines of fish food, equipment... livestock and rock is a no-no... :lol:

If you guys know ani good LFS there, please post the address here? ;)

Tks! :)

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

don't know much about prices - newbie myself

Oceanic Aquarium - Taman Bukit Kuchai

Batu Karang Laut - SS15 Subang Jaya

East Aqua Studio - Taman Maluri

88 - Pandan Indah

If you need street # & names, e-mail me or let me know when u are coming, perhaps i may be free to be your guide if u don't mind riding in my proton saga.

hi anakjoh

is your invitation open???

i go up to KL quite often and would love to have a look around to see the LFS there. Have not been able to spot a single one yet.

My next trip would be sometime between 25/12/02 to 2/1/03. Not sure going KL or Penang first. Also going to KL again in Jan 03.

Augustine :D

• SRC Member

Yes, I'm in KL, AT and my invitation's open to u Augustine.

I'll let u know if I can get a day off by end Dec - we will confirm the date later then.

I'm not sure if u will find anything interesting, yet there may be bargains I'm sure.

I have not seen LFS in S'pore myself, so can't compare although I'm no stranger in S'pore - been there many times but mainly for my other hobby - STAMPS!

• SRC Member

yes, they are all marine but not solely, AT. They are worth their salt though.

:D East Aqua has a display tank (6 ft I think) that's as good as your former tank, AT.

There are probably 7-8 times more FW than there are marines here.

I don't mind showing any S'porean around if you don't mind sitting in my humble proton saga or let me ride in yrs. Do give advance notice though.

Oh, there's one more I forgot, can't remember the name but it's in Damansara Utama, along the lane behind the police station if you r familiar with the place. This one's so-so only , that's why i forgot. There may be one more in Sg Buloh that I have yet to check out.

• SRC Member

I've been to one in SS2 PJ. Mixed of Fresh/Salt varieties. Last I heard it became more of LuoHans....

BTW: Seen a couple of Malaysian vans that drive up to Lorong Halus to pick up corals from Pac Marine and Reef World.

Singapore still has the price advantage and no point driving up to KL to buy corals that was originally in Singapore.....

Better off buying DVDs from Sungei Wang....

AnakJoh,

just curious.. how's the interest in Marine fish/reef in M'sia, especially KL?

I do not mean to offend LuoHan fans, I know Luohan has a following in M'sia too and I just don't get it. Don't see the beauty of a fish with a bruised head (just take a hammer & knock ??)

M'sia have plentiful coral reefs. Anybody making a living collecting liverocks, corals, fishes? Is it legal?

• SRC Member

Tiger Kayu,

In fact i did "offend" a couple of Luohan fans and even the luohan shop guy downstairs at my place.

I fed baby luohans in front of them to my snowflake !!!

Could never see how these crazy people can spend loads of cash on a stupid, ulgy looking bumphead fish that is meant for the dinner table. Actually tasted fried luohans in Bangkok before. Not bad if you put lots of chilli.

M'sia have plentiful coral reefs. Anybody making a living collecting liverocks, corals, fishes? Is it legal?

I highly doubt so... M'sia has designated a lot of coral reefs as marine sanctuaries. If you so much as take a piece of dead rock out of any marine park and get caught... you'll be paying a very heavy fine.

Besides preserving their marine parks is a good move because they get a lot of tourists coming just to dive. Malaysia has many world-class dive spots eg. Sipadan.

• SRC Member
yes, they are all marine but not solely, AT. They are worth their salt though.

:D East Aqua has a display tank (6 ft I think) that's as good as your former tank, AT.

There are probably 7-8 times more FW than there are marines here.

I don't mind showing any S'porean around if you don't mind sitting in my humble proton saga or let me ride in yrs. Do give advance notice though.

Oh, there's one more I forgot, can't remember the name but it's in Damansara Utama, along the lane behind the police station if you r familiar with the place. This one's so-so only , that's why i forgot. There may be one more in Sg Buloh that I have yet to check out.

anak joh,

there's one more in TTDI. Went there during my last visit to KL but unfortunately they were closed.

Could never see how these crazy people can spend loads of cash on a stupid, ulgy looking bumphead fish that is meant for the dinner table

Harlequin,

I see that we can be immediate friends. :rolleyes: (there I go offending Luo Han fans again)

I see many adverts of people giving up Luohan hobby & trying to sell them away. What are these people thinking of? If as cheap as ikan bilis, I might try them with nasi lemak.

Besides preserving their marine parks is a good move because they get a lot of tourists coming just to dive. Malaysia has many world-class dive spots eg. Sipadan.

AT, I see u are a diver. I just snorkel to appreciate the corals & have snorkeled at the more popular areas like Redang & Tioman. A friend told me Phi Phi is nice. From ur experience, which one u say is the best in M'sia & Thailand?

I highly doubt so... M'sia has designated a lot of coral reefs as marine sanctuaries. If you so much as take a piece of dead rock out of any marine park and get caught... you'll be paying a very heavy fine.

Maybe wishful thinking...I was hoping there's a 'designated' area and 'non-designated' area. Wouldn't it be good to have another cheap source of LR?

• SRC Member

TigerKayu,

Sure we can be friends ! Friends who hate LuoHans !

Almost every saturday in the Straits Times advertisement pages, you can see lots of people selling their home bred luohans. Thinking they can make lots of money by breeding them at home.

Honestly, no point looking for marine fish shops in KL or Malaysia. Most stocks come from Singapore anyway. Quality of equipment also quite bad as they don't stock the high end stuff like AquaMedic or Tunze.

If I'm in KL on business trips, i rather spend my time buying DVDs and makan.

• SRC Member

Thanks wsiong, I will check out the LFS in TTDI.

I believe harlequin may be right, the LFS here do not carry as many brands as I have read about in this forum. Still, if u hv time to kill, when u r up here, let me know n I may be free to be yr guide. Don't hope for anything fanciful tho. (But if u r the snobbish type criticising at everything Malaysian, save me the trouble, please) :D