7 month old 1/4 Artica Chiller for sale

julescity

• SRC Member

Bro, I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask how long did it take the 1/4HP to chill 1 deg C? Thanks.

it depends on mh, pump,...

usually we must size not only according to chiller recommnded size but we must consider all the heat producers. To play safe, we must add 20% more.

I like his words: my mistake, your gain

• SRC Member

it depends on mh, pump,...

usually we must size not only according to chiller recommnded size but we must consider all the heat producers. To play safe, we must add 20% more.

I like his words: my mistake, your gain

Thanks, reeftask.

I just want to understand it based on julescity's scenario. :)

• SRC Member

hmmm... started the chiller at 5pm. about 30 degrees at that time. 4xt5s on. went out for dinner. came back around 8pm. saw temp was 28 degrees. so maybe 1 degree per 1.5 hrs

Bro, so it seems to drop 1 deg C, it takes 1.5 hours for 1/4HP; and 1 hour for 1/3HP.

You might need to consider getting at least 1/2HP. Hopefully can chill your tank around 30 to 45 minutes. If you want to shorten it further, perhaps a 1HP might be better in the long run (eg. if you add more lights or MH in the future).

Just my $0.02 worth.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

Bro, so it seems to drop 1 deg C, it takes 1.5 hours for 1/4HP; and 1 hour for 1/3HP.

You might need to consider getting at least 1/2HP. Hopefully can chill your tank around 30 to 45 minutes. If you want to shorten it further, perhaps a 1HP might be better in the long run (eg. if you add more lights or MH in the future).

Just my $0.02 worth.

Cheers.

I too agree on this. BTW I just dont like the chiller on so long and rest so short. very high bill.

• SRC Member

Hi!

Perhaps u should take a look at your whole system and see how things can be optimised. For example, one major aspect being able to have some ventilation for the MH which is the main heat geneartor followed by pumps.

How many hours the chillers work does not equal to more electrical bill.... rather, it is the heat generated and the desired temperature to maintained. B'cos a system that pass less heat to the water will allow a longer rest time for the chiller. And a lesser different between enviroment and the desired temperature also counts....

During initial phase of installing chiller, because of the great differential temperature, it is reasonable for the chiller will to work overtime. But subsequently, it is the amount of heat that is passed into the water that counts.

IMO, if ones employ a thrify concept, a quater chiller should be sufficient. Having a loose spec in design is just a waste of money. Of course, some like to loose design spec 'cos they are constantly upgrading their equipments thereby adding more and more loads.....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Bro, I think I read in another post that someone reported using a 1/2HP on a 40g tank to drop it 1 deg C in 15 minutes.

I don't know what's your total water volume but I'm guessing it is easily more than 200g (4x2.5x2.5 + sump). Based on very rough estimates, 1/2HP might take about 75 minutes to drop 1 deg C for your tank.

And like reefer kareen said, a major factor will be the heat input sources. The more heat input into the tank, the faster the water heats up and therefore, the sooner the chiller will have to kick-in. Although you are using only T5s (not sure how many) at the moment, please consider that if you do venture into SPS in the future, you may wish to add more T5s or even MH later.

Hope you don't mind, just my $0.02 only. Cheers. :bow:

• SRC Member
maybe hit by 'aeroplane' - until reserver contacts me again, unit is available again...

call/sms julian @ 96789183

1100 bnp

Good deal. Reasonable price for this 7-month old chiller. Upzz for you bro.

PS: I'm sorry to hear about your "pilot". I fully understand your frustration. I'm dealing with one potential "pilot" myself. Sigh ... :(