sump tank having problem

vampire

Hi Bro & SIs,

Need help on the problem below:-

1) Vibration sound from duno where. suspect the powerhead or the piping from overflow.

Tank inside study room, living room also can heard the vibration sound.

Pls kindly advise as wife is not happy with the sound. master bedroom door close also can hear, can imagine the past 3 night can't have a proper sleep. now having panda eye

3.5ft tank with overflow & sump tank.

Rio powerhead

attach is the drawing of tank & sump. Pls advise as after power head is turn off no more vibration sound, once turn on the vibration sound is back.

No attachment leh... ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

don mind me asking this wat pump r u currently using coz if u want a silent pump it will b more frm germany but if its like china or taiwan etc, its quiet difficult n do u use all d suction cup on d base of the pump?

some reefer use a break line in between pump line n return connecting a hose to act as a buffer so as to reduce vibration oso sound. :peace:

• SRC Member

Ok, here's a solution. If the pump itself is vibrating place a few styrofoam under it to absorb the vibration. If you have something flat and rubber like, that should go below the styrofoam.

Another solution is to change to a different pump.

• SRC Member
Hi Vampire Bro

If you know any experience reefer, you can invite he / she to your house to identify the noise. Sometimes 2 minds can resolve the problem faster.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh no, blood matters here. I dont want to lose blood and become another vampire.

Its best to find out if really the pump sound. Listen properly nearby.

Thnaks all bro & sis,

Decided to change a new power head. had ask around some fish shop, they say it's the power head problem. currently using Rio 5000, they say pump to big for my 3ft tank, they advice me to use 3000 or 4000. live rock inside tank. thinking of getting a 2nd hand power head.

Here again thanks all bro & sis giving me advices & helping me along the way. Next time if i encounter problems again, hope all bro can give me aadvices.

• SRC Member
Thnaks all bro & sis,

Decided to change a new power head. had ask around some fish shop, they say it's the power head problem. currently using Rio 5000, they say pump to big for my 3ft tank, they advice me to use 3000 or 4000. live rock inside tank. thinking of getting a 2nd hand power head.

Here again thanks all bro & sis giving me advices & helping me along the way. Next time if i encounter problems again, hope all bro can give me aadvices.

just dont eye for our blood.