• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
nice tank you got there:)

any update of the skimmer? how it perform? pro and con?

thanks

Thanks BRo.. hmm so far Skimmer doing just fine for me.. no problem with the skimate but most impt iam quite heavily Stock and the nitrate level is still Zero so quite satisfied with the performance.. :)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member
turn off wavemakers take a pic from top, colours of sps should be better

oh good idea will do that :)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member
wow!!! amos, you stock up so fast :D somemore you are so busy :D

great tank!

bro u know me loh... i very kan choing wan.. hahaha..

teach me how to mke my sps color up more leh..

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

Thanks BRo.. hmm so far Skimmer doing just fine for me.. no problem with the skimate but most impt iam quite heavily Stock and the nitrate level is still Zero so quite satisfied with the performance.. :)

bro if you don mind, can you post some pics of it :thanks::thanks:

wow, it sure look impressive..

i am still considering to get Deltec 702 or this...

BOth using the same nedeelwheel pump that is from aquabee..

but one Deltec 702 can buy 3 skimz monster... <_<

How about the noise level?

How long have you been using it?

can post a pic of the main colum?

sorry to disturb you so much :paiseh::thanks:

• SRC Member
wow, it sure look impressive..

i am still considering to get Deltec 702 or this...

BOth using the same nedeelwheel pump that is from aquabee..

but one Deltec 702 can buy 3 skimz monster... <_<

How about the noise level?

How long have you been using it?

can post a pic of the main colum?

sorry to disturb you so much :paiseh::thanks:

bro no problem :P

iniatial i was considering whether to get deltec anot too... but will considering the priec i decided to give this local product a try.

u can come view it in action think wil be better right ? feel free to PM me if u want to come and view it :)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

deltec AP702 uses 2x ehiem 1260 needlewheel pump which is much stronger then the aquebee pump.

ya ya i think so..

think is the deltec 600 that is using the aquabee one...

but i also like the fact that skimz monster consume less power and suck in more air than deltec.. :eyebrow:

the total power draw is less than half of deltec...

• SRC Member
ya ya i think so..

think is the deltec 600 that is using the aquabee one...

but i also like the fact that skimz monster consume less power and suck in more air than deltec.. :eyebrow:

the total power draw is less than half of deltec...

you are right if you compare the power consumption with deltec (3x ehiem needlewheel pumps) with skimz monster (3x aquebee needlewheel pumps). however, i believe that performance will be different if you are comparing two different pump :)

amos, good skimmer that you invested in :D

age.png

you are right if you compare the power consumption with deltec (3x ehiem needlewheel pumps) with skimz monster (3x aquebee needlewheel pumps). however, i believe that performance will be different if you are comparing two different pump :)

amos, good skimmer that you invested in :D

i am comparing skimz s200/3 with deltec 702, 3aquabee vs 2ehiem.. one draw 1500l of air with 58 watt and the other one drae 1400l of air with 100plus watt.. :)

deltec 703 is of course the best, but way out of budget... :pinch:

sorry bro zac, will discuss further regarding the skimmer in other thread, will not disturb your thread futher :paiseh:

• SRC Member

haha... in fact i am very impressed with the skimz skimmer that amos' post :P the design looks cool. i like the white outlook :D

just wonder, skimz skimmer uses aquabee 2000/2000i. i assume it is 2000i, the power consumption for each pump is 38W (3x38w=114w). as for deltec, it uses eheim 1260 pump, so each pump draws 65w (2x65w=130w).

age.png

• SRC Member
bro u know me loh... i very kan choing wan.. hahaha..

teach me how to mke my sps color up more leh..

hehe... since your is bare bottom, and you want colourful sps... there are two ways :D

1. use the conventional way to keep your p04 and n03 as undetect. keep your water change regular (5% per week) and dose some AA to feed your sps or you feed a lot to your fishes, that will feed your sps too.

2. use zaovit system to keep your nutrients very low and use all their supplement products to colour up your sps. of course regular water change is encourage. this is en expensive system to keep up with.

there are many more ways... that had discovered over the years, if you keep track with it. so, adopt the system that suit you or you like. i wish i can keep sps again :( but i can never have the time that i had before to keep them colour up or survive :(

age.png

• SRC Member
hehe... since your is bare bottom, and you want colourful sps... there are two ways :D

1. use the conventional way to keep your p04 and n03 as undetect. keep your water change regular (5% per week) and dose some AA to feed your sps or you feed a lot to your fishes, that will feed your sps too.

2. use zaovit system to keep your nutrients very low and use all their supplement products to colour up your sps. of course regular water change is encourage. this is en expensive system to keep up with.

there are many more ways... that had discovered over the years, if you keep track with it. so, adopt the system that suit you or you like. i wish i can keep sps again :( but i can never have the time that i had before to keep them colour up or survive :(

hehe thanks bro i will do the water change per week first :P then decide again hahaha ... :thanks::bow:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

hi guys ..... hahaha many mths since the last update.. been busy with work ..

yeah my new sump is finally fixed up and i have added some equips to my tank..

change the lighting from 8 4ft T5 to MH 400 w and 250 w ( iknow its not balance but trying to see which is better :P)

added tunze multi controller .

Change to deltec CR with DIY sec Chamber from ( loster ) :P

and a top up tank ( not ready yet coming nxt wk )

hahaha i know the wirings still very untidy ... working on it still ;p

sump n piping from AM thanks Steve and of coz Janet for the help really like the neat piping works .....

after so many diy pipings that i have done for my previous tanks i must admit that this is the neatest n most well plan! i cannot compare with the pros loh LOL thanks steve $ well spend :)

post-3086-1214710168.jpg

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

Deltec CR Loved it!!! gary aka loster Poisoned me into buying when i buy his multi controller loh!! hahaha but no regrets ..

post-3086-1214710703.jpg

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170