how to detach mushroom

nuj244

while some have issue in their mushrooms detaching from the rock, I am getting information how to safely detach mushroom and attche it to another rock.

Any information/advise will be appreciated.

Mushroom dun like high flow, so place it at high flow area n wait for it to detact itself. Or use a pen knife slowly cut the base which attached to the rock. The cutting point must be as near to the rock as possible.

Use super glue gel to glue the base of the mushroom slowly and gentlely to the desired LR(not to apply too much). This action is done out of the water :evil: ! After gluing, wait for 1~2 minutes then put it into low flow area over nite for it to stable.

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Shroom can handle rough handling, so use a chiesel to chip it off or what ever cutter available to remove it. Cutting near the base is always good. Cutting the shroom also can.

High flow will shrink the shroom for a week, and it detach abt then, but you need it to let attach itself again. super glue will not work in that sense.

Your choice.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Mushroom dun like high flow, so place it at high flow area n wait for it to detact itself. Or use a pen knife slowly cut the base which attached to the rock. The cutting point must be as near to the rock as possible.

Use super glue gel to glue the base of the mushroom slowly and gentlely to the desired LR(not to apply too much). This action is done out of the water :evil: ! After gluing, wait for 1~2 minutes then put it into low flow area over nite for it to stable.

I have glued the orange MR to the Red MR rock using 3M super glue gel one month ago.

Mushroom.jpg

the bottom of the rock is reserved for Blue, purple or blue spotted red mushroom..hehehe :eyebrow: ! I'll will do it once I manage to get swee swee MR :evil: .

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

pack pack den nice mah.. wad i do is use scissors to cut the shroom, then cut the disc into 3-6 pieces depending on the colour of the shroom, then put everything in a beta box with rubble where the flow is low, the shroom will attach itself automatically and form now heads, normal shrooms ar hardier than yumas or ricordias, u need to be more carful with the yumas and rics, use lugols as a dip to prevent infection. tying the shrooms toa rock using a fishnet is another way if you want ur shrooms on a single piece of LR.

• SRC Member

if so pack, why not just leave it? Usually when mushroom grow out, all the new borns and old ones are pack together. So since before detaching already so pack, why still detach and remain so pack? Seems before detach and after detached no difference, still pack.

I agreed with bro zipp86 :D ! If all MR placed apart then it look like bota so I prefer all MR packed near by.it look very Swee when it expands :D .

if so pack, why not just leave it? Usually when mushroom grow out, all the new borns and old ones are pack together. So since before detaching already so pack, why still detach and remain so pack? Seems before detach and after detached no difference, still pack.

I detached them is not due to pack but to mix all different coloured MRs into a single rock:eyebrow: .