CLown Fish?

Yo guys.. need some help over here.. ERm, yest bought 2 clown fishes which i believe is percula and i mixed them up in the same tank whereby i already have 3 ocellaris in the tank.. After a day observe, found dat my 2 newly bought fishes when not dat active anymore! Wat actually happened? Is it bcoz of too many clown fishes in or diff ranges? diff "clan"?? :cry2::cry:

• SRC Member
Yo guys.. need some help over here.. ERm, yest bought 2 clown fishes which i believe is percula and i mixed them up in the same tank whereby i already have 3 ocellaris in the tank.. After a day observe, found dat my 2 newly bought fishes when not dat active anymore! Wat actually happened? Is it bcoz of too many clown fishes in or diff ranges? diff "clan"?? :cry2::cry:

u shld do some readin i guess..... ;););)

• SRC Member

The only two breed of clownfish that can be mix together are true and false percula but should take note only similar colour should be place together.... I agree with junyong that they might be adjusting to the new environment and being new members of the family, got to go thru Recruit Orientation... :lol:

u shld do some readin i guess..... ;););)

Actually since he already ask the question, you might as well give him so info which you know and maybe he will continue from there...... ;);) Anyway you can also put up some link for him to refer, instead of just asking him to do some reading and anyway this forum is for ppl to share interest and knowledge and also help those in need....

Anyway just my 2 cent so no offence ;););)

:D Hi there guys thanks alot~ ERm, fyi,i'm a lady. HEe! :lol: Hmm, i tried to get 1 of the ocellaris(which i believe is the bullier),[twice to 3 times bigger dan my perculas] out from the tank and it seems like they are able to swim well.. So far, i didn't see my perculas eating... :blink:

:D Hi there guys thanks alot~ ERm, fyi,i'm a lady. HEe! :lol: Hmm, i tried to get 1 of the ocellaris(which i believe is the bullier),[twice to 3 times bigger dan my perculas] out from the tank and it seems like they are able to swim well.. So far, i didn't see my perculas eating... :blink:

Seem that there are many lady into marine these days :blink::blink:

:D Kekeke.. ya, kinda got influence by my boyfriend. Well, got abit of interest ever since i went for the raodshow at Expo.. Got to see AT's speech, find wat he mentioned is very true.. ;) Btw, my that 2 newly bought fishes died 2days after my last msg... Sigh! :(:cry::cry: Till now, haven got over it... :cry2:

different species of clownfish should never be mixed. If they can't coexist together in the wild...what makes you think they can co-exist in a small glass tank with 4 walls?

You might be able to get away by mixing peaceful species..however..tomatos, maroons are some of the more aggressive clowns.

I would say the most peaceful clown is the skunk clown. You might like to replace your tomato with a skunk? :lol:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
:D Kekeke.. ya, kinda got influence by my boyfriend. Well, got abit of interest ever since i went for the raodshow at Expo.. Got to see AT's speech, find wat he mentioned is very true.. ;) Btw, my that 2 newly bought fishes died 2days after my last msg... Sigh! :(:cry::cry: Till now, haven got over it... :cry2:

I can feel ur pain. One of my percular clown is still struggling very hard with ich. Most likely wun last through tonite. Hope its partner will be able to win the battle. Damn. Now I hate blue tank for bringing in the ich resulting in many of my fishes died. Stupid me, should have quarantine it like the rest of the fishes before it. Lesson learnt.

its not true. percula clowns are more agressive than false clown. my percula clam its jaws on a common clown after it was released from the cage. for awhile it was eyeing the new common clowns from outside the quarantine cage I setup. I thought want to meet frens, scarily, actually want to bite the new comers.

about clown fish....

I notice that clown fish needs enough oxygen in the water.

Previously, after placing my first 2 clown fish in my tank for 12 hrs, they seem restless (swim to-and-fro) & they are already gasping for their breath and almost surfacing to get air.

then the next day, i bought this small flexible rubber tube (S$3.50) that u can burrow 1 inch below the sand and it emits very-very small bubbles inside the tank.

Then, after 3 hrs, i notice my clown fish recover. And now, they are healthy (cause they are eating even the left over flakes from biscuit - without oil) and 3 wks old already.

After 1 wk that my 2 clown fish was ok, i added another 2.

So, total I have 4 clown fish now.

To Add, i haven't drop any chemicals (to setup environment, etc, etc..) that i bought because from LFS. :)

• SRC Member

i my marron clown mix with my Afician clown (told by LFS). they ahd been living with each other for the past 3 weeks. IMO it more depend on who get into the tank first, like mine case, my afician clown had terr the area then came in my morron, and make surethat the lind one had a bigger size than the aggr one.

i my marron clown mix with my Afician clown (told by LFS). they ahd been living with each other for the past 3 weeks. IMO it more depend on who get into the tank first, like mine case, my afician clown had terr the area then came in my morron, and make surethat the lind one had a bigger size than the aggr one.

this I agreed to a certain point. but u seen some punks such shorty, but with tattoos bully those retard big size guy in school..?

it may happen if it can happens. :)