White Spot

• SRC Member
hi, how do u describe white spots on blue tangs? what if mine has a few spots but is still swimming and eating happily? should it be taken out?

That white spot is white spot :rolleyes:

My yellow tang had white spot when I intro to my tank , luckily it is feeding on pellet everyday and as the fish get stronger eachday the white spot just disappear and maybe eaten by the doctor :eyebrow:

oh, so that means i can dun do anything abt it and just make sure it feeds well everyday and let the doctor do its job?

Hi guys, I have a 2cm size BT which was bought almost 2months ago. Fortunately it feeds well but the white spot has not recover... Do u guys hav any solution with that?? Shd i leave it as it is??

• SRC Member
wat i did was like change my filter wool, change a bit of water n if u can lower a little bit of ur salinity.

i did this n it wrks for me. :D

well guess what, when i woke up this morning the white spots on the BT was gone... :rolleyes: i didnt do anything... hopefully it wont come back.... swimming and eating happily though...

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

• SRC Member
Thanks! seems like the doctor is doing its job. :yeah:

guys. it helps to do a search about white spots on this site. its pretty well discussed on this site before. take a look at henry's thread. he gave some very good a relevant advise.

the best way to treat white spots is to QT the fish before introducing into main tank and just keep improving the water conditions. :upsidedown:

wat i did was like change my filter wool, change a bit of water n if u can lower a little bit of ur salinity.

i did this n it wrks for me. :D

Thanks for the advice bro, i ususally change the filter wool + change 10% water (Sea water) ... But any idea how long to take for the ich to totally clear? Few mths??

• SRC Member

it will clear for a while then come back stronger.. cuz of the life stages, pls go read up on that, know ur enemy! haha, one thing you can do is to not add any fish for 1 month, let the weaker fishes die, the stronger ones will survive and remember to feed excellent quality food. I suggest only use New Life Spectrum Thera A to get your fishes health up!

• SRC Member

guys. it helps to do a search about white spots on this site. its pretty well discussed on this site before. take a look at henry's thread. he gave some very good a relevant advise.

the best way to treat white spots is to QT the fish before introducing into main tank and just keep improving the water conditions. :upsidedown:

Well cleaner shrimps does it jobs very well but frequently stealing food from my hand when i want to feed my LPS coral. :pirate: I dun quarantine all my fishes.Too lazy and cause wanted my cleaner shrimps to do it's job.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Thanks for the advice bro, i ususally change the filter wool + change 10% water (Sea water) ... But any idea how long to take for the ich to totally clear? Few mths??

No problem we r here to help each other n learn. ;)

Few factors to know of n depend on ur water, how good is ur filtration, ur water parameter n above all how strong is the fish to fight back when it is infected by the itch. It happened to mine b for n it last for 2 mths it was a vry bad 1.

if u can try to come out with a very good filtration system n regular change of filter wool is 1 of the good practice to adopt.

Regular dosing of bacteria will do justice to ur water. :peace:

• SRC Member

I believe in holistic lifestyle,

The fish food now adays will boost immunity and I believe if the fish is feeding well and resting well, its own body will have the immunity and will recover on its own and doctors fish will help to eat up the whitespot on the surface of the fish body.

my 2 cent worth.

• SRC Member

I too have such encounter after a introducing a new fish which develop white spots all over its body and dies eventually, lucky for me I have a pair of hardworking cleaner shrimp which help to get rid of it on the other fish and also my other fish who is with me for 2 mths and is feeding on Omega One pellets with garlic and also brine shrimp soak with garlic guard which help to boost their immune system, which all recover itself eventually without any medications. Lucky ME :paiseh::bow::D

I believe in holistic lifestyle,

The fish food now adays will boost immunity and I believe if the fish is feeding well and resting well, its own body will have the immunity and will recover on its own and doctors fish will help to eat up the whitespot on the surface of the fish body.

my 2 cent worth.

No problem we r here to help each other n learn. ;)

Few factors to know of n depend on ur water, how good is ur filtration, ur water parameter n above all how strong is the fish to fight back when it is infected by the itch. It happened to mine b for n it last for 2 mths it was a vry bad 1.

if u can try to come out with a very good filtration system n regular change of filter wool is 1 of the good practice to adopt.

Regular dosing of bacteria will do justice to ur water. :peace:

Thanks for ur advice bro. Btw, Merry Xmas and Happy CNY to u!!!