Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

Happy to share that my tank parameters are in check :)

Sg: 1.025

pH: 8.0 (lighting peak)

kH: 12 dkH (11.5 a week ago)

NO2: 0 ppm (0.05 a week ago)

NO3: 2 ppm (5 a week ago)

PO4: 0.008 (0.015 2.5 weeks ago, before running FR)

Mg: 1350 (will increase CR effluent)

Ca: 410 (will increase CR effluent)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ur RBTA seems thinner but longer now though I still prefer the short fat round tip earlier on.

According to www.liveaquaria.com if the RBTA doesn't get sufficient light, its tentacles will lose its bubbly form... perhaps my T5 tubes are not providing enough firepower <_< But I do feed it with frozen mysis... so it shouldn't be starving :unsure:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
According to www.liveaquaria.com if the RBTA doesn't get sufficient light, its tentacles will lose its bubbly form... perhaps my T5 tubes are not providing enough firepower <_< But I do feed it with frozen mysis... so it shouldn't be starving :unsure:

hmm it shouldnt be starving but i think in the long run, it will lose its real intense colors.

and jervis, try asking those "glass carpenter" too. and make sure u get a reputable glass removal kit.

im not an expert in these for as far as i know but i did done a fair amount of research on it, alot of these type of scratch removing thingy are simply bs.

so spend more time looking for a good one and tell us the results!

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

manage to track back history and found one of the link that you might find it useful and most importantly "consoling"

and you will need alot of hardwork if u can feel the scratch marks with your finger nails.

check it out mate. http://www.bostonaquariumsociety.org/html/faqs/scratches.htm

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

If this behavior persisted, it will soon retract further and melt away. Try target feeding daily. Mysis might be too little unless urs is a small specimen.

Cheers

JC

If this behavior persisted, it will soon retract further and melt away. Try target feeding daily. Mysis might be too little unless urs is a small specimen.

Cheers

JC

It's quite small actually but thanks bro for the pointers... I fed it again just now before leaving office.

Bad news... found the RBTA moved slightly this morning... it is not mounted up-side-down on the bottom of the ledge (instead of sitting on the ledge) :cry: Hopefully it will not bulldoze any further :erm:

post-6096-1201603738.jpg

Went GO for lunch today... and end up "tabao" some food back to the office :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Pipe Organ Coral... kinda common but the green is very intense :whistle Pix taken 15 mins after intro.

post-6096-1201605713.jpg

post-6096-1201605720.jpg

hi, we met at GO when you pick your pipe organ :pinch: i was there :paiseh:B):P:D

Ohh... so I know who you are now... nice to meet you :D

• SRC Member
Ohh... so I know who you are now... nice to meet you :D

hahaha... ya, nice to meet you too :paiseh: and both of us pick softies instead of sps :pinch:

i remember, whenever there is a shipment, my eyes always glue on the sps :paiseh: now, i am no longer interest on it anymore. i would just look out at colour softies instead :pinch:

age.png

hahaha... ya, nice to meet you too :paiseh: and both of us pick softies instead of sps :pinch:

i remember, whenever there is a shipment, my eyes always glue on the sps :paiseh: now, i am no longer interest on it anymore. i would just look out at colour softies instead :pinch:

Yeah me too... but I got a feeling... one day... one fateful day... my eyes will focus on those colour sticks :heh: :heh: :heh:

Besides the durian-shaped Pipe Organ... I also "tabao" some Gonioporas :eyebrow:

Better dun go LFS during the Lunar New Year season... all turn out red <_<

This Red Goniopora is quite odd in shape... but the size is pretty large... I particularly like the glowing pink center :)

post-6096-1201612178.jpg

Will be able to better appreciate the pink centers with the help of actinic :eyebrow:

post-6096-1201612369.jpg

Huh? What colour sticks??

aka SPS :rolleyes:

Yeah. wait no more. I heard you are starting a nano sps tank.

When huh? :rolleyes:

Wah!!! Where got? :whistle :whistle :whistle

Also "tabao" this light purple Goniopora... the blue dot center is quite visible in real life :D

Quite like the way I put the 3 pieces of Gonioporas together... not taking up too much space :eyebrow: Can't wait to see the 3 colours merge together :D

post-6096-1201615488.jpg

Pink... peach... or white? Will be able to find out very soon :rolleyes:

post-6096-1201615712.jpg

Partial tank shot... colouring up :)

Notice how weird the RBTA hangs on the ledge :pinch:

post-6096-1201616012.jpg

And of course the best way to enjoy an LPS/softies tank is via movie clip :rolleyes:

th_MOV08725.jpg

Enjoy :peace: