Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

i am suprised by your decision... :whistle:whistle

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jervis, this time round, wat sort of fishes u thinking to add in ? school of Anthias :idea: or chromis again ?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Just to add that I have a hood to cover the lighting fixture... it will be hidden from view :upsidedown:

put a fan in front of the light blowing it so it swings nonstop should give u even better special effects keke. Oh yah since u were showing pics of snails .. heres mine.

Even your snail has lumps :D

Fan blowing light fixture? Emm... how about install a motor to move the lighting left and right to mimic sun orientation? :pinch:

Btw... went LFS shopping after meeting... tadaa!

100101.jpg

Pour them into the tank after acclimatization... and my poor Blue-legged Hermit was trapped in between... looking really stress <_<

100102.jpg

What goes in... must comes out :eyebrow: White sand from the LFS display tank :paiseh:

100105.jpg

Decommissioned my Sump 2 (holding tank for my PBT and BT)... connected the main tank to the sump already. Everything is place finally :)

th_MOV07382.jpg

The Tunze Wavebox is creating havoc in my overflow compartment :upsidedown:

My Powder Blue Tang roaming happily marking its territory :D

090107.jpg

Black Tang (hybrid) too :rolleyes:

100106.jpg

• SRC Member
My Powder Blue Tang roaming happily marking its territory :D

090107.jpg

Tats a healthy PBT and looks like the fellow is swimming on the road... Its a totally different feel and refreshing too :rolleyes:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Tats a healthy PBT and looks like the fellow is swimming on the road... Its a totally different feel and refreshing too :rolleyes:

Yeah... once in a while... we do need something to feel refreshing about :)... it's gonna be your turn very soon :D

Bro Jervis, Henry has a few Tiger-tail cucumber at his shop.

Might want to drop by and take a look, they are pretty long :whistle

Thanks bro for the info... I think I will give it a miss for the time being as the 2 Black Sea Cucumber might have difficulty finding enough food for the first few weeks :pinch:

As expected... once connected to the main tank... the skimmer went crazy... must be from the Live Sand :whistle

090106-1.jpg

Will be relocating the Aquatronica Power Unit behind the skimmer to better manage safety :)

there seem to be some infection above your BT eye? that's what i see from the pic, something above the eye.

Yes... it's been like that for more than a year... but it is doing well... and growing well too :)

As expected... once connected to the main tank... the skimmer went crazy... must be from the Live Sand :whistle

090106-1.jpg

Will be relocating the Aquatronica Power Unit behind the skimmer to better manage safety :)

Jervis since you are long term this live sand user, did you find the skimate is like calcium (greyish) powder? I dump 2 bags live sand from AM and my RSM skimmer when crazy in minutes and water turn cloudy and I found that this live sand is not clean I found lots pieces of plastic inside it and sucked to my sump.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

Jervis since you are long term this live sand user, did you find the skimate is like calcium (greyish) powder? I dump 2 bags live sand from AM and my RSM skimmer when crazy in minutes and water turn cloudy and I found that this live sand is not clean I found lots pieces of plastic inside it and sucked to my sump.

Yeah I've been using this brand of live sand, both white and black... I have not once found any plastic pieces inside... as for the cloudiness... it's kinda expected from any sand related material... for mine, the cloud settled within 1/2 day... as for the rest... let the skimmer take care of it :D

Yeah I've been using this brand of live sand, both white and black... I have not once found any plastic pieces inside... as for the cloudiness... it's kinda expected from any sand related material... for mine, the cloud settled within 1/2 day... as for the rest... let the skimmer take care of it :D

Sorry mine was reef substrate not reef sand....the cloudiness is gone this morning but still found some small pieces plastic trapped in my floos filter.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

My tank is very BLACK :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

post-6096-1200058916.jpg

Must thank a reefer for giving me this lovely Sand Dollar... free delivery some more :bow: :bow: :bow:

post-6096-1200059184.jpg

Notice a purplish tint on the Sand Dollar? I changed 2 T5 tubes this morning... happy to find 2ft ATI True Actinic :D Now running 2 ATI Aquablue Spezial + 1 ATI Blue Plus + 1 ATI True Actinic :whistle

post-6096-1200059374.jpg

• SRC Supporter

U can get it from Marinelife

My little ocean
Mix Reef-Main tank 30 inches Length x 32 inches Width x 18 inches Height
2 X Skim DC return pump
Aquabee 2000 chiller feeder

Hailea 1/2 Chiller
1 X Tunze nano wavebox

2 X EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10W
Deltec skimmer - Internal
Lumenarc 400watt 12K Reeflux

8 X T5 ATI Powermodule