Montipora

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hello yazid .. i am thinking of keeping encrusting montipora

where did you bought it ? how much?

what the type of lighting is needed for this coral ...is should be a sps but compare to other sps it is easy to keep .....

what temp?

i need more information on this coral....

can anyone keeping it .......tell me more ...thanks

what the type of lighting is needed for this coral ...is should be a sps but compare to other sps it is easy to keep .....

what temp?

Hope your tank is good enough to have sps

From your many replies to almost all my qustions, wonder if you can gather that I am trying to get more info and help to improve on my existing tanks. But its funny how all your replies seem to be for naught? Maybe you can try helping instead of commenting? ;)

Maybe you should start off setting up the right condition first.

Then you can start to think of what you want to put into your tank.

Reading from your previous post, one cannot help but notice that your tank setup can barely support LPS and you want clams and sps. You are sure to draw some negative comments.....but don't take it negatively, use the comments and read up other post as well so as to help you to setup the right tank enviroment for clams and sps you want to keep.

Hmmm...I'm sure everyone has been thru this phase in the marine hobby. Compulsive buying? I myself have been thru it and managed to overcome it with experience..but time to time it still gets to me...although this time my resistance is higher. B)

Everyone chill out! :lol:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Well, it might be true that my tank might not be sufficient ;), but then again, I'm just trying to gather more info so as to further enrich myself and also improve my tank. Otherwise, how is one to learn if one doesn't ask? Which brings me back to what i was trying to say in the first place, negative comments are fine, but negative comments that are not explained seem to be for naught. Anyway, hey evryone just chill!

• SRC Member

what temp?

Dr J_M, you may want to have a look at the link below for info on how and what's needed to care for sps.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1629

• SRC Member
Well, it might be true that my tank might not be sufficient ;), but then again, I'm just trying to gather more info so as to further enrich myself and also improve my tank. Otherwise, how is one to learn if one doesn't ask? Which brings me back to what i was trying to say in the first place, negative comments are fine, but negative comments that are not explained seem to be for naught. Anyway, hey evryone just chill!

You may want to do some reading here and from some other websites. I cannot provide any other info on how to keep it, as I'm like you, thinking to 'start' keeping SPS only.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1629

But keeping a constant water parameter is very important inregardless of SPS or mix reef, etc.

I've been spending a fair bit on test kits (after all the equipment investment), taking measurement daily to see how to maintain constant level (mainly dKH, pH, Ca level). and it is real challenging! <_<

Hence, I think if I cannot maintain a small/minimum fluctuation of water parameter, I'm not ready for SPS. :(

From your many replies to almost all my qustions, wonder if  you can gather that I am trying to get more info and help to improve on my existing tanks. But its funny how all your replies seem to be for naught? Maybe you can try helping instead of commenting?  ;)

Hey its not that I always want to give negative comment in your thread, but from your previous thread you post regarding clams and such, I believe that your setup is inadequet for sps(You should know which oneis not enough ;););) )...... Sps require not just strong lighting and good water condition(Of course this play a very important part), many other factors will enable you to be sucessful with them or a failure with them. I have quite a few failure too with sps, usually base RTNING therefore lead to fragging when i just start sps, luckily now with more reading more colonies have stop......TOUCH WOOD!!! :lol::lol::lol:

If you really want to start sps, really, read alot more from net and other source. Start with more hardy species like monti and poci first. But even so they are way more difficult to keep than lps.

To end here hope you are satisfied with my reply-D_A

I am here to seek peace and not fight war and then cause trouble and headache to AT :lol::lol::lol: just that I hope that reefer have the right system to keep their coral happily.... NOT SURVIVING BUT THRIVING!!!

• SRC Member

Hi DrJekyl_MrHyde, to start of with...it will be better for u to get ur equipments (MH, chiller, broad range of test kit, supplements etc ect....) rite first. Next is to have ur tank parameters set rite and stablise before u even think of sps. And of coz u must be financially ready to go into Sps coz they are not cheap to maintain. There's no harm in askin and learnin but can't help from noticin tat u are askin abt prices, whether tat particular lfs carries lps and 'sps' and even wanna buy dino's acro if he decide to let go. Can see tat ur urge to buy sps is arising especially when u come across acros at affordable prices and make the fist bad move by gettin one and the end result :nuke: . So my advise would be to read up, ask all u wan abt sps (minus the price, and urge to buy over seller acro) and in the meanwhile work with lps first until when everythin is ready then the time for sps has come. Patience is the key :peace:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

Hi DrJekyl_MrHyde, to start of with...it will be better for u to get ur equipments (MH, chiller, broad range of test kit, supplements etc ect....) rite first. Next is to have ur tank parameters set rite and stablise before u even think of sps. And of coz u must be financially ready to go into Sps coz they are not cheap to maintain. There's no harm in askin and learnin but can't help from noticin tat u are askin abt prices, whether tat particular lfs carries lps and 'sps' and even wanna buy dino's acro if he decide to let go. Can see tat ur urge to buy sps is arising especially when u come across acros at affordable prices and make the fist bad move by gettin one and the end result :nuke: . So my advise would be to read up, ask all u wan abt sps (minus the price, and urge to buy over seller acro) and in the meanwhile work with lps first until when everythin is ready then the time for sps has come. Patience is the key :peace:

Well said :bow::bow:

:):bow::bow: