Algae Blenny

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone keeping algae blenny in SPS tank? Will it nip on SPS? I am having algae problem and thinking to get one to control the algae. Thanks.

Nope, hv one algae blenny in my tank. It never nip on my sps. Doing a good job only graze on the rock. Never fail me and strongly recommend to have it IME.

Mix reef-Main tank 3x2.5x2.5ftA

TI 3ft 8tube

Hitachi compressor unit 1HP

1 x AP- 702 Deltec

1 x Coral Lab CR with Ph controller; 1X AquaMedic Kalk Reactor top off

Baby fish dosing kh/Sr&Kcl/mg

DI water thru kalkwasser

1 x Skimz Fr with BRS gfo

2 x Rio 32hF main pump

1 x Pinpt Orp monitor

1 X Pinpt Ph monitor

Aquamedic wave maker

Sump 3x1.5ft plumbed together with;

1.5ft cube live rock

Frag tank 5x1x1ft

• SRC Member
Ya, I tried to keep twice and both died after few months.. Nvr buy liao...

IMO, after a few months in the tank, by right they should start also eating pellets or other food tat u feed ur fishes too right besides jus grazing at algaes ? :unsure:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
IMO, after a few months in the tank, by right they should start also eating pellets or other food tat u feed ur fishes too right besides jus grazing at algaes ? :unsure:

not true... mine till now few months liao still not eating other food...

• SRC Member
not true... mine till now few months liao still not eating other food...

Maybe I got many fishes and I flood my tank with mysis and brines and pelltes. So eventually the fellow starts to whack the food too

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

There have been cases that these algae blenny juz staved and die off with no apparent reasons.

Lots of X-files as well, where they juz died one day all of sudden, no warning.

It will be great if ya is feeding on pellets though.

:)

Get a bristle tooth tang. :P

Works great.

• SRC Member

mine had been with me for more than 1 yr liao. Feeding on pellets. But if u planning to get a bristletooth tang, never put a algae blenny inside. The tang will chase it. dun know why. mine is not an isolated case.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone keeping algae blenny in SPS tank? Will it nip on SPS? I am having algae problem and thinking to get one to control the algae. Thanks.

Algae blenny will not nip the sps. I have mine in my sps tank for more than a year. Only target algae on the rocks and glass.

Try to check your water parameters such as nitrate or phosphates on why you have algae problems.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• 1 month later...