Crystal Pro 3-stages

DrJekyl_MrHyde

• SRC Member

i need review in this product?

how good is the water after going through it Resin ?

N Each Resin cartridge can last for how many litre of water before u need to change it?

reefers using this product pls review casue and actually deciding btw this product or ordering distillwater...

thinking which is more worth getting in the long run.

• SRC Member

produces almost perfect water for changing water lah nothing much to review about cos cannot compare to those Deltec or Kent marine RO type with built in TDS meter. Chinese say 1 cent u get 1 cent product. Its a little slow also without booster pump.

• SRC Member
produces almost perfect water for changing water lah nothing much to review about cos cannot compare to those Deltec or Kent marine RO type with built in TDS meter. Chinese say 1 cent u get 1 cent product. Its a little slow also without booster pump.

Actually i prefer Crystal Pro because it is a DI unit. Mainly because it does not produce any waste water. RO requires booster pump to force the water through very fine RO membrane but the water is still too slow for use. According to what i read online also, RO produces 90% pure water while DI produces 99% pure water.

• SRC Member
Juz to share.

19 Litre of distill water = $6.

:)

thats alot of difference

$0.316 per litre

800 Litre for Crystal pro = $68 (change all three chamber)

$0.085

but i usually change when there is a reading..so

400 litre = $68

$0.17

distill water wasn't a choice for me. have no place to store.

• SRC Member
thats alot of difference

$0.316 per litre

$0.085

400 litre = $68

$0.17

thanks... i decided to use distill water... cheaper and time saving for me...

• SRC Member
thats alot of difference

$0.316 per litre

$0.085

400 litre = $68

$0.17

800L is just an estimate. it depends greatly on the TDS of your water. Different places hv different TDS readings, which will then affect the total litres for the resin life span.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
800L is just an estimate. it depends greatly on the TDS of your water. Different places hv different TDS readings, which will then affect the total litres for the resin life span.

My work place reads 53ppm and 52 at home. Those who have a TDS meter, whats the TDS at your place?

My work place reads 53ppm and 52 at home. Those who have a TDS meter, whats the TDS at your place?

see these are the problems that u are going to have if u are going to use RO Filtration System

great choice DrJekyl_MrHyde :eyebrow:

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Anyone can tell me how do one pump water through this filter? The larger yellow tube comes with some adapter which I do not know how do connect. Why can't they just integrate a normal hose adapter? or can I convert that?

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

hmm.. my home reads 104ppm.. must be very unhealthy. :eyeblur:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

Mine used to be 48... given up on tap water, sold away a TDS and have been using bottled distilled water since. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Anyone can tell me how do one pump water through this filter? The larger yellow tube comes with some adapter which I do not know how do connect. Why can't they just integrate a normal hose adapter? or can I convert that?

Anyone?

Why must most toys in this hobby be so troublesome. Hardly plug and play.. mostly need something else from somewhere before it can work properly. :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

Thanks... but I never seen the adapter before.. and the Homefix at Jurong point sucks.. hardly can ever get anything when I need it... :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

ANyone can tell me if the replacement cartridges of other brands are the same size? Can they be used on this Crystal Pro?

Also, what's the difference on the micron type cart? If 5 micron is for smaller particles, then why do we still get 10? Just put in both 5 and thats it.. right? Is carbon cart neccesary?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
ANyone can tell me if the replacement cartridges of other brands are the same size? Can they be used on this Crystal Pro?

Also, what's the difference on the micron type cart? If 5 micron is for smaller particles, then why do we still get 10? Just put in both 5 and thats it.. right? Is carbon cart neccesary?

You can say that 5 micron carbon is a finer grade so higher quality. Think single cartridge is more than sufficient. Carbon removes chlorine. Chlorine deteriorates the resin.

• SRC Member
You can say that 5 micron carbon is a finer grade so higher quality. Think single cartridge is more than sufficient. Carbon removes chlorine. Chlorine deteriorates the resin.

ok.. I get it about the carbon part..

But if 5 micron cart is higher quality and still cost the same, why not then get 2 x 5 micron on such 3 stage filters? Why even bother for the 10 micron ones? :pinch:

• SRC Member
ok.. I get it about the carbon part..

But if 5 micron cart is higher quality and still cost the same, why not then get 2 x 5 micron on such 3 stage filters? Why even bother for the 10 micron ones? :pinch:

Think some places water could get very dirty and clog up the 5 micron filter, therefore use 10 microns or more. Also a higher micron cartridge gives a faster flowrate and vice versa. In our case, for the resin to fully react with the water, i use a reasonably slow flowrate while monitoring the output TDS. Singapore water generally does not contain alot of particles, so actually think 1 x 5 micron is more than sufficient. But considering that singapore water contains lots of chlorine, 2 x micron may be a good idea.