help needed .. pro pls help

Chocogun

• SRC Member

i dun think so bro.. ammonia and nitrite must be zero.. nitrate less than 20.. that's for basic livestocks, not including corals..

pH too high (8.8) can be brought down by changing water lor, as for now im not sure of any other methods.. would be interested to find out as well..

cheers bro, be patient and wait a while longer.. :)

i dun think so bro.. ammonia and nitrite must be zero.. nitrate less than 20.. that's for basic livestocks, not including corals..

pH too high (8.8) can be brought down by changing water lor, as for now im not sure of any other methods.. would be interested to find out as well..

cheers bro, be patient and wait a while longer.. :)

aiyo like that must change roughly how much water huh ? how to bring the nitrite ammonia to 0 ? nitrate how to reduce ?

does denitrate helps ?

w()W*w()W*w()W

• SRC Member

i am no pro.. but changing water weekly does help to keep ur parameters in check.. and patience will bring ur ammonia and nitrite down, let it finish cycling maybe at least 1 month onwards..

how long has it been cycled by the way..

yupps denitrater should help in nitrates, i've never had one b4.. :P i think its not necessary at this stage.. my opinion..

might help if u give some info on ur tank setup, equip., livestocks u plan to have.. and duration of setup.. ^_^

aiyo like that must change roughly how much water huh ? how to bring the nitrite ammonia to 0 ? nitrate how to reduce ?

does denitrate helps ?

In the first place, why did the ammonia get so high? Is it because you are using LR that is uncured?

You need good bacteria to start forming on your LR. This bacteria will help to break down the ammonia to nitrite and then to nitrate. This whole cycle needs time. You can read about this cycling process in books or forum.

Of course, you can add carbon in the filter to help break down the ammonia and nitrate. If you are using uncured LR, this cycling process may take > 8 weeks.

Hope this helps

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

• SRC Member
In the first place, why did the ammonia get so high? Is it because you are using LR that is uncured?

You need good bacteria to start forming on your LR. This bacteria will help to break down the ammonia to nitrite and then to nitrate. This whole cycle needs time. You can read about this cycling process in books or forum.

Of course, you can add carbon in the filter to help break down the ammonia and nitrate. If you are using uncured LR, this cycling process may take > 8 weeks.

Hope this helps

that's what i had last time.8 boring weeks wif empty tank wif lr and saltwater onli.change 10% of ur water wif deionised water to bring down the ph without adding salt.

girlone.png

PH -- 8.6 ( ACCEPLTABLE ) ?

Ammonia -- Close to 0 already

Nitrite -- Close to 0 already

Nitrate -- close to 0 already

I am using this aquarium pharmaceuticals inc, saltwater master test kit. 4 in 1 above test .

those above figure is from the colour i got from the test kit card. all above colour is near to the zero range colour , thats why i put near 0 ... so anyone can advise ? been running it for 2 weeks already .

is the skimmer not working or is it there is no fish thats why no skimmate ? using reef octupus dn 200 ..

pls advise .

so can i put corals in liek zoos , leather and those corals that does not required chiller ?

w()W*w()W*w()W