My simple and humble tank

Digiman

• SRC Member

Nice fish bro... Hopefully it will start feeding soon...

Btw my roseafacia has become a terror in my tank... It jus wont stop chasing e theilei clown n helrichi goby...

Getting abit worried now... :(

Nice fish bro... Hopefully it will start feeding soon...

Btw my roseafacia has become a terror in my tank... It jus wont stop chasing e theilei clown n helrichi goby...

Getting abit worried now... :(

U can try this solution: Catch out the roseafascia. Put it in a betta box for one or two weeks than u release it again. After tat the fish should be slightly less aggressive.

The masudai jux refuse to eat mysis, go on like this it'll die. I did some minor rescaping and took a vid:

• SRC Member

Ok bro. Will try to catch it... Btw tat is a really nice hogfish bro. Its a pity it stil dont eat. Maybe deep water cannot get big size. Survival rate is low. Should get a small piece...

• 2 weeks later...

Got back my masudai hog. It is so healthy now, cruising the tank non stop with a v big appetite! It will gobble up any amount of mysis i throw into the tank, how a hogfish should behave!

post-10328-0-99044300-1308464044_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

The masudai died of a viral infection. Brought down to ML but the condition was so serious and the fish could not be saved. One of the most impressive fish i've kept, RIP.

On a brighter note, here's some new nano fishes i acquired recently:

1) Lubbockichthys multisquamatus (Thanks lemon for letting me have the fish)

2) Serranus chionaraia (This guy is small, only 1", a very rare size)

They are starting to stick together with my pseudoplesiops rosae. I call them the happy "three" friends:

post-10328-0-60458300-1312078284_thumb.j

post-10328-0-43480000-1312078294_thumb.j

post-10328-0-25078800-1312078304_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

these are exceptionally peaceful dottybacks....

not all dottybacks are aggressive.

L. multisquamatus and P. rosae are two very very rare dottybacks! i'm so happy that you obtain both. and i really really like them alot!

No aggression?

Not at all. Pseudoplesiops and Lubbockichthys are two very peaceful and timid genus of dottybacks. However species from these two genus are v hard to find in the trade.

The terrors and nightmare are from the pitichromis and pseudochromis genus! And many common species of dottybacks we see in LFS are from these two genus and as such people thought all dottybacks are aggressive but is totally not true.

There are many peaceful and some very cryptic dottybacks around but are all rare and as such not well known by general reefers.

• 1 month later...

The latezonatus clowns u seen in the video are one of the "rarest" clowns you can get here. Captive bred by Karen Brittain and imported by CF. These CB clowns has lots of stories to tell and is famous becos they are the first success full bar latz to be bred!

Sadly my two latz are not really pairing, but they r not fighting either but probably tolerating each other.

Does it mean if they are a pair they should always sleep in the same anemone and stick to each other?

How can i pair them if they r not a pair? Otherwise i'll soon have to remove one of them as they r growing bigger quite fast.

Clean up the tank a little bit. Did a water change and most important i added a blue seafan which i find it v special. Although according to an NPS expert it is quite common at CF, this is actually the first time i saw it and it immediately caught my eyes. It resembles the carribbean blue seafan (one of my favourite coral ever kept) that came in thru LCK long time ago but is a different species. Hope to keep it alive.

Clean up the tank a little bit. Did a water change and most important i added a blue seafan which i find it v special. Although according to an NPS expert it is quite common at CF, this is actually the first time i saw it and it immediately caught my eyes. It resembles the carribbean blue seafan (one of my favourite coral ever kept) that came in thru LCK long time ago but is a different species. Hope to keep it alive.

HiDigiman, am new to this hobby.

Saw your wonderful tank & thinking your past experiences & knowledge will help.

Actually bought a tank, chiller, protein skimmer, water pump & some lightings from my friend.

Have also bought an additional tank, now have top tank & sump tank.

Have already mixed the water with salt & added sand & let the system run for a week.

Would you be free to come to my office & guide me on the next phrase.

Appreciate yr help.

Edmund Hp:90215906

• SRC Member

:thumbsup: WOW !...I wan those sweet LATZs !

:eyeblur: Ya LATZs are gorgeous mate.

:rolleyes: Any more full-barred LATZs at CF currently ?

The latezonatus clowns u seen in the video are one of the "rarest" clowns you can get here. Captive bred by Karen Brittain and imported by CF. These CB clowns has lots of stories to tell and is famous becos they are the first success full bar latz to be bred!

Sadly my two latz are not really pairing, but they r not fighting either but probably tolerating each other.

Does it mean if they are a pair they should always sleep in the same anemone and stick to each other?

How can i pair them if they r not a pair? Otherwise i'll soon have to remove one of them as they r growing bigger quite fast.

:thumbsup: WOW !...I wan those sweet LATZs !

:eyeblur: Ya LATZs are gorgeous mate.

:rolleyes: Any more full-barred LATZs at CF currently ?

Of course!

There are more at CF, about 6 pieces or more left. They r stuck there for ages cos to most pple they are v expensive clarkis.

HiDigiman, am new to this hobby.

Saw your wonderful tank & thinking your past experiences & knowledge will help.

Actually bought a tank, chiller, protein skimmer, water pump & some lightings from my friend.

Have also bought an additional tank, now have top tank & sump tank.

Have already mixed the water with salt & added sand & let the system run for a week.

Would you be free to come to my office & guide me on the next phrase.

Appreciate yr help.

Edmund Hp:90215906

• SRC Member

:friends: These rare perfectly-barred captive bred LATZ Clownies are definitely 'Must-Buy' items cos' these are likely from Karen Brittain last commercially available batch for 2011. Who knows they may never be available again juz like the last LCK's ORA shipment of misbarred LATZs 2-years ago. ;)

Of course!

There are more at CF, about 6 pieces or more left. They r stuck there for ages cos to most pple they are v expensive clarkis.

:friends: These rare perfectly-barred captive bred LATZ Clownies are definitely 'Must-Buy' items cos' these are likely from Karen Brittain last commercially available batch for 2011. Who knows they may never be available again juz like the last LCK's ORA shipment of misbarred LATZs 2-years ago. ;)

CF full bar latz are bred by Karen brittain and her latz are still the only "successful" CB latz available in the market.

Adult latz are gorgeous but the WC latz from australia are too expensive and almost impossible to keep alive due to the low temp requirement and shipping stress. So keeping latz in my warm tank (26.5 degree) will always remain a dream for me unless there are hardy CB ones that can adapt to higher temp. And 2 years ago when CB latz hit LCK i was all excited and thought my dream finally came true but only to end up in disappointment when i reach LCK to realise that they are ALL MISBAR!! It defeat the purpose as latz are unique becos of their wide-bars and the misbar in the central bar is therefore an undesirable deformity!

However all is not lost. With constant effort karen brittain managed to breed full bar CB latz and having enough brood stock and supply for the whole world to realise the long time dream of many reefers like myself.

The first fish was 400 but it died. These pair is close to 300 per piece. Yes it's v expensive if u ask me compared to wat the americans are paying, but CF is the only place here that brought in the latz and like kueytoc said u never know when these rare CB clowns may stop supplying, hence i feel the price is justified.

However i believe i'm the only local reefer who bought the latz until now becos the rests according to aunty are exported.

• 4 weeks later...