Chronicles of Soul's 3x2x2.5

Soul

• 2 weeks later...

Closeup pics of bacteria pods multiplying n munching away at the NP pellets yum yum ...

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought these are just normal pods which appears when your tank has high nutrient levels?

I see ALOT of them when I was first starting up my tank.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

I can't tell whether these are the same pods or not as theres no pics nor comprehensive info i can find on the net but my nitrate level is a constant zero ever since using the pellets plus i only see these pods inside the NP pellet FR and not in my sorb4 FR. U can say that i just presumed they r what they r

I can't tell whether these are the same pods or not as theres no pics nor comprehensive info i can find on the net but my nitrate level is a constant zero ever since using the pellets plus i only see these pods inside the NP pellet FR and not in my sorb4 FR. U can say that i just presumed they r what they r

then that's way too cool bro! heh (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Aiyoh, pass a few sample for our well known Fishiologist Prof Lemom will reveal the outcome liao, he recently got a new microscopic toy...lol :upsidedown:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• Senior Reefer

Aiyoh, pass a few sample for our well known Fishiologist Prof Lemom will reveal the outcome liao, he recently got a new microscopic toy...lol :upsidedown:

heh.

to bro soul,

these are regular copepods that happen to live in your reactor because it provide a safe area where they are not eaten or destroyed.

they do not eat the biopellets, neither are they bacteria.

bacteria are super tiny about 1µm depending on species. some smaller some bigger. they cannot be seen with naked eye. only way to see them is to stain them using special dyes and viewed under a microscope.

• SRC Member

(lol @ myself for being silly) Thank u bro Lemon for the explaination, kindof weird having pods in the NP FR but anyway after your enlightenment on what they r i directed the outlet to my return pump instead of skimmer inlet. Thanks n cheers~

• SRC Member

Soul, I love the pic of the zoos!!! :)

:welldone:

Thanks for the compliments i am actually contemplating whether to relocate them to the bottom as they r growing dangerously near the pink BN plus taking up precious space for sps ... bro Ced what u think?