dive equipment sale

kelstorm

• SRC Member

for those ppl who might be interested to get their personal dive gear, can check out this sale.

Location of place:

3C River Valley Road #02-16

Singapore 179022

Te: +65 63346021 Fax: +65 63346023

:off: Just a note, i'm merely passing the message ard. Me dun earn commission from this. :ph34r:

post-12-1069207976.gif

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

I am using a Scubapro S-tek BC. Back flotation. Air2 system (cuts down on one hose).

Reg set... still saving $$$ for it... yeah yeah.... I have EVERYTHIHG except my reg set, I usually borrow from a good friend who has a good spare reg set!

• SRC Member
AT,

Do you have your own BC & regulator?

I'm thinking of getting one.

Is those BC on the photo above OK?

yazid,

If i were u, i'll go for either avid or magnum... coz Luna is for women only... :D

if u are one who go diving looking like xmas tree, i.e, lots of "decorations" on your BC, Avid is the one for u.. if not, Magnum will suffice.. Me bought the model Silhouette from LA when it was having sale...

Both BC are good but at the end of the day, it must fit u...

For regs, Maximus has a swivel that allows the hose to go under your arm, making it lesser chance of getting entangled and more stream-lined, Oasis model have this cooling system that makes your throat less dry and retain moisture...

For Octo, i would personally prefer to get the shadow plus as i can reduce 1 hose and the octo is always located near me, thus, in times of emergency, i can remove my own reg and pass it to my buddy, while knowing that the octo is with my corrugated hose. :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Oh yeah! Time to buy a new wetsuit!! :)

My glue-on rubber knee pads were flapping for the last 3 dive trips already! :)

AT,

Velocity is indeed very nice, with titantium being integrated into the material = retains warm. It is also very nice.. i like the Yellow colored ones but i cannot fit into them, thus end up getting the Bare Attack model.

Hey kelstorm, I have a question about wetsuits.

I was thinking of doing a customized wetsuit.. coz I am thin and long... and off-the-rack wetsuits are more for ang mo builds... so I always lose a lot of heat as it is not tight in some areas and I get cold easily.

Any experience or feedback with Aquaspot or Acronman for customized wetsuits?

I was thinking also of adding a thigh pocket... what do you think? How big should it be? On the upper thigh or side of the thigh for streamline purpose?

Maybe a key pouch?

Going for either Titanium-lined (i scared cold lah!), definitely 3mm.

Do you think zips for wrists and ankles are worth it? I don't want them slipping and letting in water!

What do you think about 3mm for chest and legs and 2mm for arms? Or should the legs be 2mm also. Is the loss of 1mm worth the heat loss vs comfort?

What about foot stirrups? ;) Spine pads?

What about rubberised reinforcement material on the butt, shoulders for abrasion protection?

• SRC Member

I was thinking of doing a customized wetsuit.. coz I am thin and long... and off-the-rack wetsuits are more for ang mo builds... so I always lose a lot of heat as it is not tight in some areas and I get cold easily.

yes.. i understand wat u mean by that.. i wanted to get velocity but i cannot fit inside..(arms skinny) as such, what i do is i get size S and stretch the wetsuit to fit me.. which adjusted to my body shape after 3 dives... now i have no problem slipping in... as much as i know, Bare wetsuits are more towards Asian cutting but it also depends on the model. anyway, u can go and try out the wetsuits over at Blue Reef Scuba. perhaps u can try out the Bare attack model which suits asian better

i recalled one of my friend customised his wetsuit coz he is very small size and skinny and the only type of wetsuits that fits him would be ladies cutting.. as such, he was forced to customised his wetsuit and they are over $230 i think.. not worth it leh.. my advice is that, unless u really cannot fit or squeeze into one, go and customised them.. can have your own logo as well.. :D as well as where u want the zips to be..front, back, nexk to crotch etc.. Just rem this, wetsuits will expand.. and if u get one that fits just nice during 'dry-fitting', underwater, when it expands, u will still lose lots of heat. As such, i got myself 1 size smaller and let the wetsuit stretch to fit my body :P

I was thinking also of adding a thigh pocket... what do you think? How big should it be? On the upper thigh or side of the thigh for streamline purpose?

Maybe a key pouch?

initially, i was thinking of doing the same.. i.e, modifying my existing wetsuit but then, again, do i really need it? i was thinking of putting my magnifying glass on the thigh but i think again.. i never utilised my BC pouch.. thus, unless it is necessary, i dun think that is a wise choice, streamline might also be affected. Besides, constant removing items from that pocket, such as keys might wear off that area faster or running the risk of that area being scratched by the keys.

3mm is sufficient for local region waters (up to malaysia, thailand and perhaps manado) unless the waters temperature drops to like 27.. otherwise, at 28, 3mm is suffice for me.. in fact, at times, i dun even zip up all the way.. and thinking of going down with just rash guard and berms :P

Do you think zips for wrists and ankles are worth it? I don't want them slipping and letting in water!

yes.. for easy donning of wetsuits that is all abt it.. but have to remember to take care of them as they will wear and tear, rendering them ineffective, letting in water. Personally, i would not get one for myself... u dun have to don the wetsuit very fast mah.. the group will wait for one another before jumping into water.. but that does not mean that i gear up very slowly.. :P

What do you think about 3mm for chest and legs and 2mm for arms? Or should the legs be 2mm also. Is the loss of 1mm worth the heat loss vs comfort?

the former is fine...actually, heat loss results mostly from the neck and hands.. thus, if u have both of them covered, u are safe.. to me, i got 3mm chest, 2mm arms..but my hands feel cold and with gloves, problem solved. anyway, usually, it is 3by2mm, legs are 3mm...the 1mm diff makes no diff to me.. unlike 5x3mm.. that makes hell lot of diff..and HOT and hell!!! ;)

What about foot stirrups? ;)

no need that lah.. u afraid that the wetsuit will ride up your legs?? tug your booties under the wetsuit and voila, problem solved. (i'm assuming that your booties are high cut)

What about rubberised reinforcement material on the butt, shoulders for abrasion protection?

actually, no need leh.. but u might want to consider rubberised reinforcement for the knees.. coz underwater, u dun sit on corals mah.. and also, u probably use your hands to push yourself off the walls to avoid crashing into them.. thus, u can skip the butt and shoulders area.. if not, your wetsuit is gonna look like rugby body protection gear. :lol: of course, unless u telling me that the shoulders protection is against the BC, that, u can pad up your BC shoulder straps using padded foam for more comfort.

• SRC Member
Check this out! :lol: Cool man!

cu-skeleton-front.gifcu-skeleton-rear.gif

that is cute man.. cant imagine anybody wearing that when diving.. i probably choke on my own laughter... :lol::lol:

yes.. i understand wat u mean by that.. i wanted to get velocity but i cannot fit inside..(arms skinny) as such, what i do is i get size S and stretch the wetsuit to fit me.. which adjusted to my body shape after 3 dives... now i have no problem slipping in... as much as i know, Bare wetsuits are more towards Asian cutting but it also depends on the model. anyway, u can go and try out the wetsuits over at Blue Reef Scuba. perhaps u can try out the Bare attack model which suits asian better

I find that my old BARE wetsuit (left behind in Sipadan! ;) ) is too short... my ankles and wrists are not fully covered... so I think off the rack for most other brands should have same problem? I seriously don't want to go around all the diveshops and spent hours trying on diferent wetsuits! Quite tiring! Where is this Blue Reef Scuba?

i recalled one of my friend customised his wetsuit coz he is very small size and skinny and the only type of wetsuits that fits him would be ladies cutting.. as such, he was forced to customised his wetsuit and they are over $230 i think.. not worth it leh.. my advice is that, unless u really cannot fit or squeeze into one, go and customised them.. can have your own logo as well.. as well as where u want the zips to be..front, back, nexk to crotch etc.. Just rem this, wetsuits will expand.. and if u get one that fits just nice during 'dry-fitting', underwater, when it expands, u will still lose lots of heat. As such, i got myself 1 size smaller and let the wetsuit stretch to fit my body

Yeah, I will get him to do it tight enough to cope for the future expansion. I think the price he quote is about $320 for 3mm full suit with titanium inserts, pockets can be around $20 to $50 extra... gulp! Well... I actually want to get a Scubapro wetsuit to go with my scubapro booties, BC and Twinjet fins.... kekeke... the wetsuit is around the price range too but for sure, it won't be good fitting! :(

Maybe a key pouch?

initially, i was thinking of doing the same.. i.e, modifying my existing wetsuit but then, again, do i really need it? i was thinking of putting my magnifying glass on the thigh but i think again.. i never utilised my BC pouch.. thus, unless it is necessary, i dun think that is a wise choice, streamline might also be affected. Besides, constant removing items from that pocket, such as keys might wear off that area faster or running the risk of that area being scratched by the keys.

Magnifying Glass?? :blink: Wow! That's a good idea... to see microstuff ah? I was thinking of the pockets to store spare mask or slate or snorkel or gloves. Seriously lacking pockets coz of my S-tek BC. So what do you think? Thigh pocket facing front or side? Don't want too much drag. Velcro type or zipper?

3mm is sufficient for local region waters (up to malaysia, thailand and perhaps manado) unless the waters temperature drops to like 27.. otherwise, at 28, 3mm is suffice for me.. in fact, at times, i dun even zip up all the way.. and thinking of going down with just rash guard and berms

Not like you... I always feel cold underwater... ;) Appreciate warmth.... was thinking of getting a head cover... what do you call that?

yes.. for easy donning of wetsuits that is all abt it.. but have to remember to take care of them as they will wear and tear, rendering them ineffective, letting in water. Personally, i would not get one for myself... u dun have to don the wetsuit very fast mah.. the group will wait for one another before jumping into water.. but that does not mean that i gear up very slowly..

Sometimes, my Dive Comp will slip down my wrist from my wetsuit,,, too short lah... and its so leh-cheh to take out my DComp when I remove the top half of my suit... always kenna jam... i think if i add a wrist zip... I can open up enough material for the DComp to stay on my wrist! :D

the former is fine...actually, heat loss results mostly from the neck and hands.. thus, if u have both of them covered, u are safe.. to me, i got 3mm chest, 2mm arms..but my hands feel cold and with gloves, problem solved. anyway, usually, it is 3by2mm, legs are 3mm...the 1mm diff makes no diff to me.. unlike 5x3mm.. that makes hell lot of diff..and HOT and hell!!!

Yeah... 3mm for body and 2mm for arms, 3mm for legs.. :)

What about foot stirrups?

no need that lah.. u afraid that the wetsuit will ride up your legs?? tug your booties under the wetsuit and voila, problem solved. (i'm assuming that your booties are high cut)

Yeah... I just thought that if I had too short a wetsuit... the stirrups would help. I have high cut scubapro booties... good stuff... worth the $$ over cheap ones.

actually, no need leh.. but u might want to consider rubberised reinforcement for the knees.. coz underwater, u dun sit on corals mah.. and also, u probably use your hands to push yourself off the walls to avoid crashing into them.. thus, u can skip the butt and shoulders area.. if not, your wetsuit is gonna look like rugby body protection gear. of course, unless u telling me that the shoulders protection is against the BC, that, u can pad up your BC shoulder straps using padded foam for more comfort.

My BC + air tank does cause abrasion damage to my old BARE suit on the shoulders. Add padded foam to BC shoulder straps?? How?

The knee protection is a must of course... I am just thinking of long term protection for my investment... I feel neoprene stretching sometimes when boat ride is rough... somemore my old suit is loose around the butt... :D

• SRC Member

I find that my old BARE wetsuit (left behind in Sipadan! ;) ) is too short... my ankles and wrists are not fully covered... so I think off the rack for most other brands should have same problem? I seriously don't want to go around all the diveshops and spent hours trying on diferent wetsuits! Quite tiring! Where is this Blue Reef Scuba?

did u left it there on purpose?? if so, ouch... :cry2: must be very painful.. however, if the old one dun go, chances are, u would probably patch them and re-patch them.. hahaha..

i dun really know how short the long wetsuit will ride up your limbs but u cannot expect them to become like long sleeves shirt, where it covers up to your wrist.. (learnt this the hard way) about 1" away from the wrist/ankles (2") are fine. U can consider getting bare attack, which i think would be the safest bet. For your height, size M/M should do but the arms might be a factor.. alternatively, u can try out velocity.. they can stretch very well.. BRS is one of the authorised agent.. can try out... no worries.. i give my instructor a call if u want to try out.. no obligation to buy.. at least, once tried, u know whether bare is for u... btw, u tried out bare before already.. which model u took? perhaps can get the same model but latest design?? BRS is located at Clarke Quay, The Cannery level 2, once u see the satay club (back facing former Van Kleef Aquarium), it is on your left.

Yeah, I will get him to do it tight enough to cope for the future expansion. I think the price he quote is about $320 for 3mm full suit with titanium inserts, pockets can be around $20 to $50 extra... gulp! Well... I actually want to get a Scubapro wetsuit to go with my scubapro booties, BC and Twinjet fins.... kekeke... the wetsuit is around the price range too but for sure, it won't be good fitting! :(

if i'm not wrong, the zippers cost abt $40 each.. :o and at $320.. i find it a bit ex.. for wetsuit, most impt is the fitting.. cannot be just nice.. must be tight but not till u cannot breathe.. :lol: as for the future expansion, the neoprene will stretch.. so no worries on this aspect.. also, tight means that u have to train up to retain that figure or blow more money getting another wetsuit.. hahaha :D

Magnifying Glass?? :blink: Wow! That's a good idea... to see microstuff ah? I was thinking of the pockets to store spare mask or slate or snorkel or gloves. Seriously lacking pockets coz of my S-tek BC. So what do you think? Thigh pocket facing front or side? Don't want too much drag. Velcro type or zipper?

spare mask, snorkel? :o wah.. that is alot of extra weight leh..right now, me thinking of doing away with my DIY slate already... dun like the feeling of being a xmas tree... :P i know S-tek is really pockets deprived.. :D but that is how a tech BC is like.. if i were u and really need extra pocket, i go for the side, velcro type..zippers will need maintenance, velcro, just lift and tap, viola.. done.. zero maintenance. try to have just a piece of neoprene attached to it and not making it look like cargo pants.. that will definitely increase drag.. alternatively, arms is yet another alternative location if your items aint too big.. i like to keep my thigh or legs free so that i can attached dive knife... but recently, i bought a BC knife.. so, my legs are free once more.. heheh

Not like you... I always feel cold underwater... ;) Appreciate warmth.... was thinking of getting a head cover... what do you call that?

u can try wearing rashguard underneath your wetsuit if u feel really cold..it should help a bit..the hood is a good idea, especially if u are going to dive in Manado, Phuket etc.. they have 2-3mm, 5mm, face & neck hood(like SOF) and those with chest flaps, to be tug under the wetsuit.

Sometimes, my Dive Comp will slip down my wrist from my wetsuit,,, too short lah... and its so leh-cheh to take out my DComp when I remove the top half of my suit... always kenna jam... i think if i add a wrist zip... I can open up enough material for the DComp to stay on my wrist! :D

but even with the zip, u still have the rest of the sleeves to worry mah..however, if u are using Suunto Stinger, then, the zipper thing might be good to do what u had suggested.. otherwise, if u have the big Dive Comp like Oceanic, Uwatec etc, it will make no diff, u still have to remove teh Dive comp to remove the top half of your suit. i envision that same problem once i get my Oceanic Dive Comp.. Suunto Stinger is out of my budget :(

Yeah... I just thought that if I had too short a wetsuit... the stirrups would help. I have high cut scubapro booties... good stuff... worth the $$ over cheap ones.

hahaha.. if not, u can try modifying your wetsuit to include the stirrups.. that should be cheaper right??

My BC + air tank does cause abrasion damage to my old BARE suit on the shoulders. Add padded foam to BC shoulder straps?? How?

The knee protection is a must of course... I am just thinking of long term protection for my investment... I feel neoprene stretching sometimes when boat ride is rough... somemore my old suit is loose around the butt... :D

loose wetsuit will let water in fast and results in loss of body heat.. perhaps that is the reason why u feel cold so often. For me, most of the times, i either hover above the object or use the DIY aluminium probe/rod to steady myself or fin pivot (good use for jet fins!!! :lol: ) to look at the object. Thus, i hardly kneel on the seabed, doing so will cause the wetsuit to become 'flurry' due to the abrasion <_< , not forgetting stirring up slit to cloud the vis.

as for adding padded foam, u can either unstitch the shoulder straps and either replace the old foam or add another layer. For the abrasion, could it be that the BC is loose and thus keep shifting ard, resulting in the abrasion, if so, the BC might be too big for u.. i cant think of other reasons how to get the abrasion.. oh yes, if u have sunburn..the weight on your shoulders cause u to adjust the BC, resulting in abrasion?? :blink:

did u left it there on purpose?? if so, ouch... :cry2: must be very painful.. however, if the old one dun go, chances are, u would probably patch them and re-patch them.. hahaha..

No purposely left there. I tried repairing using black silicon after using superglue gel unsuccessfully to glue the rubber knee pads to the neopreme. End up the whole trip I kept getting silicon stains everywhere and the knee pads still came off. If the SWV people can salvage it.... good for them. I'm was disgusted with my old wetsuit anyway!

i dun really know how short the long wetsuit will ride up your limbs but u cannot expect them to become like long sleeves shirt, where it covers up to your wrist.. (learnt this the hard way) about 1" away from the wrist/ankles (2") are fine. U can consider getting bare attack, which i think would be the safest bet. For your height, size M/M should do but the arms might be a factor.. alternatively, u can try out velocity.. they can stretch very well.. BRS is one of the authorised agent.. can try out... no worries.. i give my instructor a call if u want to try out.. no obligation to buy.. at least, once tried, u know whether bare is for u... btw, u tried out bare before already.. which model u took? perhaps can get the same model but latest design?? BRS is located at Clarke Quay, The Cannery level 2, once u see the satay club (back facing former Van Kleef Aquarium), it is on your left.

I am going now after work to check it out! What's your instructor's name?

if i'm not wrong, the zippers cost abt $40 each.. :o and at $320.. i find it a bit ex.. for wetsuit, most impt is the fitting.. cannot be just nice.. must be tight but not till u cannot breathe.. :lol: as for the future expansion, the neoprene will stretch.. so no worries on this aspect.. also, tight means that u have to train up to retain that figure or blow more money getting another wetsuit.. hahaha :D

No worries, the rate I am going, I am just worried about getting skinnier and not putting on weight! I desperately need the time and discipline to work out. Losing body mass is so sad. Now so skinny. :(

spare mask, snorkel? :o wah.. that is alot of extra weight leh..right now, me thinking of doing away with my DIY slate already... dun like the feeling of being a xmas tree... :P i know S-tek is really pockets deprived.. :D but that is how a tech BC is like.. if i were u and really need extra pocket, i go for the side, velcro type..zippers will need maintenance, velcro, just lift and tap, viola.. done.. zero maintenance. try to have just a piece of neoprene attached to it and not making it look like cargo pants.. that will definitely increase drag.. alternatively, arms is yet another alternative location if your items aint too big.. i like to keep my thigh or legs free so that i can attached dive knife... but recently, i bought a BC knife.. so, my legs are free once more.. heheh

Yeah... the S-tek BC is really sad coz no pockets. DIR style heh! But I am a camera toting guy somemore! Definitely need some space to store things... like lens cover, allen key. Just got a suggestion to sew/attach an army cleaning kit to the belt but it's so high up at the solar plexus... it will be impossible to see... everything will be by touch!

u can try wearing rashguard underneath your wetsuit if u feel really cold..it should help a bit..the hood is a good idea, especially if u are going to dive in Manado, Phuket etc.. they have 2-3mm, 5mm, face & neck hood(like SOF) and those with chest flaps, to be tug under the wetsuit.

Don't want to look like a ninja underwater.. hehehe... the hood is for heat loss prevention (most the body heat loss is via the head). Don't mind wearing a cap underwater though... some divers do that.

but even with the zip, u still have the rest of the sleeves to worry mah..however, if u are using Suunto Stinger, then, the zipper thing might be good to do what u had suggested.. otherwise, if u have the big Dive Comp like Oceanic, Uwatec etc, it will make no diff, u still have to remove teh Dive comp to remove the top half of your suit. i envision that same problem once i get my Oceanic Dive Comp.. Suunto Stinger is out of my budget :(

I am using a Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra. If I could slip the Dcomp down my wrist and use the zipper to open up the wrist... I could take off my wetsuit without removing the watch... yeah? :whistle

hahaha.. if not, u can try modifying your wetsuit to include the stirrups.. that should be cheaper right??

No immediate need for stirrups really.

loose wetsuit will let water in fast and results in loss of body heat.. perhaps that is the reason why u feel cold so often. For me, most of the times, i either hover above the object or use the DIY aluminium probe/rod to steady myself or fin pivot (good use for jet fins!!! :lol: ) to look at the object. Thus, i hardly kneel on the seabed, doing so will cause the wetsuit to become 'flurry' due to the abrasion <_< , not forgetting stirring up slit to cloud the vis.

Hmmm... DIY aluminium probe rod... hmmm... tell me how to make one! With bc clip! Err.. carry camera how to use rod?

as for adding padded foam, u can either unstitch the shoulder straps and either replace the old foam or add another layer. For the abrasion, could it be that the BC is loose and thus keep shifting ard, resulting in the abrasion, if so, the BC might be too big for u.. i cant think of other reasons how to get the abrasion.. oh yes, if u have sunburn..the weight on your shoulders cause u to adjust the BC, resulting in abrasion?? :blink:

Yeah... sometimes... sunburn. S-Tek BC fits me like a glove... a little too tight sometimes if you ask me.... the waist belt comes right up to my solar plexus... does yours? I like it though. Very neat. Don't have the x'mas tree feeling! Or wearing a bullet-proof vest feeling! :D

• SRC Member

AT

Go and make a wetsuit, for ur size there is no point buying off the shelves if it cant fit u. Have u ever wonder y u might feel cold????

May b the wetsuit is too loose for u so the water that is supposed to insulate u have been flowing out..

Dont make the pouch no point to make it there

Buy 1 from army market and there is 1 shop that sew it onto the wetsuit over there. the sewing cost only 10 buckeroos.

• SRC Member

I am going now after work to check it out! What's your instructor's name?

have u visited BRS yet?? My instructor is called Anto or u can looked for Ashar. if u want to go down, sms me and i give them a call to inform them the time u are going down in advance coz sometimes they close the shop to go for dinner

No worries, the rate I am going, I am just worried about getting skinnier and not putting on weight! I desperately need the time and discipline to work out. Losing body mass is so sad. Now so skinny. :(

discipline to work out or put on mass? if it is the latter, simple, eat lots of chicken rice, dun exercise, take junk food.. sure put on weight one.. :lol:

Yeah... the S-tek BC is really sad coz no pockets. DIR style heh! But I am a camera toting guy somemore! Definitely need some space to store things... like lens cover, allen key. Just got a suggestion to sew/attach an army cleaning kit to the belt but it's so high up at the solar plexus... it will be impossible to see... everything will be by touch!

what u can do is get the scuba pro mesh cover weight belt.. problem solved. As for attaching pouch, i did that for my BC.. got a pouch for my magnifying glass and strap it to my cummberband.. the most impt thing is after u do that, u must know where to locate your gear's location by feel... cos sometimes vis can affect u from locating the SMB or other equipment.

Don't want to look like a ninja underwater.. hehehe... the hood is for heat loss prevention (most the body heat loss is via the head). Don't mind wearing a cap underwater though... some divers do that.

a slight correction to that, divers wear cap or bandana is probably to prevent the hair from floating ard. Heat loss comes mostly from neck and ears... u can wear ear muffs and scarf in place of the hood.. anyway, the hood will expose your face for the mask and mouth for the reg.

I am using a Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra. If I could slip the Dcomp down my wrist and use the zipper to open up the wrist... I could take off my wetsuit without removing the watch... yeah? :whistle

what i'm afraid of is that the sleeve where u don the Dcomp will soon be stretched as they had to be pulled over the Dcomp..

Hmmm... DIY aluminium probe rod... hmmm... tell me how to make one! With bc clip! Err.. carry camera how to use rod?

i usually strap the DIY aluminium rod to my dive knife on my calf, and then upon decent, take it and loop it onto my wrist and dangle it there until i need it...right now, i dun have a camera, so, once i get a cam, i figure out how to bring all the gear down again :P

Yeah... sometimes... sunburn. S-Tek BC fits me like a glove... a little too tight sometimes if you ask me.... the waist belt comes right up to my solar plexus... does yours? I like it though. Very neat. Don't have the x'mas tree feeling! Or wearing a bullet-proof vest feeling! :D

sunburn can cause abrasion, i get that sometimes.. act garang, dun want to put sunblock lotion :erm: .. and once u get sunburnt, the dive becomes uncomfortable :( .. never learn my lessons.. :P , my cummberband rides up to my stomach level proabably 1" below my solar plexus

Yo Kelstorm, talked to Anto yesterday. Nice chap.

Tried the BARE Velocity... like the adjustable collar but unfortunately, too big around the chest and waist, I will be sloshing water... sigh!

Looks like I have to customise. Damn... another expensive hobby.... diving! :cry:

• SRC Member

Tried the BARE Velocity... like the adjustable collar but unfortunately, too big around the chest and waist, I will be sloshing water... sigh!

Looks like I have to customise. Damn... another expensive hobby.... diving! :cry:

what size did u tried on yesterday?

• SRC Member

:lol::lol:

you might want to curse again once u get to the underwater photography part again :P

• SRC Member
you might want to curse again once u get to the underwater photography part again :P

hahaha.. that is true...sigh... :(

AT;

Sigh, you still have not made up your mind after the long conversation that we had?

In the diving industry, we label your body as a "in-between" of two sizes.

There are many options you have, I will just name a few for you

1) Customise your own suit in Singapore

2) Get two piece wetsuit

3) When you are over in Phuket, go tailor your suit there. Nicer designs.

BARE designs are good but the build is meant for people with larger chest frame.

Scubapro suits are good if you have a straight frame. But you are abit too skinny for their designs.

Surf brands such as QuikSilver, BIllabong, Rip Curl probably will have your size but it usually does not last.

AT,

Do you have your own BC & regulator?

I'm thinking of getting one.

Is those BC on the photo above OK?

Yazid;

Got to know that you are getting a BCD.

This is how you should choose a BCD.

1) How Often?

Ask yourself how often are you going to dive. Take the price u are willing to pay and divide by the number of dives u are gonna to dive with it. This will help u decide on the next factor, PRICE.

2) Set aside a budget.

If you DO NOT, you might end up paying alot for it. A decent jacket BCD cost between $300 - $500. These are usually what we call training BCDs, build to last! Basic but functional.

For $500 - $1000 range.

You can get a better jacket BCD or even back-flotation.

For $1000 and above,

You have all choices :)

3) Jacket / Back Flotation

A back flotation provides better buoyancy control underwater, but it requires a slight getting used to.

Try to explore with dive shops if they can give u a package price that consist of a BCD and a full regulator set.