No more eden jams

ai[k²]wan

• SRC Member

ok, i've thought so many people with edens talking about it getting jammed becoz of coralline algae. the best way to solve this is to have the powerhead above the water. i've pretty sure dat it can work out of water as well. thus i came out with this idea.

its self explanatory. could someone with the eden try it and if it works come and thank me haha.

P.S AT dont kill me for the pic size. the lines get rubbed off when i resize it.

Source of Eden Powerhead Picture : http://zoomed.com/html/images/sweeplg.gif

post-17-1069292524.jpg

• SRC Member

But most powerhead got the cracking sound at start up. very irritating and also constantly switching it on and off will definitely short its life. As for the tunze, think it's glorified and overrated for the price. No matter how even the power of the powerhead or what matter it employs to expel the water, it is still directed in only one direction. And to put a few in probably cause a whirlpool in you tank (considering the smallest is 6000lt/hr). would rather go for a maxijet.

Has anyone tried the rio power head with the moving output?? (look like a sprinkler) interesting ideal. saw it at one of the LFS but a bit ugly but looks like it work. wonder if the sprinkle will jam up??