Wil small, budget tank

wil_lee76

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

:rolleyes:

mmm...removed the bloody troublesome skimmer!!! only effective when the water level is consistent. Skimmer is advisable to place easy reach place rather than inside the compartments! Comes to maintenance really make me headache! <_<

Now, going to go without skimmer...and adopt water change methods!

Any bros care to share what other brands of nano skimmer that can be used!?

post-3730-1207069614.jpg

• SRC Member

Dun like the scaping infact...looks funny...maybe will change the scaping once Im FREE...but thats going to be next month!

Full tankshot

post-3730-1207070178.jpg

• SRC Member

:rolleyes:

thats all now..going to take a shower and rest......

bros, give me your comments and suggestions..... appreciate thatz! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
i using tunze DOC nano skimmer. i placing it into the center of my 12 gal tank and used tonga rock to do the scaping.

mmmm...tunze nano skimmer? how does it looks like bro? & where to purchased?

• SRC Member

Its a good skimmer, but u must have a constant water level for it to work well.

here

Can get at aquamarin or reef depot or petmart.

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member
Its a good skimmer, but u must have a constant water level for it to work well.

here

Can get at aquamarin or reef depot or petmart.

u r the best pal! thanks for the feedback! :whistle

• SRC Member
So everyday u have to monitor the level?

i think if the water level is constant at a certain height...u need not to monitor....unless the placement water level keep on going down and up..u buy chiller for what?

• SRC Member
Of course for fish lah.....then? Mi going for expensive aro.

wow...nowadays...aro good life...can have air con.... hahahahha! :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
How abt try this? Redsea Prizm hang on skimmer .

The skimmer comes with a surface skimmer attachment(good for those who don't have a sump) and a filter media basket within the skimmer itself. There's also a bag of activated carbon that comes along with the package. Its good for chemical filtration but i feel that the small size of the basket doesn't make it so suitable for biological filtration unless the tank is very small.

The skimmer profile is very slim and compact. It is good when space is limited. Despite its small and compact size, its skimming capacity is enough for an aquarium up to 400litres. I've attached pics below for your viewing.

Setting up of the skimmer is quite straightforward affair with the instruction manual explaining the necessary steps in detail.

From what was mentioned, it could take 2days for the skimmer to break in. However, just leaving it to run for less than 24hrs, it is already starting to skim organics from the tank but would need more time to fully break in. I would try to get a pic of the skimmate at a later stage.

However, the skimmer produces quite a bit of noise(sounds like a mix of sound from air injection and the pump). This is not an issue for me as i put my tank in the living room. The noise is noticeable from quite a distance especially in a quiet environment. A problem i encountered while setting up is the introduction of micro bubbles to the tank. I left the valve fully open(according to the manual), which caused micro bubbles to enter the tank the moment air was drawn into the skimmer. I believe opening only half of the valve should reduce/prevent this problem. The micro bubble problem can be managed by slowly tuning the skimmer accordingly. Of course, besides all this, the product comes with a hefty price tag.

• SRC Member
The skimmer comes with a surface skimmer attachment(good for those who don't have a sump) and a filter media basket within the skimmer itself. There's also a bag of activated carbon that comes along with the package. Its good for chemical filtration but i feel that the small size of the basket doesn't make it so suitable for biological filtration unless the tank is very small.

The skimmer profile is very slim and compact. It is good when space is limited. Despite its small and compact size, its skimming capacity is enough for an aquarium up to 400litres. I've attached pics below for your viewing.

Setting up of the skimmer is quite straightforward affair with the instruction manual explaining the necessary steps in detail.

From what was mentioned, it could take 2days for the skimmer to break in. However, just leaving it to run for less than 24hrs, it is already starting to skim organics from the tank but would need more time to fully break in. I would try to get a pic of the skimmate at a later stage.

However, the skimmer produces quite a bit of noise(sounds like a mix of sound from air injection and the pump). This is not an issue for me as i put my tank in the living room. The noise is noticeable from quite a distance especially in a quiet environment. A problem i encountered while setting up is the introduction of micro bubbles to the tank. I left the valve fully open(according to the manual), which caused micro bubbles to enter the tank the moment air was drawn into the skimmer. I believe opening only half of the valve should reduce/prevent this problem. The micro bubble problem can be managed by slowly tuning the skimmer accordingly. Of course, besides all this, the product comes with a hefty price tag.

untitled2.bmp

• SRC Member

Thank you for the input...valerossis... & thats a GREAT article for refernces! :D

Personally...i dun wanna my tank to cover by big items like this skimmer...thinking of getting one like Tunze to fit into my back compartments which i think bro reefer cosmo is doing it...But afriad that the dimension cant fit in...and the price....manz....the smaller the items...more $$$$...OMG...preparing to slave from todays onwards...

Anyone selling???? :D