Which place in Singapore to put fish back to sea?

panlee

Thank goodness we live in the tropical seas... and most of the marine fish species that are found in our LFS can be found here.

Unless you are releasing an Achilles Tang! :)

What kind of tang, may I ask? They are usually found in areas where the water is clean.

Singapore's water isn't exactly tops.

take a little more effort n $, release it at Sisters Island,

water there is clean n good reef structure.

once its back to the open sea, everything is natural again, fishes can strive even better.

few years back, I've released a 8" big 6-banded Angel and some clown fishes at Pulau Hantu. it was quite a sight when they swam towards the reef.

• SRC Member
I tot it is not safe to release fishes which have been in our tanks back to the ocean? cos we dunt really know what it will do to the balance of the aquasystem... its like releasing the Lao Hans at the rivers and streams... bad idea.. My honest opinion anyway..

The sea is much much bigger than our pond and lakes. Reef fishes are OK and is part of the reef environment unless you release great white at Pulau Hantu.

• SRC Member

usually its not right to do that.. maybe the fish got disease and then it spread.. heard it frm a nature SIAO la.. she like those tat protect coral and the environment.. i was being "Soot" tat time when my club meet up with them.. bad experience

wait wait. is it even legal for us to release fishes back into the seas?

read somewhere thats its illegal, in the wake of releasing terrapins and luo hans into the local ecosystem. bleah

by the way yazid, our drainage systems lead to the sea at the end of the day. I can't imagine the poor luo han going to the sea. :P