Nakazoru 180G in the making...

nakazoru

• SRC Member

:whistle Moved house already and receive my new tank on Monday. Out goes the 30G which now is cycling some LR and water.

Here is some pix, Carpenter working on the Cabinet. See the laser beam, so professional

post-2605-1207895410.jpg

post-2605-1207895477.jpg

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Here is the final tank without electricity. Yet to hook the electrical up, will do on Sunday.

post-2605-1207895778.jpg

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Nice :D

I like your sofa facing the tank, can sit there and space out while watching the shimmering lights :D

What's your equipment like?

Sofa is only temporary shifted. Equipment is in progress... No electric, no equipment.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Sofa is only temporary shifted. Equipment is in progress... No electric, no equipment.

Wat setup are you doing? FOWLR or Reef??

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member
Whats the dimensions of the tank?

Ops; forgotten that, it is 5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft. It exclude the external overflow which is 1/2ft. The Cabinet is 6ft...

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Wat setup are you doing? FOWLR or Reef??

I gona try to make it a SPS if possible, otherwise stick to LPS.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Thank all for the compliment even I not yet add water. Also for bros who pm me for the tank maker, I will not return the PM, but the tank is made by Han Teck Lim. Search Arofanatic will list his number and comment. Price wise, it is always a apple to apple issue. My damage of tank and cabinet is near 4K.

I also will not be updating as much as I need to clear the house before tank as whole place is surviving the aftermaths of move in, so be patient..

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Found a little time to clean the main tank, took a pix with my son... I clean with a self made detergent, Sodium Carbonate... Reef safe.

Also did a little circuit breaker work.

post-2605-1208192291.jpg

post-2605-1208192312.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Found a little time to clean the main tank, took a pix with my son... I clean with a self made detergent, Sodium Carbonate... Reef safe.

Also did a little circuit breaker work.

Wow first LS for the tank. must be expensive :upsidedown::eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Wow first LS for the tank. must be expensive :upsidedown::eyebrow:

Haha, it was home breed by my mom some thirty years ago, definitely more ex than those caught in the wild. Sure no parasite, but not for sale. :whistle

Wow nice fins...legs I mean :lol::D:lol:

Hello Simon, how is life? Better be careful, eyeing my legs... Later your wife get jealous.

Bro newmarine;

You are most welcome.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member
Interested in your circuit breaker work! Can you post a little more details of the setup? How did you connect it all up?

Cheers

The MCB acts as a power distribution to me, namely 1 to Return, 1 to Skimmer, 1 to Chiller, 1 to lights, 1 to wavemaker. That is all. It provide overload protection of 6A to each equipment. Actually I really should use a 3A MCB rather than 6A. Chiller 6A will be just right.

These MCB are source from the isolated MCB/ELCB of the bomb shelter, so any tank equipment trip will not affect the house but the bomb shelter.

Here is the overflow.... Nicely cut fins... CNC milled...

post-2605-1208488759.jpg

post-2605-1208488774.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Tank and cabinet looking real good. A good value based on the price you have paid. i presume there are no equipments other than the main tank, sump and cabinet with the price tag?

Can't wait to see the updates on your sump and equipments.. :look:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Hi Simon, finally ur tank thread is up and Well as Bro Earth says, its indeed a well spent and designed tank. The tank sleek design looks real cool. Even ur son is beaming with laughter and Boy he sure have grown up alot... Need my humble help in scaping, do give me a ring ya... I know how tought and aching to scape a 4 footer let alone ur GIANT :pinch: More pics .... :eyebrow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Tank and cabinet looking real good. A good value based on the price you have paid. i presume there are no equipments other than the main tank, sump and cabinet with the price tag?

Can't wait to see the updates on your sump and equipments.. :look:

Yes, tank and cabinet. Will load sump tank tonite, but a simple one.

Hi Simon, finally ur tank thread is up and Well as Bro Earth says, its indeed a well spent and designed tank. The tank sleek design looks real cool. Even ur son is beaming with laughter and Boy he sure have grown up alot... Need my humble help in scaping, do give me a ring ya... I know how tought and aching to scape a 4 footer let alone ur GIANT :pinch: More pics .... :eyebrow:

Yo Bro...

Why dun I let you manage my tank??? Hahaha, I yet to do cycle water, will let you know if my back breaking.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Did a "Golden Gate Bridge" yesterday, structural pillar for my LRs/Scaping.

Front View/Top view:

post-2605-1209019112.jpg

post-2605-1209019128.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

With egg crate...

post-2605-1209019267.jpg

post-2605-1209019287.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

"Golden Gate Bridge" collapse into the Frisco ocean bed... :pirate:

post-2605-1209019370.jpg

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.