Algae on sand bed

how much does the gravel cleaner

cost?

It depends on the quality and size. I have seen models from $3 to $20

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

• SRC Member

an FR is a fluidized reactor, there are a couple of cheap ones on sale now at the selling theread, you need to put in ROWA or PhosZorb or similar media to remove phosphate, you can try adding a small pump to blow over that area of the sand so the cyano will not form anymore, its all about flow haha

• SRC Member
an FR is a fluidized reactor, there are a couple of cheap ones on sale now at the selling theread, you need to put in ROWA or PhosZorb or similar media to remove phosphate, you can try adding a small pump to blow over that area of the sand so the cyano will not form anymore, its all about flow haha

i just added nassa snails as advised ...hmmm dont see any aggressive reduction of red slime hehe..got only 7 left from ah beng shop

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

an FR with rowaPhos or a refugium with chaeto will help with phosphate reduction to ultimately reduce unwanted algae, try adding mexican red hermit if you can find, normally come in with caribean shipment, the hermits will help eat the cyano too..

• SRC Member
an FR with rowaPhos or a refugium with chaeto will help with phosphate reduction to ultimately reduce unwanted algae, try adding mexican red hermit if you can find, normally come in with caribean shipment, the hermits will help eat the cyano too..

sorry, no offence.

hermit crabs take CYANO? any infos on these?

thanks

regs,

Wil

• SRC Member
I use to have these during my old tank.. ok..what i do...

1st - remove the red slime...be careful...off all wave maker...it will spread like no body business..if some flew to others areas....

2nd - check your water parameters...mostly likely UR PO4 is high like no shit! Mine is hitting above 10 * if im not wrong!

3rd - control thru using FR with rowas.... it will reduce it.

4th - Decrease ur feedings and lightings. high excess feedings will contribute to NO3 & PO4.

5th - change of water...uses distill water OR even RO/DI water....u can do it on weekly basis or even on alt days...with small percentage of water change.

6th - Monitor...remove any red alage if seen one...it will grow ...fast.....but rem DO not flew it to others areas....

Lastly, enjoy these hobby...start the correct way and less problems will occurs...but this hobby is so challenging!! :D

Hope these helps!!!

Nice advise dude !

I reduce frozen food and decrease no. of light used. :)

• SRC Member
Nice advise dude !

I reduce frozen food and decrease no. of light used. :)

No worries bro. Just to help. Personal experiences only.

But you got to be patience, take things easy.

:thanks:

p/s : off all the pumps when removing cynao from sandbed.... dun let them flew to other areas. the key issues is to check your PO4 and NO3. removing is not an entire solutions! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Cheater's solution: Diamond spotted goby :)

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member
where can i get this hermit? hard to get locally??

advise any shop that sell this?

thanks!

I think you can get it from our advertisers. They do ship them periodically. Just ask around the Weekly Updates thread and hopefully people who have been to these places recently will respond to your queries.

My 2 cents on the best way to rid this aglae is to get a good workable skimmer,

it'll reduce the protein in take when u excessively feed so in turn changing the whole cycle to keep the tank cleaner and don't have to worry abt having this problem ever again.

when i used to have my 2 feet, the my Prism did a good job of reducing these.