CAT SHARK ALERT

i'm selling my cat shark at $18.. anyone interested do pm me.. easy to keep..

pic of shark and habitat control...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=290

It listed there "expert only!". Is it that hardy???

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member
you have got to be kidding me. research before you buy an animal, for the love of god.

for ur love of god.. for ur info i kept it for 6mths....!! and i bought it from an egg!! wad makes u think u know it wen i feed and cared it for the whole 8mths in total!! in egg and hatched!! damn..!! plx if ure nt interested pls do mind ur own love for ur God.~ :rolleyes:

lol bro dont so work up. Some time we bought some LS and after some time we may change cause maybe due to no time or hard to keep. Human is like this who do reseach then go buy? maybe some bro here la but I am those buy liao then do reseach :D but now learn my lesson start to read more first :D by the way UPZZ for ur sale nice fish but too bad I only 3ft tank if not i can keep hehe. Ask something this kind of shark no need chiller right?

• SRC Member

Hi All

Here's the link from Marine Centre http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/sharks/bamboocatshark/ about this cutety.

It is listed as hardly from Marine Centre. When it is young, it does not need huge tank. When this turn into adult, then 180 gallons (not 500 gallons) is the min. recommended. Of cos if you have a 500 Gallons tank, then it would be most ideal.

Having said that, its owner responsibility to provide enough room for it to grow.

Its real great to have Datenshi bro raised this fish from an egg. Way to go...

Upz for your sales.

for ur love of god.. for ur info i kept it for 6mths....!! and i bought it from an egg!! wad makes u think u know it wen i feed and cared it for the whole 8mths in total!! in egg and hatched!! damn..!! plx if ure nt interested pls do mind ur own love for ur God.~ :rolleyes:

sorry, but 8 months and the bamboo is only half a foot long? that's newly hatched pup size. at eight months it should be at least 18 inches. tank sizes for sharks is grossly underquoted, maybe you've read "aquarium sharks and rays" by one scott W michael? take his tank sizes and multiply by 200%, and that's just for benthic species. you guys think it okay to keep a 4' long shark that DOES swim around, be it occasionally, in a tank that is half it's length? i'm sorry, but elasmobranchs being my main focus in the hobby, i can't sit idly by and see you mistreat this animal. it's unconscientious or miseducated hobbyists not unlike you that make it difficult for others to responsibly keep sharks.

Human is like this who do reseach then go buy?

Ask something this kind of shark no need chiller right?

who? conscientious hobbyists, that's who.

the brownbanded bamboo shark is a tropical species.

i'm honestly sorry if i was too harsh before, but as i stated, sharks are a touchy subject with me, because i see all to many people trying to keep a "banded cat" in a 55gal or a blacktip in a 180gal.

to anyone interested in elasmobranchs, i recommend visiting www.monsterfishkeepers.com, they have the best shark and ray forum, after www.sharkraycentral.com

i am also a regular poster on monsterfishkeepers, the saltwater section could do with some of you guy's input.

many of these guys are professional dealers and public aquarists, and are the ones who you should take advice from, not random sites.

i just hope the animal can lead a healthy and comfortable captive life.

• SRC Member

hey.. thnkx for all ur comments... actualli.. i've made research way b4 i bought it... i plan to rear it 3 mnths b4 owning one.. for tt i dun think i'm ill treating the animal.. i know it grows fast.. but also... fishes will nt grow fast wen they know the area they are in is not very big... i keep my shark in a 3 by 2 ft by 2 long tank.. thus, its so much space for it to swim.. if u can see it, its smiling while swiming.. i know.. cox i can even hand feed it... yes its hardy and at first i kept it wif out chiller... now i jx bought the chiller its like freezing.. haha.. kidding... jx tt it swims much happily.. i jx wanna sell it off becox i wanna try sth new.. i wanna breed clownfishes.... recomment by fren... so do understand tt i am selling it off nt because i am ill treating it or insufficient space to swim.. i do love sharks and eels.. but i jx wanna try sth new.. cheers...

hey, glad to hear you have the best intentions for the animal, but i have to contradict your information, sorry. you probably researched in the wrong places, which is sadly, too easy a mistake to make when the animals in question are elasmobranchs. 3 by 2 by 2 isnt much swimming space, and when you say "fishes will nt grow fast wen they know the area they are in is not very big"... you mean "fish only grow to the size of the tank their in" ??? dont believe this. fish grow to a certain size because of genes, not because they know they should.

"i plan to rear it 3 mnths b4 owning one." i dont understand this statement, could you explain please?

• SRC Member

Relax... chill! Give the guy a break. ^_^ Looking forward, the shark is getting a new home, no? The best you can do right now is to provide accurate and reliable information on its care for its next owner, which you probably have already done so. So you don't have to hard press him for any answers, of which he is also not obliged to reply. -_-

Upz for the sale!