That dammed damsel!!!

ozy

• SRC Member

I had to tear down my tank to catch the dammed yellow tail damsel because I found it bullying my blue tang :angry::angry:

Now my tank is cloudy and all the corals are disturbed and closed up.

Will have to wait for a few days again for them to open up. :(

Let this serve as a lesson to all those who want to buy damsels.

• SRC Member
I had to tear down my tank to catch the dammed yellow tail damsel because I found it bullying my blue tang :angry::angry:

Now my tank is cloudy and all the corals are disturbed and closed up.

Will have to wait for a few days again for them to open up. :(

Let this serve as a lesson to all those who want to buy damsels.

Another lesson to add...

One day, I saw this nice red fish at a LFS near my place. I asked the uncle if it is suitable for my tank and was told "no problem...peaceful" fish.

So I bought the fish put it into my tank and in less than 5 mins I saw half of my fire shrimp protuding from its mouth.

Then that fish tried to attack my agogo and angel fish.

No choice have to catch it but could not because of the LR and corals. I have to remove all my LR and coral at 11 pm. By the time I catch the bugger and put back all my stuff it was 2 am.

The name of the bugger is snapper. Keep off it too.

• SRC Member

Thats strange some pple still keep domino damsels with tangs etc and no problem ..why is this so?

I wonder if Introduction of a Spotted Grouper will Eat the Damsels...and leave the tangs alone..Then again wait eat shrimps...

Dradttg...Can show me a photo of your RED snapper?? Can makan or not?? If not pass me to me...

• SRC Member
Thats strange some pple still keep domino damsels with tangs etc and no problem ..why is this so?

I wonder if Introduction of a Spotted Grouper will Eat the Damsels...and leave the tangs alone..Then again wait eat shrimps...

Dradttg...Can show me a photo of your RED snapper?? Can makan or not?? If not pass me to me...

Returned to LFS.

That fish is too dangerous for my tank.

I don seem to have problem with my damsel but I 'FORMATTED' my tank 3 times because of three unexpected capable fish. :angry:

1) Maroon Clown - Always push my corals whenever new ones is inplace or slight landscaping.

2) Reindeer/Dragon wrasse - Look so nice in the book so got 1 happily put into my tank, initially quite gd and peaceful, then when I got my Maxi from LCK and place it on the sand sometin terrible happen, he is so hard working that put some sand into the clam which sent it to heaven....hai... :cry2:

3) Green wrasse - Seems to be very tame and peaceful with other fishes but when it grow slightly bigger...Guts also big liao, BLIND my CS straight I realise into the tank...idiot fish.....Hai... :(

Every Formatting always cause me to tak off in order to settle them, and follow to purchase water to change the next day...All thks to them...Very painful experience to know them better. Hope they behave themselves when they are purchase by others cos all of them are adopted by LFS. :D