WTB ICE PROBE CHILLER

GO FOR THE DOLPHINE TEM

BETTER AND SAFER

Hi bro,

Thanks for your recomm. Btw, have you used ice probe b4? Need advise...

Dolphine Tem require a pump to draw water into the chilling compartment from the main tank which i dont have the space in my tank to house additional pump. Cos my is a nano 8 gal... Still prefer Ice Probe cos its compact..

• SRC Member

BUT to use the probe poses danger as it is using the cpu power box which has exposed circuitry

as told by my friend.

FOR dolphin u just need a very small pump the smallest in the market also can do the work

Hi bro,

Thanks for your recomm. Btw, have you used ice probe b4? Need advise...

Dolphine Tem require a pump to draw water into the chilling compartment from the main tank which i dont have the space in my tank to house additional pump. Cos my is a nano 8 gal... Still prefer Ice Probe cos its compact..

BUT to use the probe poses danger as it is using the cpu power box which has exposed circuitry

as told by my friend.

FOR dolphin u just need a very small pump the smallest in the market also can do the work

Hi bro,

Will seriously consider your recommendation. Thanks for the input....

• SRC Member

and dun you need a hole somewhere to mount the probe? Wouldn't it be very inconvenient and lotsa work?

Dun really think many use this so you might not get many replies. You might want to get new at reefdepot.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

Personally, i dun rec using dolphine brand...more ever, it not that cost saving in long run. Heard from friends, that it does not have any cut off timing and keep on running. How about accurateness? Also, heard from them it takes a long time to get it chill and since it does not have any thermostats running, it just gauge from the tank temp. Besides these, any warranty covered on these? Since it nano tank or even pico tank. U might invest in a small chiller like resun or other reputable brands like artica. bear in mind that ice probe dun comes cheap...with that price and a little bit of top up...u can get a china made chiller and ITs easier to install. Look at overseas thread, some pple are using probe but most of them are DIY kings where they can spend time and $$ on constructing the concepts.

But if you really insist using that, then I would suggest to get it from reef depot as they are selling only from what i know of.

Infos are all obtain frm some close friends of mine that uses this brand. So just to come in and share with you! Hope these helps! :D

Personally, i dun rec using dolphine brand...more ever, it not that cost saving in long run. Heard from friends, that it does not have any cut off timing and keep on running. How about accurateness? Also, heard from them it takes a long time to get it chill and since it does not have any thermostats running, it just gauge from the tank temp. Besides these, any warranty covered on these? Since it nano tank or even pico tank. U might invest in a small chiller like resun or other reputable brands like artica. bear in mind that ice probe dun comes cheap...with that price and a little bit of top up...u can get a china made chiller and ITs easier to install. Look at overseas thread, some pple are using probe but most of them are DIY kings where they can spend time and $$ on constructing the concepts.

But if you really insist using that, then I would suggest to get it from reef depot as they are selling only from what i know of.

Infos are all obtain frm some close friends of mine that uses this brand. So just to come in and share with you! Hope these helps! :D

Thank you all for your precious infomation. No doubt Ice Probe is costly that is why i am looking fr a second hand one. But still prefer to use it bcos it's compact.

And also it does not generate heat which a chiller does irregardless of small or big chiller. Will try posting for another 1 week or 2, if ready cant get a second one then will probably go fr a brand new one. Hope you guyz dont find me irritating HAHA!

• SRC Member
Thank you all for your precious infomation. No doubt Ice Probe is costly that is why i am looking fr a second hand one. But still prefer to use it bcos it's compact.

And also it does not generate heat which a chiller does irregardless of small or big chiller. Will try posting for another 1 week or 2, if ready cant get a second one then will probably go fr a brand new one. Hope you guyz dont find me irritating HAHA!

nah, juz that we find you damnz trublesome!!! :P no lah, ice probe not every reefers will invest onto it...but since u insist, then SHOW US how you going to DO it MANZ!!!!

Awaiting for your thread! and gd luck in seraching for 2nd hand ice probe! :D