EDG 3FT Passion

EDG

• SRC Member
Purple firegoby

bro, so envy of your purple firegoby. i never seems to be able to keep them alive. They usually disappear and hid into the rocks after i introduce them into the tank n never seen again :(

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
Hi Vlamingi bro, yup, the coraline algae will take some time.. hehe.. ya just a newbie, only 1 year odd into the hobby...

Nice job for a newbie... Perhaps you could add the Part A-B by aquapharm... It helps to make your pH stable and also maintain Calcium and Alkalinity at acceptable levels which help accelerate coraline algae growth...

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

bro, so envy of your purple firegoby. i never seems to be able to keep them alive. They usually disappear and hid into the rocks after i introduce them into the tank n never seen again :(

ya, they are usually quite timid, this goby has been with me for more than a year, used to hide alot in my 2ft tank, only comes out to feed, but it's happier in my 3FT , almost out for the whole day, only sleep at night.. :)

Nice setup. Can see that you must have lots of patience in the setup. Ya, purple goby is shy. Mine also hiding and will surface in the morning to eat. Always compared mine with those selling in the shop....somehow i feel those in the shop are more purple....maybe mine eat untill too fat and the colour has been diluted.....any advice to maintain their colour? Thanks.

ya, they are usually quite timid, this goby has been with me for more than a year, used to hide alot in my 2ft tank, only comes out to feed, but it's happier in my 3FT , almost out for the whole day, only sleep at night.. :)

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Nice setup. Can see that you must have lots of patience in the setup. Ya, purple goby is shy. Mine also hiding and will surface in the morning to eat. Always compared mine with those selling in the shop....somehow i feel those in the shop are more purple....maybe mine eat untill too fat and the colour has been diluted.....any advice to maintain their colour? Thanks.

Luckily so far, I've been able to maintain/improve the colour of my fishes. I try to feed them small portions several times a day , as fishes in the nature tend to feed throughout the day, in a aquarium setting, of cos, that is not possible due to our work schedule and so on, but I do make an effort to replicate that as close as possible. As I understand from some reading, this would help the fishes to retain the nutrients/proteins much better than a 1-time heavy feeding as they tend to defecate food at an increased rate over a long period. I also try to provide a balance diet of high protein food such as cyclopleeze and mysis together with pellets and seaweeds. Perhaps you should try varying their diet? :)

Thanks for the advice. I mixed cyclopleeze(dry) with frozen cube mysis and brine and mixed with vitamin and garlic guard. Feed them morning and night. Also feed them mixed pellet - spectrum, formula 2 and another brand from AM. Also feed them flake cyclopleeze. This will be their weekday diet. For weekend, i will give them live brine shrimp or mysis(red colour one...always confused....wahahaha). For seaweed, they dont like or dont eat. So i will buy red bamboo for them. My flame angel only eat pellet.....so everyday got to feed a variety to suit different fishes in my tank....purple goby got different orgin? maybe like royal gamma - braz. is not as attractive as carib. one. Anyway...seeing the fishes swimming happily....one will feel happy also. Me also will be upgrading from 2 ft cube to 3 ft once i get my new flat....may need your advice on the scaping...hehe

Luckily so far, I've been able to maintain/improve the colour of my fishes. I try to feed them small portions several times a day , as fishes in the nature tend to feed throughout the day, in a aquarium setting, of cos, that is not possible due to our work schedule and so on, but I do make an effort to replicate that as close as possible. As I understand from some reading, this would help the fishes to retain the nutrients/proteins much better than a 1-time heavy feeding as they tend to defecate food at an increased rate over a long period. I also try to provide a balance diet of high protein food such as cyclopleeze and mysis together with pellets and seaweeds. Perhaps you should try varying their diet? :)

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Err....any method to try fishes to eat seaweed?

Thanks for the advice. I mixed cyclopleeze(dry) with frozen cube mysis and brine and mixed with vitamin and garlic guard. Feed them morning and night. Also feed them mixed pellet - spectrum, formula 2 and another brand from AM. Also feed them flake cyclopleeze. This will be their weekday diet. For weekend, i will give them live brine shrimp or mysis(red colour one...always confused....wahahaha). For seaweed, they dont like or dont eat. So i will buy red bamboo for them. My flame angel only eat pellet.....so everyday got to feed a variety to suit different fishes in my tank....purple goby got different orgin? maybe like royal gamma - braz. is not as attractive as carib. one. Anyway...seeing the fishes swimming happily....one will feel happy also. Me also will be upgrading from 2 ft cube to 3 ft once i get my new flat....may need your advice on the scaping...hehe

Algae Scrubbler

Err....any method to try fishes to eat seaweed?

what i did initially is to cut/chop the seaweed into very small pieces, like flakes, and i feed it together with their normal food mix. after sometime, the fishes will recognize it as food, and now i'm able to feed the seaweed on its own and in bigger pieces.. hopefully that works for u!

Thanks bro. Will go to daiso or ntuc to get nori... and try out...if fishes dont like, i will consume myself....cook soup...kekeke

what i did initially is to cut/chop the seaweed into very small pieces, like flakes, and i feed it together with their normal food mix. after sometime, the fishes will recognize it as food, and now i'm able to feed the seaweed on its own and in bigger pieces.. hopefully that works for u!

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Thanks bro. Will go to daiso or ntuc to get nori... and try out...if fishes dont like, i will consume myself....cook soup...kekeke

solo you seem to live in SK if you want can go to pounglo to collect seaweeds if you dont mind the polluation there

ahahhaha

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Bro EDG, sorry to borrow your thread.

Sunny03, me getting those dried one lar....punggol beach...dont want lar....hmm...maybe can find one spot and cultivate clean one....wahahaha.

solo you seem to live in SK if you want can go to pounglo to collect seaweeds if you dont mind the polluation there

ahahhaha

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

ahahhaha

Hey beo sunny dun mind I interrupt your chat with solo... Actually Punggol Beach nothing take one except SOME pls take note some live clams not the giant clams but those like edible ones...

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• 2 weeks later...

Past couple of weeks has been busy for me.. My 2 mth old Teco TR20 has some thermostat issue and it took a couple of services for them to fix it.. fortunately i had a external thermostat to cut off my chiller at 24 degrees, if not, my poor fishes would be gone.. :angel: