Earth's Atlantis tank

Earth

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
For lights I am using ati 2 tubes aquablue special, 1 blue plus and 1 true actinic. Total of 4 tubes

So all blue??? :blink:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Don't say that lah bro.. haha... still alot of gems there, am now eyeing the prata with green dots... :fear::sick: I also saw a damn red (think its a lobo) coral there which i felt was very nice... I thought you would have gotten that.

Btw, your suggested project not possible lah, too high value and also tank no space liao... :lol:

i saw that chilli red lobo and had wanted to get it actually.. But hair algae can be seen growing on the slightly injured part already.. The price i was quoted for that slightly injured small pcs is 25% more than your big chilli red lobo you just got :ooh:<_<

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
zoos, but no fully opened yet...

wow yo tank getting nicer each day. so envy u hv such nice clams too. i guess very soon will be fully pack.

hand a bit itchy to go bac to lps heehee...i guess one gd thi about not hvi sump is lesser dosing of liquid addic/food...

cont to post your gem ok. at least i hv side to view nice corals to ensure my fire for this hobby still burning espec when overseas.

mayb you can also post few shots of your office tank sinc u turned it in2 fowlr..

not surprise2c u add sps heehee..

• SRC Member
Are you using more acttinics to day light. Or izzit metal halide bulbs you choose more bluish colour ones??? Cos the brain colour isn't like what we've all seen under circumstances like the ratio of daylite to acttinics is 2:1

do u mind show a shot of your compt of overflow. thx..jus curious how u insert equipments in there. when you open up your cabinet will you feel heat coming out fr there? my pub shot up high due to hot weather in sin=chiller kicks in more often..

anyway great work you add to your hm tank. im sure now you just cant wait to go home2c your tank compare to last time when all the gems were in your office heeheeee..

i thi your black tang will be great in hm tank..

• SRC Member
Are you using more acttinics to day light. Or izzit metal halide bulbs you choose more bluish colour ones??? Cos the brain colour isn't like what we've all seen under circumstances like the ratio of daylite to acttinics is 2:1

hi soory another small request: can show the opening of your cabinet too. jus curious how the lights are set up. if i dont remember wrongly the cabinet opens in one full piece fr top to bottom rite? thx

im sure lots of ppl wit atlantis tank will appreaciate your posting cos you made it impossible to possible of keeping lps with atlantis tank...

• SRC Member
A final FTS from main door

Getting nicer & nicer bro...

Did not know KennethK had a black maxima for sale a yr ago :pinch: haha... Been to his place XXX times but did not notice he have a black maxima... He must have hid it in his room everytime i pass by... :unsure:

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
do u mind show a shot of your compt of overflow. thx..jus curious how u insert equipments in there. when you open up your cabinet will you feel heat coming out fr there? my pub shot up high due to hot weather in sin=chiller kicks in more often..

anyway great work you add to your hm tank. im sure now you just cant wait to go home2c your tank compare to last time when all the gems were in your office heeheeee..

i thi your black tang will be great in hm tank..

ok, will try to take pics of the overflow compartment and post later. Basically there's nothing much in there. I have liverocks, a deltec turbo skimmer, mangroves and pumps for chiller and water return in there.

For increase in pub bills, havn't got the impact yet as i just started running the chiller for 1 week + :upsidedown:

The inside of the cabinet is usually quite warm due to the lights, I only have a 4inches square opening at the ceiling of the cabinet for ventilation...

My blck tang is still in office :rolleyes: , not intending to add any tangs at home as they are poo machines.. :pinch:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Getting nicer & nicer bro...

Did not know KennethK had a black maxima for sale a yr ago :pinch: haha... Been to his place XXX times but did not notice he have a black maxima... He must have hid it in his room everytime i pass by... :unsure:

Yah, must be.. or last time his tank too many gems that the clams were just pale shadows.. :D

Now my tank is almost fullhouse, just 2 pcs of real nice pratas and that will be almost it :upsidedown:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank