Vlamingi_cont's 2nd tank

• SRC Member

This is the post tt lemon lemon posted... tt's y... :rolleyes: ucky i dun have this problem. whew. get a sandsifter goby. will clean sand very good. but dun get those sleeper gobies. like orange stripe or blue cheek. they will kill ur corals. spit sand on them. my first elegance died coz of this.

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I also realised that if your wavemaker kept doing the sand sifting ssand by rolling the particles,it won't have any algae growing.And i got an Elegance from GO :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

girlone.png

• SRC Member
I also realised that if your wavemaker kept doing the sand sifting ssand by rolling the particles,it won't have any algae growing.And i got an Elegance from GO :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Big small?? :eyebrow:

-skimmer-less-

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Small only.Trying out.It expanded good but then i just need to keep the flow from hitting it too hard.It receives medium flow as i can't find a spot with low flow other than my euphyllia corner.Their tentacles are damn sticky.I need to get more prawns for the corals....

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer
Small only.Trying out.It expanded good but then i just need to keep the flow from hitting it too hard.It receives medium flow as i can't find a spot with low flow other than my euphyllia corner.Their tentacles are damn sticky.I need to get more prawns for the corals....

pls dun over feed ur elegance. trust me. kept many elegance before. one small piece of prawn every 2 weeks is enough.

• SRC Member
pls dun over feed ur elegance. trust me. kept many elegance before. one small piece of prawn every 2 weeks is enough.

Lucky i didn't feed it last night.......Ok i will take note of that.Last time i tend to overfeed my corals.This is my first time taking care of these magnificent creatures.I got the thin purple tip one.See the pink one later look more like RBTA scared my clownfish go in....

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer
Lucky i didn't feed it last night.......Ok i will take note of that.Last time i tend to overfeed my corals.This is my first time taking care of these magnificent creatures.I got the thin purple tip one.See the pink one later look more like RBTA scared my clownfish go in....

feed can. but dun overfeed unless u wan ur coral to die. once per week/2 weeks is enough and feed it small piece please. elegance is one of my favourites. gorgeous isnt it?

• SRC Member
feed can. but dun overfeed unless u wan ur coral to die. once per week/2 weeks is enough and feed it small piece please. elegance is one of my favourites. gorgeous isnt it?

Very gorgeous indeed.I love those corals that falls under Caryophyllidae like Euphyllia species,bubble corals and the magnificent elegance.Hope it will survive in my tank for more than a year as i heard these corals won't last long....... :(

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer
Very gorgeous indeed.I love those corals that falls under Caryophyllidae like Euphyllia species,bubble corals and the magnificent elegance.Hope it will survive in my tank for more than a year as i heard these corals won't last long....... :(

it depends. there is a condition called elegance coral disease that affects only cataphyllia.can go read up the article for more information. no cure. look out for the symptoms.

other than that, elegance is quite easy.

• SRC Member
it depends. there is a condition called elegance coral disease that affects only cataphyllia.can go read up the article for more information. no cure. look out for the symptoms.

other than that, elegance is quite easy.

Ahh ok.I found an interesting article.This is it:

Elegance Coral Syndrome (ECS)

Beginning sometime in the late 1990s, specimens entering the trade were doomed by a condition that had no known cause or cure, ECS, characterized by the following:

1. Colony's o ral disk swells, sometimes with excessive mucus production from the mouths

2. Tentacles do not expand

3. White opaque mucus-like webbing may present itself across the o ral disk, originating between the coral's tissue and skeleton. This stage typically lasts from days to nearly a month.

4. Coral bleaching or colour change

5. Tentacles lose their stickiness and so the coral does not feed

6. The coral's tissue eventually shrinks

7. Secondary infections may occur, but are not common

8. Colony dies despite all manners of experimental intervention that have been attempted

My colony only expel a bit of mucus and goes normal after that.And i heard that purple tip elegance are harder to be taken care of?And mine is purple.....Hmm i'll see how it goes.I am reducing my fishload a lot with only 1 clownfish in my tank.Another article i found below.

Some things to keep in mind if you are going to care for this animal, despite warnings against it, the purple tipped variety is the worst to attempt to keep. Since these are the corals being collected today, this article will focus on their care.

* Low flow is necessary, but 10 x tank turnover is the minimum

* Fine sand or mud substrate

* Calcium and strontium, as per all stony corals

* Pristine water condition is not good for this particular animal, high organic nutrient concentrations with 10's of PPM of nitrates is desired. Be careful not to over skim!

* Mouths facing up, V shaped point stuck down in the mud is the way this animal should be oriented.

* NEVER place this coral in live rock or at an angle

* Calm water movement, away from a power head.

* A Thalassia (Turtle Grass) habitat is extra good, providing filtered light, but any vascular grass is good.

* Target fed with meaty food two to three times a week

* Low-Medium lighting, using compact fluorescents or VHOs, do not use metal halides

Maybe i should put this up somewhere in the LPS coral forum....

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer

yes i believe that bottom article is from wetwebmedia? no need to put up in LPS forum. here are some tips if u want to try elegance. yes the purple tip one is slighly harder. pink tips are the easiest.

- they dun like intense lighting. as in the wild they are found in sea grass biotopes, diffuse lighting is enough. T5 are suffient, no need for metal halides. if using MH, put it in a less intense lited area.

- they like egntle flow. no blasting power heads at them please

- they prefer to be on the sand. this is how they are found in the wild. many reefers place them on the rocks. it is fine too provided the rock doesnt hurt the flesh

- NEVER place them in a vertical position. place them in a horizontal position with mouths facing upwards and skeletal base poiting downwards. they have conical shaped skeleton that is best stuck in the sand.

- avoid touching them when it is settled down. they get stressed easily.

- do not over feed.

- elegance have one of the highest stinging capabilities of all cnidarians (although my xenia seems to be unphased by it.). place them away from other LPS and softies. thsi is how they are found in the wild, with very little cnidarians around them. if u have sensitive skin, avoid touching them too. they pack quite a punch.

• SRC Member

Lol i have put up already so can share....Anyways it's not from wet web media but from suite 101 :)

girlone.png

• SRC Member

Geting alittle boring... Tomorrow might be going Iwarna... ne one with latest updates?? Fish corals?? :eyebrow:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

Geting alittle boring... Tomorrow might be going Iwarna... ne one with latest updates?? Fish corals?? :eyebrow:

saw a lot of fire gobies on last sat...din buy ne though...

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

ehh bro youngshun hehe I thought you finding for some fire gobies?

haha didnt buy then regret uh hehe :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
ehh bro youngshun hehe I thought you finding for some fire gobies?

haha didnt buy then regret uh hehe :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Looking for exotics leh... :unsure::heh: Haiz... Change of plan might be dropping by AM later... :yeah:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Wad abt corals?? :upsidedown:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

Wad abt corals?? :upsidedown:

cant realli remember...bt i dun remember seeing anything tat interests me hehe

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member
cant realli remember...bt i dun remember seeing anything tat interests me hehe

Looks like i'll just hav to add some fishes now... :rolleyes:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Went to AM just now its virtually empty now so yeah wait for next week or something when new shipment arrives!!

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Went to AM just now its virtually empty now so yeah wait for next week or something when new shipment arrives!!

hehe yesterday lucky change of plans go to T95 didnt go to Am if not wasted trip

bro angelfishlover hehe what you looking for haha?

:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

I was looking for some fishes to add the liveliness of the tank.Now very plain with a few LPS and one lone Acro colony.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
hehe yesterday lucky change of plans go to T95 didnt go to Am if not wasted trip

bro angelfishlover hehe what you looking for haha?

:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Wow so lucky yesterday did not went down to AM (phew) or else waste time... INstead i went to cut hair... Hair "kenna" cot by DM liao... <_<

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
I was looking for some fishes to add the liveliness of the tank.Now very plain with a few LPS and one lone Acro colony.

Same except for mine hav corals... :rolleyes:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

I am cutting down fishload so that i can have a healthy coral growth.and less PO4!!!

girlone.png