OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

I agree, it may be an aberrant flame angel. No description provided from where i found the pic, jux abnormal flame.

No la I think it's a hybrid. The bars so thin and don't have the thick first bar that all flame angels have.

The dorsal and anal fun very colourful!

No la I think it's a hybrid. The bars so thin and don't have the thick first bar that all flame angels have.

The dorsal and ###### fun very colourful!

Ya most likely a hybrid. This below belongs to John Copps also has v little blue at the dorsal and ###### fins.

V shepardi lookalike, so nice, but sadly did not survive. It costs USD300+ from bluezooaquatics.

post-10328-049460600 1292316622_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Ya most likely a hybrid. This below belongs to John Copps also has v little blue at the dorsal and ###### fins.

V shepardi lookalike, so nice, but sadly did not survive. It costs USD300+ from bluezooaquatics.

this one is very shepardi.

u sure it's not shepardi? the bars so many and so close together.

very very shepardi.

this one is very shepardi.

u sure it's not shepardi? the bars so many and so close together.

very very shepardi.

No it's not shepardi. Cos these "shepardi" was from bluezooaquatics thru their cebu supply, so it must be rusty flame.

But it's so shepardi like, tat's why John strongly feels that the shepardi at Guam is a result of hybridization.

• Senior Reefer

No it's not shepardi. Cos these "shepardi" was from bluezooaquatics thru their cebu supply, so it must be rusty flame.

But it's so shepardi like, tat's why John strongly feels that the shepardi at Guam is a result of hybridization.

aiyah.

this kind of things, very difficult to know. even with molecular DNA work.

do u know that brown tang and yellow tang have 99.9% same DNA? some even say 100%

but both are 2 separate valid species.

so even with molecular work, sometimes too similar a species may turn out to be the same.

brown tang and yellow tang could be allopatric mah, both fish originating from 1 fish that's why same DNA. but evolved to separate species due to environmental change.

but even then the DNA should have been different. due to evolution. but may not be also?

so this kind of things very grey and unknown unless very very detailed work is done.

• Senior Reefer

Wat is that tail i circled? Looks like a tail of a rare fish! Could be a smaller rusty flame?

you have very sharp eyes too!

i was wondering if anyone would see that hehe.

no not another rusty flame. the edges of the fins should have the blue and black stripes.

it's pure orange in that one. so it could be a rare fish.

it's definitely a centropyge.

you have very sharp eyes too!

i was wondering if anyone would see that hehe.

no not another rusty flame. the edges of the fins should have the blue and black stripes.

it's pure orange in that one. so it could be a rare fish.

it's definitely a centropyge.

Exactly i feel that it's a centropyge too but there's no centropyge tat i dunno and yet i cant tell wat it is from the tail!

Mux be something rare, hybrid perhaps, or could be a small juvenile tat colours has not yet fully developed!

• Senior Reefer

marginalis marginalis marginalis.

here are just some out of the HUNDREDS that liveaquaria offer for sale every month!

everyweek there will be at least one, if not more, marginalis offered for sale at the diver's den.

this fish should be made more available in singapore.

so far only 2 have ever came in and one is in my tank now.

post-15755-071911400 1292322972_thumb.pn

post-15755-025468900 1292322981_thumb.pn

post-15755-041606100 1292322986_thumb.jp

post-15755-023049000 1292323271_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Whole world is getting the Rusty X Flame angel hybrid except Singapore!

US, Japan, Europe, Taiwan, hong kong, thailand, EVERYWHERE!

here's just a small sample collage of some of the uncountable rusty flames that have been exported!

post-15755-044957900 1292325021_thumb.jp

marginalis marginalis marginalis.

here are just some out of the HUNDREDS that liveaquaria offer for sale every month!

everyweek there will be at least one, if not more, marginalis offered for sale at the diver's den.

this fish should be made more available in singapore.

so far only 2 have ever came in and one is in my tank now.

do they always come in so freaking huge!!!

• Senior Reefer

do they always come in so freaking huge!!!

no.

liveaquaria and many shops in the states sell 2 inch juveniles and 3 inch subadults also.

sometimes 4 inch specimens will come.

they come in ALL sizes! but the 2 that came to Singapore were about 4 inch from tip of snout to tail. as expected. Singapore is the dumping ground for all the fishes. so the larger ones that cannot sell, the australian suppliers just dump to us.

• Senior Reefer

we are lucky to be near the indo pacific region where many rare fishes such as white cap goby, rusty x flame hybrid, roseafascia fairy wrasse, yellow mask swallowtail angel, tonozukai fairy wrasse, orange back fairy wrasse, and SO MANY MORE.

but because our market here have very little interest in exotic fishes, the suppliers never send to us but instead, send to US and Japan where people there have more buying power!

Whole world is getting the Rusty X Flame angel hybrid except Singapore!

US, Japan, Europe, Taiwan, hong kong, thailand, EVERYWHERE!

here's just a small sample collage of some of the uncountable rusty flames that have been exported!

OMG why do u hav to do this!!

Argh i cant control myself anymore, i wan a rusty flame as my christmas present!

• Senior Reefer

Let's re-live digiman's fame and glory when he was the first person in singapore to ever got the first Sanguineus hogfish, endemic to Hawaii.

This video was made famous in glassbox design and reefbuilders and something so substantial and ground breaking at that time, was worthy of applaud. Since then, the sunrise hogfish has been collected regulary.

for those who don't know what a sanguineus or sunrise hogfish is, take a look at this video. it's neon highlighter orange and yellow colours will stun you.

this is what rare fish is about and the epitome of rare, and deserve more than just a glassbox or reefbuilder article!

post-15755-041568300 1292331903_thumb.jp