OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Will opt for the mauritius bio-tope as the 2 fishes are usually up on my wish- list... :eyebrow::eyebrow:

debelius and opercularis will indeed really make for a stunnign display.

to make it even more awesome, throw in a sanguineus fairy wrasse and a Plectranthias pelicieri and you'll really reach legendary status.

i'm so jealous of Dr. tanaka's sanguineus fairy wrasse pair!

Attention people of SRC,

the four fish you are about to see below are some of the RAREST OF THE RARE from Mauritius and obtaining all 4 will sky rocket you to legend status.

Centropyge debelius

Bodianus opercularis

Plectranthias pelicieri and

Cirrhilabrus sanguineus

tanaka owns 2 sanguineus fairy and have seen and photograph debelius in real life. he's really fortunate! he has also seen smithi and G. semicinctus before!

post-15755-075537300 1292774408_thumb.jp

post-15755-093589600 1292774415_thumb.jp

post-15755-001941800 1292774437_thumb.jp

post-15755-025884400 1292774471_thumb.jp

post-15755-033200400 1292774650_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

According to John coppolino,

Centropyge hotumatua from the Easter Islands is a very cold water fish that needs optimal temperature of 72-74F!

That's like 22C!

very cold.

so anyone wanting to obtain the hotumatua (if it's even ever available), a cold water system is needed.

RCT hawaii had tried with hotumatua breeding but failed and the pair was meant to go to john copps. but he did not have a cool enough system so he did not get it. now he does but no more hotumatua!

post-15755-066533900 1292775137_thumb.jp

post-15755-030145800 1292775142_thumb.jp

post-15755-047809300 1292775150_thumb.jp

Centropyge debelius

Bodianus opercularis

Plectranthias pelicieri and

Cirrhilabrus sanguineus

Wa these four?! I will jux keep dreaming.

The most obtainable one in the list is probably P.Pelicieri, but even if it's available, it'll be upwards of 3K price tag and i'll hav to think v v hard whether to get it!

Mauritius biotope, u need to add in gem tang to the list above! And maybe also mauritius coral beauty!

• Senior Reefer

Wa these four?! I will jux keep dreaming.

The most obtainable one in the list is probably P.Pelicieri, but even if it's available, it'll be upwards of 3K price tag and i'll hav to think v v hard whether to get it!

Mauritius biotope, u need to add in gem tang to the list above! And maybe also mauritius coral beauty!

HAHAHA.

the list above is god of reefing's unobtainable shopping list.

none of us will even come anywhere near that list!!

for us normal ordinary people to fulfill a mauritius biotope list,

a mauritian coral beauty, gem tang and a mitratus butterfly will suffice.

According to John coppolino,

Centropyge hotumatua from the Easter Islands is a very cold water fish that needs optimal temperature of 72-74F!

That's like 22C!

very cold.

so anyone wanting to obtain the hotumatua (if it's even ever available), a cold water system is needed.

RCT hawaii had tried with hotumatua breeding but failed and the pair was meant to go to john copps. but he did not have a cool enough system so he did not get it. now he does but no more hotumatua!

Sigh, hotumatua was supposed to be collected again mid of this year, but the trip did not come to fruition!

The japanese i read before did try to keep hotumatua in a SPS tank of 25 to 26 and the fish did well. So optimal may be 22 but it can probably adapt a little higher. The americans are always very critical about temp, so they always tend to exaggerate the temp requirement of the fish.

• Senior Reefer

Sigh, hotumatua was supposed to be collected again mid of this year, but the trip did not come to fruition!

The japanese i read before did try to keep hotumatua in a SPS tank of 25 to 26 and the fish did well. So optimal may be 22 but it can probably adapt a little higher. The americans are always very critical about temp, so they always tend to exaggerate the temp requirement of the fish.

agreed on the last statement.

but i've never kept hotumatua so i cannot comment.

but bandit, tinkeri, declivis all can adapt to standard reef temp.

They can do in 25-26... No need so low but good if you can go so low...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

hotumatua looks like joculator and fisher cross.

very dirty brown looking but it's nice. burnt orange. very warm undertone and looks very beautiful.

Hotumatua is HOT! The common name of tomato angel is v fitting!

If it ever becomes available again, believe LCK should be able to bring in the fish. LCK can get almost any rare angelfishes tat has appeared thus far, from clarion to clipperton(would have reached us if not for the confiscation of the fish) to true personifer to the deepwater personatus angel!

Hotumatua is HOT! The common name of tomato angel is v fitting!

If it ever becomes available again, believe LCK should be able to bring in the fish. LCK can get almost any rare angelfishes tat has appeared thus far, from clarion to clipperton(would have reached us if not for the confiscation of the fish) to true personifer to the deepwater personatus angel!

Hong Kong used to have hotumatua and the price is $500 that is when collection was not so controlled..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

the closest to hotumatua is joculator in term of appearance. not sure how close they are related taxonomically.

colour wise, fisher is almost identical!

colini's closest relative is narcosis.

so i dun dare to say joculator is the most closely related to hotumatua.

• Senior Reefer

Argh why mux u mention this fish again!!

I hope it will appear this week, in time as my christmas present!

i mean seriously lah.

clipperton, clarion, marjorie, all these exotic fishes from the extreme ends of the globe can be obtainable.

but one *TOOT TOOT TOOT EXPLETIVE* RUSTY FLAME THAT IS RELATIVELY COMMON IN CEBU. AND WE CANNOT GET?

i don't DON'T understand!!!

i'm going to break down and cry liao. this is getting absolutely ridiculous and makes NO sense. i'm going to start breaking down soon like an unhealthy bandit angel.

i mean seriously lah.

clipperton, clarion, marjorie, all these exotic fishes from the extreme ends of the globe can be obtainable.

but one *TOOT TOOT TOOT EXPLETIVE* RUSTY FLAME THAT IS RELATIVELY COMMON IN CEBU. AND WE CANNOT GET?

i don't DON'T understand!!!

i'm going to break down and cry liao. this is getting absolutely ridiculous and makes NO sense. i'm going to start breaking down soon like an unhealthy bandit angel.

Tell me about it. I've already broken down and died once, not even interpet number 7 can cure!

Thailand is getting it, even europe is getting the fish now! Why only we are left out.

Never mind now that CF is getting whitecap from their philippines, it may mean that Jon has found that other source of cebu supply he is talking about, so hopefully soon, v soon, rusty flame will come!

• Senior Reefer

Chaetodon tinkeri in the wild.

absolutely beautiful. for some reason, almost all wild pictures of tinker's butterflyfish will show the yellow longnosed butterflyfish (Forcipiger flavissimus) nearby.

They share the same niche and probably like hunting the same types of food.

post-15755-058744500 1292784721_thumb.jp

post-15755-073675000 1292784727_thumb.jp

post-15755-081480000 1292784734_thumb.jp

post-15755-082322400 1292784763_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Wild photos of Centropyge fisheri in Hawaiian shallow waters.

This particular colour form is very attractive!

Fisher's angelfish usually appear in a drab brown but sometimes, bright burnt orange specimens such as this can be found and they do indeed look absolutely stunning!

Like Centropyge hotumatua!

post-15755-054954900 1292784871_thumb.jp

post-15755-073866100 1292784877_thumb.jp

post-15755-062134800 1292784883_thumb.jp