OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

The expensive should be conspic, Earlei and Helfrichi(Cooks Island)...

Are u kidding? If u've seen how BH priced those fishes, the most expensive ones are tiny B.Sanguineus(~298000Yen), small Yellow Anthias(~298000Yen), small bandit(~258000Yen). The others are ex but not as ex, Medium Large Conspic(~198000Yen), Cook Island Helfrichi(~98000Yen) and Earlei Pair(~168000). These are the prices that i remembered for the exact same fishes u see in the picture.

actually i don't see what's the big hoo ha about C. earlei. it's nice, and rare but i think there are many cirrhilabrus that are nicer and worthy of more hype.

I've seen a short video of a flashing alpha earlei wrasse on a japanese website and it's OMG!! Lost the link to the website, if not will post the link here and it'll sure change your opinions on earlei.

Sunset, Iwarna supplier have before mah... but the price and size is not really attractive..

Tat piece price is atractive but size is not. It was such a great fish and my greatest loss!

• Senior Reefer

I've seen a short video of a flashing alpha earlei wrasse on a japanese website and it's OMG!! Lost the link to the website, if not will post the link here and it'll sure change your opinions on earlei.

FLASHING EARLEI!? I'LL GO HUNT FOR IT NOW

Are u kidding? If u've seen how BH priced those fishes, the most expensive ones are tiny B.Sanguineus(~298000Yen), small Yellow Anthias(~298000Yen), small bandit(~258000Yen). The others are ex but not as ex, Medium Large Conspic(~198000Yen), Cook Island Helfrichi(~98000Yen) and Earlei Pair(~168000). These are the prices that i remembered for the exact same fishes u see in the picture.

Tat piece price is atractive but size is not. It was such a great fish and my greatest loss!

Hehe... I am using Singapore pricing as comparison... Difficult to judge from BH price... Japanese are willing to spend much more than us...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Hehe... I am using Singapore pricing as comparison... Difficult to judge from BH price... Japanese are willing to spend much more than us...

We're v lucky to get these stuff (and most other stuff) cheaper. However we haven seen purple helfrichi and earlei yet so u cant be sure they are more expensive and i doubt they'll be over S$1k if they do appear.

We're v lucky to get these stuff (and most other stuff) cheaper. However we haven seen purple helfrichi and earlei yet so u cant be sure they are more expensive and i doubt they'll be over S$1k if they do appear.

Ya... They are quite rare to make a comparison too...

The conspic and clarion are a good example of cheaper rare gems, not forgetting Gem Tang......

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

didn't manage to find the japanese website after typing cirrhilabrus earlei and searchign through 40+ pages in google...

but found this nice picture. the yellow and blue on the cheeks are really nice.

post-15755-12728991092993_thumb.jpg

didn't manage to find the japanese website after typing cirrhilabrus earlei and searchign through 40+ pages in google...

but found this nice picture. the yellow and blue on the cheeks are really nice.

Ya... They are very nice... But dun think will get any anytime soon.. haven heard anything about Earlei in US recently.. Not sure about Japan...

Member of:

i want to have both of these 1 day

The pintail more likely to get cos found in cebu philippines. Pintail is so much nicer than roseafascia imo.

Ya... They are very nice... But dun think will get any anytime soon.. haven heard anything about Earlei in US recently.. Not sure about Japan...

US no earlei for many years liao. Japan seems to be able to get earlei every now and then. I always see their websites having new updates of earlei. Below is another one that appeared recently w another ultra rare fish, the debelius angel.

post-10328-1272899776691_thumb.jpg

post-10328-12728997866697_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

The pintail more likely to get cos found in cebu philippines. Pintail is so much nicer than roseafascia imo.

i'm confused between pin tail, lanceolatus and blatteus. esp the first two. mm...

anyway i dont like roseafascia. the price is way overpriced and the colour is not fantastic compared to its pintail lanceolatus etc counterparts... but the tail is wow

US no earlei for many years liao. Japan seems to be able to get earlei every now and then. I always see their websites having new updates of earlei. Below is another one that appeared recently w another ultra rare fish, the debelius angel.

Pintail??? That is very rare... Haven seen any before.. Maybe I dunno.. LOL..

Debelius is almost unobtainable? Haven seen much of debelius around even in US...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

first pic is cirrhilabrus blatteus

2nd pic is cirrhilabrus lanceolatus

3rd and 4th pic is cirrhilabrus cf lanceolatus (aka pintail wrasse)

4tf is ??? looks like lanceolatus or a roseafascia cross or whatever.

5th is a roseafascia

this is, to my understanding of these closely related few... guess we can call them the ROSEAFASCIA COMPELX -.-

post-15755-12729002510541_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12729002564777_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1272900261351_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12729002670276_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12729002729983_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12729002778013_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

first pic is cirrhilabrus blatteus

2nd pic is cirrhilabrus lanceolatus

3rd and 4th pic is cirrhilabrus cf lanceolatus (aka pintail wrasse)

4tf is ??? looks like lanceolatus or a roseafascia cross or whatever.

5th is a roseafascia

this is, to my understanding of these closely related few... guess we can call them the ROSEAFASCIA COMPELX -.-

so after seeing all these photos, i got 1 question. what is this wrasse! LOL. sian

post-15755-12729003895811_thumb.txt

i'm confused between pin tail, lanceolatus and blatteus. esp the first two. mm...

anyway i dont like roseafascia. the price is way overpriced and the colour is not fantastic compared to its pintail lanceolatus etc counterparts... but the tail is wow

U ought to be confused cos the fish is Cirrhilabrus cf. lanceolatus.

An excerpt from H.Tanaka on pintail:

"It is one of undescribed species of Cirrhilabrus. It is known from southern Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines, and it almost enters the aquarium trade from Cebu. Not known from Indonesian waters but it may exist in northern part around Sangihe Islands or Manado, Sulawesi.

Males have a reddish line on side that curves just above pectoral-fin base; it is not seen in lanceolatus or roseafascia. The species gows to 12cm at maximum as far as I know. It loves deeper waters and usually commands a high price in market.

It is very similar in appearance to lunatus from northwestern Pacific but the latter has a deeply lunate caudal fin; they mix well in nature and reproduce hybrid cross on rare occasion."

So the difference is jux a reddish line on the side?? How can non-expert hobbyists like us tell! Jux like the difference between allardi and chrysopterus, it's killing me. Anyway a gorgeous pic below from LA:

post-10328-12729005113628_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

U ought to be confused cos the fish is Cirrhilabrus cf. lanceolatus.

An excerpt from H.Tanaka on pintail:

"It is one of undescribed species of Cirrhilabrus. It is known from southern Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines, and it almost enters the aquarium trade from Cebu. Not known from Indonesian waters but it may exist in northern part around Sangihe Islands or Manado, Sulawesi.

Males have a reddish line on side that curves just above pectoral-fin base; it is not seen in lanceolatus or roseafascia. The species gows to 12cm at maximum as far as I know. It loves deeper waters and usually commands a high price in market.

It is very similar in appearance to lunatus from northwestern Pacific but the latter has a deeply lunate caudal fin; they mix well in nature and reproduce hybrid cross on rare occasion."

So the difference is jux a reddish line on the side?? How can non-expert hobbyists like us tell! Jux like the difference between allardi and chrysopterus, it's killing me. Anyway a gorgeous pic below from LA:

yes i've assembled all of these "complexes" together in the previous page. still the differences is very little especially the blueish pintail and the orangey pin tail.

• Senior Reefer

I guess a pintail.

me too. the shape, pattern everything is that of a pintail. only diff is it's very blue. either colour var, flashing or displaying. till then we will never know...

• Senior Reefer

The best of a displaying Earlei...

post-1037-1272900777409_thumb.jpg

I used to love roseafascia... But after looking at lanceolatus.. Maybe i should change my love...

WAHHH WHERE YOU FIND!! the blue on the dorsal is very nice wow! i think it's something like carmabi bah. really striking in real life.

roseafascia used to be something i loved. but looking at the closely related complexes, it's the dullest of them all. lanceolatus body wise not much diff from roseafascia. tail and fin wise, the tail looks much more beautiful imo

WAHHH WHERE YOU FIND!! the blue on the dorsal is very nice wow! i think it's something like carmabi bah. really striking in real life.

roseafascia used to be something i loved. but looking at the closely related complexes, it's the dullest of them all.

On the net lor... LOL.. I am just afraid it will be like carmabi, the color will be lighter in real life..

It just get more orange and more distinct when displaying...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

On the net lor... LOL.. I am just afraid it will be like carmabi, the color will be lighter in real life..

It just get more orange and more distinct when displaying...

hmm...the article on GBD say that carmabis can actually colour up given time and really look like those internet photos. but then again, ive seen some reefer taken photographs of earlei and the colour look quite dull. compared to these professionally taken photographs.

hmm...the article on GBD say that carmabis can actually colour up given time and really look like those internet photos. but then again, ive seen some reefer taken photographs of earlei and the colour look quite dull. compared to these professionally taken photographs.

Ya, it is not really a good indication from photo... The setting and lighting plays a part too..

Member of: