OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

tanaka's rubricaudalis.

both are same specimens. the 2nd one shows flashing nuptial colours. interesting how this species does not display metallic blue colours when flashing, unlike most other species of flashers.

post-15755-008527000 1280667930_thumb.jp

post-15755-076551400 1280667937_thumb.jp

tanaka's rubricaudalis.

both are same specimens. the 2nd one shows flashing nuptial colours. interesting how this species does not display metallic blue colours when flashing, unlike most other species of flashers.

OMG, in the background of the second photo is a holy grail fairy wrasse!!

must thank digiman for helping me keep one of the two Liopropoma multilineatum left at CF for me. I heard they brought in 5. luckily left 2. one of my favourite liopropomas and finally manage to get one after searching for quite some time.

The yellowish multilineatum is actually v rare. The multilineatum at CF is the normal coloured ones like the third photo. Nevertheless, still v beautiful. They are so alert and healthy.

HEHEHE was wodering who will be the first to notice it.

IT'S SANGUINEUS!

Oh pls the fish is so obvious..

• Senior Reefer

The yellowish multilineatum is actually v rare. The multilineatum at CF is the normal coloured ones like the third photo.

yellow, red, doesn't matter. i love this fish nonetheless.

good that it's healthy! i will collect probably on tuesday ok? :)

yellow, red, doesn't matter. i love this fish nonetheless.

good that it's healthy! i will collect probably on tuesday ok? :)

Can, try not to collect too late as the fish is residing in my sump and i cant feed fishes when they are in my sump as will choke my chiller. So if u dun wan a skinny fish, try to collect the fish fast.

Anyway from Reefbuilder: Deepwater carribbean Serranus Phoebe caught alongside snow basslet (S.chionaraia). So S.phoebe nicer or S.chionaraia nicer? Personally i vote S.chionaraia.

serranus-phoebe-tattler-bass-old-town-aquarium-3.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Can, try not to collect too late as the fish is residing in my sump and i cant feed fishes when they are in my sump as will choke my chiller. So if u dun wan a skinny fish, try to collect the fish fast.

Anyway from Reefbuilder: Deepwater carribbean Serranus Phoebe caught alongside snow basslet (S.chionaraia). So S.phoebe nicer or S.chionaraia nicer? Personally i vote S.chionaraia.

snow basslet nicer.

S. phoebe reminds me of my lecturer. miss phoebe song.

Ugly... So many rare fishes are being caught.. I really hope we can get Belonoperca pylei...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Ugly... So many rare fishes are being caught.. I really hope we can get Belonoperca pylei...

belonoperca is a difficult genus.

look at digi's B. chabanaudi. only eat live food.

• Senior Reefer

Anyway the dusky heraldi at CF seems to revert to yellowish v slowly, esp the tail area. But came in another one, so there's two now and harder to clear than before!

u did not buy?

Anyway the dusky heraldi at CF seems to revert to yellowish v slowly, esp the tail area. But came in another one, so there's two now and harder to clear than before!

The 2nd one is nicer... But today I dun take a look at the fishes... Might have rare stuffs.. Haha...

Member of:

u did not buy?

I did not. Cos buy multilineatum liao dun wanna add so many fishes at one go, mux control. Also still feel 350 no discount is really too much for a fish tat may slowly fade back to yellow. Anyway quite confident the fish will always remain there till the day i decide to get it.

The 2nd one is nicer... But today I dun take a look at the fishes... Might have rare stuffs.. Haha...

The second one is the same as the older one, except a bit smaller. No rare stuff except the multilineatum i took. Oh still have the v scary jumbo flame wrasse, i was so shock by its size! Many many bluelines. I'm most happy w my soft corals purchase at CF today, so big and nice and cheap.

I did not. Cos buy multilineatum liao dun wanna add so many fishes at one go, mux control. Also still feel 350 no discount is really too much for a fish tat may slowly fade back to yellow. Anyway quite confident the fish will always remain there till the day i decide to get it.

The second one is the same as the older one, except a bit smaller. No rare stuff except the multilineatum i took. Oh still have the v scary jumbo flame wrasse, i was so shock by its size! Many many bluelines. I'm most happy w my soft corals purchase at CF today, so big and nice and cheap.

Haha.. just pass on the Dusky Heraldi lar.. Not worth it for the price..

You try telling Lemon about the corals that you got lor.. Haha.. :ph34r::whistle

Member of:

Haha.. just pass on the Dusky Heraldi lar.. Not worth it for the price..

You try telling Lemon about the corals that you got lor.. Haha.. :ph34r::whistle

Ya for the time being will pass on the dusky heraldi ba. I shall stop try to convince u pple who dun understand and appreciate how pretty the corals can be. I jux need two or three more big leather pieces to fill up some gap den i'll post an updated video to prove u all wrong!

• Senior Reefer

Ya for the time being will pass on the dusky heraldi ba. I shall stop try to convince u pple who dun understand and appreciate how pretty the corals can be. I jux need two or three more big leather pieces to fill up some gap den i'll post an updated video to prove u all wrong!

leather corals?

i only appreciate them for their shape. large sarcophyton will form AMAZING meandering structures and it's just absolutely beautiful. not only that, the tentacles can be very lovely.

but for them to show their lovely meandering shapes, they have to grow very large.

here are some pictures of them and you will understand what i mean. look at the photo with the entire leather coral reef. stunning.

the only thing i dont like about cf leather is the colour and the shapes are ugly. small colonies of leathers are ugly and they need time to grow.

post-15755-027210200 1280680008_thumb.jp

post-15755-061676600 1280680017_thumb.jp

post-15755-014178000 1280680027_thumb.jp

LOL!!! I like them too... LOL.. Just that those at CF are not really that nice, only saw a few nice ones..

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

genicanthus takeuchii hybrid!!

omg. with a lamarck? melanospilos? semifasciatus?

i think it's a semifasciatus x takeuchii. the vertical bar at the gill cover reminds me of semifasciatus. and the dorsal fin seems very yellow. indicating female/juvenile colouration of semifasciatus

post-15755-047855300 1280708024_thumb.jp