OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• SRC Member

Aberrant YT @ LADD.

lg-1020111-069.jpg

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

so i went to aquarium of the pacific in long beach and my friend took me behind the scenes at the back, and in the quarantine room is this GORGEOUSSSS clarion angelfish.

i swear it's the brightest coloured clarion i have ever seen in my life. the photo below is not even doing justice to it. it is not orange, but nearly RED! i have no idea how the clarion angel got this bright!

but anyway, snapped a quick pic and took a video of it. we hand fed it seaweed. will upload the video when i get back. here's just a quick pic.

post-15755-0-29671500-1319340927_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

also at the public aquarium was this.

the king of all angels. the rarest of them all.

Holacanthus limbaughi, the clipperton angelfish.

Jake Adams brought me to see it and literally, i was shocked.

the only way anyone will ever get to see it, is if they were to buy a ticket to california and go to aquarium of the pacific to see one.

it's endemic to clipperton islands and it's illegal to catch, and sell one.

this is the only piece showcased anywhere! and i'm super happy and honoured to have seen one!

the photo is REALLYYYY CRAPPY but you can tell it's a clipperton. the funny thing is it's kept in a mangrove biotope with swarms of mono angelfs and mullet and the clipperton is just one blue fish in a sea of silver monos. so you have to keep your eyes peeled for it.

hundreds of people walk by the aquarium everyday and probably do not realise how lucky they are to be able to see a clipperton angelfish!

post-15755-0-08009600-1319341248_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

and at the reefapalooza event, quality marine sponsored this gorgeous show size conspic angel.

it's HUGEEE. at least 7-8 inch!

in one day i manage to see Clarion, Clipperton and Conspic.

something that makes me extremely happy. Not everyone can say they've seen the 3 C's because of the clippreton angel. it's really lucky that the clipperton is housed in long beach california, so near to L.A and orange county where i'm at. had it been at another country, or even another state, i would not be able to see it.

post-15755-0-57249600-1319341459_thumb.j

• Senior Reefer

One of the nicest clarions I've ever seen. Even jake was taken aback and he has a clarion at home. They are usually yellowish orange but this one is almost red! There's a copperband inside that is almost the same size as it lol. Also a humeralis butterfly adult.

It's all in qt but will come out of it soon.

so i went to aquarium of the pacific in long beach and my friend took me behind the scenes at the back, and in the quarantine room is this GORGEOUSSSS clarion angelfish.

i swear it's the brightest coloured clarion i have ever seen in my life. the photo below is not even doing justice to it. it is not orange, but nearly RED! i have no idea how the clarion angel got this bright!

but anyway, snapped a quick pic and took a video of it. we hand fed it seaweed. will upload the video when i get back. here's just a quick pic.

Nice! Very nice!

The colour looks like breeding salmon changing into fresh water colours! 3 rare fishes in a trip! Lucky ducky!