OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

2 slightly aberrant butterflies. a misbar fremblii, and a marginalis with a weird orange extension in the middle bar, where it is supposed to be orange-less.

One thing i never really took note, the fremblii actually have a stripe on the dorsal spine..

Actually some marginalis actually show the orange extension, not so commonly seen..

1209-margined-butterflyfish-scan0105.jpg

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

One thing i never really took note, the fremblii actually have a stripe on the dorsal spine..

Actually some marginalis actually show the orange extension, not so commonly seen..

1209-margined-butterflyfish-scan0105.jpg

i wonder if they hybridize with rostratus?

Lemon,

when we first seen those five peppermint in BH,the article in RB said they were 'put to sleep after 40 hours journey..'...what was meant by 'put to sleep'...is is just keeping them in shallow water-level so that they remain in sideway position or medication were applied..?

• Senior Reefer
Lemon, when we first seen those five peppermint in BH,the article in RB said they were 'put to sleep after 40 hours journey..'...what was meant by 'put to sleep'...is is just keeping them in shallow water-level so that they remain in sideway position or medication were applied..?
Hmm interesting. I am unaware of the procedure unfortunately. However there are Chemicals that can Sedate fishes for awhile, especially when doing Procedures such as swim bladder lancing. Perhaps they were sedated the same way to reduce stress?

Hmm interesting. I am unaware of the procedure unfortunately. However there are Chemicals that can Sedate fishes for awhile, especially when doing Procedures such as swim bladder lancing. Perhaps they were sedated the same way to reduce stress?

I believe it should be the same as what they did for transporting large arowana.. The dosage must be accurate so as not to put the fish to sleep eternally.. Haha..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

isn't that a tigerpyge there too along with the aberrant venustus..?

omg i just realized,

this is a new paracentropyge hybrid! look at the markings, it is different from all the others!

• Like 1

• Senior Reefer

on second thought perhaps there is a twist..i posted my idea in RB(i.e B and D are same fish..)...

i've attached the picture here for easy reference.

B and D are quite similarly marked, but are not the same fish.

B came into existence in 2008 and was sold to a japanese reefer, and it resides alone in an SPS tank.

D is an old fish that has been kept for 3 years, but is now only making its appearance through this video.

the picture above shows B and D both facing the left.

post-0-0-40565000-1372782323_thumb.png

• Senior Reefer

Here are two more shots.

first picture shows B facing right

second picture shows D facing right.

the markings are extremely similar, but yet different. unless you are suggesting that the markings somehow morph as the fish grows, which is remarkable and not entirely impossible!

post-0-0-79603000-1372782595_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-44468600-1372782596.png

• SRC Member
i've attached the picture here for easy reference. B and D are quite similarly marked, but are not the same fish. B came into existence in 2008 and was sold to a japanese reefer, and it resides alone in an SPS tank. D is an old fish that has been kept for 3 years, but is now only making its appearance through this video. the picture above shows B and D both facing the left.
Super nice

• Senior Reefer

Aray,

i think you are right. the fish are the same. they morph as they grow. the markings are too similar for a hybrid. i will mend the post now. thanks for pointing this out!

Aray,

i think you are right. the fish are the same. they morph as they grow. the markings are too similar for a hybrid. i will mend the post now. thanks for pointing this out!

yeah!..i pointed precisely same thing in the RB post that with age some line just joined(by the way it is not showing there)...

i initially missed it...only when i went back to see the post again,i noticed they are eerily similar...

• Senior Reefer

yes thanks for your heads up, i would not have noticed it as well.

the right side of the fish is similar and hasn't changed much, but the left side has morphed significantly! interesting growth pattern.

• Senior Reefer

marshall island caught colini angelfish.

they have wide range and can be found all over the west pacific : Cocos-Keeling Atoll, parts of Indonesia, Palau (Belau), Guam, Fiji, and the Marshall Islands. but still difficult fish.

here's a v old reposted video of a super healthy colini pair, alogn with multibar and venustus.

post-0-0-92649400-1373161392_thumb.jpg