OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Liopropoma aurora, Lipogramma robinsi, Odanthias fuscipinnis, Pseudanthias rubrolineatus, Roa excelsa, Plectranthias sagamiensis and Bodianus sepiacaudus. what an amazing collection of deepwater fish!

the aurora is so healthy with no decompression illness!

Does the mitratum n aurora look v alike ? I always fancy the mitratum for its peach body .

Maybe it's the dim lighting here

They look very different in my opinion.

Even size is very different. Mitratum stays small while aurora is a big basslet up to 6".

• Senior Reefer
Lemon, apart from Phillipine,where else Venustus is collected...?..
No where else as far as I know. Unlike colini and multibar, venustus is not collet out outside of indo pacific. It is also not found outside that range.

• Senior Reefer
Does the mitratum n aurora look v alike ? I always fancy the mitratum for its peach body . Maybe it's the dim lighting here
Mitratum is a small species maxing at only 2 inch+ . Aurora is 6inch and very robust. Coloration is totally different as well

No where else as far as I know. Unlike colini and multibar, venustus is not collet out outside of indo pacific. It is also not found outside that range.

so mortality rate is everywhere same..even at BH..?

Fishbase list the range to Japan sea..so i thought maybe they were catching it close to home...

• Senior Reefer

so mortality rate is everywhere same..even at BH..?

Fishbase list the range to Japan sea..so i thought maybe they were catching it close to home...

can be found in japan but they do not catch it there.

BH gets their venustus from philippines

best to firm up the details first...

yeah!..i checked the threads and saw they offered Ballina angelfish few months ago. :blink: ..that was a red signal...i know they are very reputed and trustworthy in Sinagapore,still offering Ballina...they must have acquired a source even BH would envy... :heh: