OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Is this a lunatus fairy? Pic taken at an LFS in Japan. If lunatus looks like this it's a bit disappointing, no wonder not expensive.

yes.

Cirrhilabrus lunatus. Identified by the black finnage as compared to red in C. johnsoni. Also, both have very lunated tails.

yes.

Cirrhilabrus lunatus. Identified by the black finnage as compared to red in C. johnsoni. Also, both have very lunated tails.

Den lunatus is quite ugly. If i see this in japan LFS i prob wont even notice it!

On the other hand male psychedelic wrasse can be so beautiful. Sadly they're such heartbreaker, often ship poorly and die fast in captivity.

post-10328-073404500 1289919763_thumb.jp

post-10328-085104900 1289919783_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Den lunatus is quite ugly. If i see this in japan LFS i prob wont even notice it!

On the other hand male psychedelic wrasse can be so beautiful. Sadly they're such heartbreaker, often ship poorly and die fast in captivity.

lunatus is not very nice but very unique.

when displaying, the fins turn brilliant blue.

some males do look decent.

posted before in this thread.

• Senior Reefer

Chrysocephalus wrasse is so difficult!

i like the males alot but even if they come one day i won't buy them as survival rate is abysmal!

• Senior Reefer

Yes of course its beautiful! How many of them are going to be brought in? Only the male?

Like all things nice and beautiful its good to label it!

don't count your chickens yet!!

it may not come but i really hope it does.

lunatus is not very nice but very unique.

when displaying, the fins turn brilliant blue.

some males do look decent.

posted before in this thread.

All the lunatus pics posted here before are all pics of lunatus in the wild. But the one i jux posted is a male in the LFS. Wild pic and captivity pic can differ by a lot! So in captivity the fish can be v disappointing.

• Senior Reefer

All the lunatus pics posted here before are all pics of lunatus in the wild. But the one i jux posted is a male in the LFS. Wild pic and captivity pic can differ by a lot! So in captivity the fish can be v disappointing.

here's tanaka's "lunatus-brunneus" from indonesia (?)

actually it's brunneus i think.

post-15755-063902300 1290006012_thumb.jp

post-15755-034770000 1290006017_thumb.jp

post-15755-095638700 1290006021_thumb.jp

post-15755-018331600 1290006027_thumb.jp

post-15755-081247800 1290006031_thumb.jp

may i know what is the thing about this guy(Chrysiptera rollandi)?is it rarity or colour combination that makes it so special.

This rollandi damsel is the fiji variant. This fiji rollandi is more colourful den the indo rollandi and price is also higher. Rollandi damsel is a small and peaceful damsel. Me and a few reefers here have kept this fiji variant before and i am sure they, like me, have found this fiji variant much more nicer den the indo one and is a fish full of character. LCK has a ready supply of these fiji rollandi but at a price of $45 not many are willing to buy.

Below is the more common and less colourful indo rollandi:

RollandsDemoiselleWMD_Ap19AD.jpg

Since we are on the topic of damsels, let me introduce two other perfect damsels for home aquarium. I'm still waiting for them to be imported!

1) Tuxedo Damsel, found in fiji and vanuatu shipment. Inexpensive and uncommon. Small and peaceful.

p-24004-tuxedo-damsel.jpg

2) Canary Damsel, found in cook island shipment. Inexpensive and uncommon. Small and peaceful, deepwater.

3044b0fc7f1bcc38.jpg

Damsels are not boring!

This rollandi damsel is the fiji variant. This fiji rollandi is more colourful den the indo rollandi and price is also higher. Rollandi damsel is a small and peaceful damsel. Me and a few reefers here have kept this fiji variant before and i am sure they, like me, have found this fiji variant much more nicer den the indo one and is a fish full of character. LCK has a ready supply of these fiji rollandi but at a price of $45 not many are willing to buy.

Below is the more common and less colourful indo rollandi:

RollandsDemoiselleWMD_Ap19AD.jpg

hmm,how about starckis,are they counted as peaceful or aggresive.